Author Topic: Did Dorje Shugden in 1959 help or EXPEL the Dalai Lama from Tibet?  (Read 10739 times)

Vajraprotector

• Administrator
Re: Did Dorje Shugden in 1959 help or EXPEL the Dalai Lama from Tibet?
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2016, 08:29:40 AM »
One thing's for sure is that HH Dalai Lama is out of Tibet and looks like there is not much hope of returning for good. Let's look at the state of affairs:

Chinese Foreign Ministry in their response to Reuters' in Dec 2015 has stated that the government of the Tibet Autonomous Region fully respect the rights of citizens to freedom of belief, and that "Whether to believe or not in the protecting deity 'Dorje Shugden' is totally a free and private matter for religious followers."

In January this year, Markham County (Chamdo) had officially issued a public notice out regarding crack down on "violation of law using the issue of Protector Dorje Shugden practice to create social conflict in the society' (see attached).

While monks are being expelled in exile for practising Dorje Shugden, monks and nuns are expelled and persecuted if they are devoted to HH Dalai Lama in Tibet.

In Lithang, a few days before HH Dalai Lama's birthday earlier this month, the local authorities had summoned a meeting in which they instructed the representatives from the monasteries to keep the celebration small and to make sure pictures or videos of the event does not get out.

According to Tibet Post International, in order to have enough participants for the recent Panchen Lama's teaching, the Chinese government made a decree stating that, every Tibetan family in Shigatse city must provide at least two participants for the Chinese Panchen's Kalachakra initiation (http://www.thetibetpost.com/en/news/tibet/5102-two-people-per-family-mandated-to-attend-fake-panchens-teaching)

HH Dalai Lama has brought much exposure and one of the main contributors of Tibetan Buddhism being widely known and accepted in the world today. HH continues to do that outside of Tibet and doing a fabulous job, latest news was that Lady Gaga was so impressed she has asked the Dalai Lama to officiate her wedding to Taylor Kinney.

Inside of Tibet, Lamas continue to promote Dorje Shugden, for example in the case of the 20th Denma Gonsar Rinpoche who has huge influence,  Lama Jampa Ngodup Wangchuk Rinpoche a famous Shugden lama who was sent by the Chinese Government to give Dharma teachings in Switzerland and so on.

Whatever it is, whether HH Dalai Lama was helped out of Tibet or expel, it is clear to us that the results is the propogation and spread of Tibetan Buddhism and Dorje Shugden lineage simultaneously. Although the ban may seem an obstacles, but it is creating causes for Dorje Shugden to be 'used' by the Chinese and hence the Chinese will continue to promote and support Dorje Shugden practice and Dorje Shugden lamas.

What I can't wait to see is the day that Panchen Lama gives Dorje Shugden initiation, backed by the Chinese.  8) 8) 8) 8)

Harold Musetescu

« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2016, 01:19:09 PM »
To  Vajraprotector

"What I can't wait to see is the day that Panchen Lama gives Dorje Shugden initiation, backed by the Chinese".   

What I can't wait to see is the day that the Panchen Lama and the 15th Tibetan Dalai Lama together give the Dorje Shugden initiation, backed by the Chinese.

vajratruth

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2016, 09:05:21 PM »
To  Vajraprotector

"What I can't wait to see is the day that Panchen Lama gives Dorje Shugden initiation, backed by the Chinese".   

What I can't wait to see is the day that the Panchen Lama and the 15th Tibetan Dalai Lama together give the Dorje Shugden initiation, backed by the Chinese.

It is highly probable that the Panchen Lama will be teaching more and by that gain more disciples. And it is very likely that the Panchen Lama's disciples will also embrace Dorje Shugden as their Dharma protector, or at the very least, not oppose him.

In India, it is also very likely that more scholars will emerge from Shar Ganden and Serpom Monastery and carry Dorje Shugden's practice forward.

I the West, it is almost a guarantee that the NKT will continue to grow and spread the Shugden lineage. In addition, Trijang Choktrul Rinpoche and Rabten Rinpoche are certain to prolifically turn the wheel of Dharma and give many Dorje Shugden teachings.

In the meantime Tsem Tulku will have a stronger and stronger presences online and will make Dorje Shugden popular globally.

I am hopeful that the Shugden oppression days will soon be a thing of the past.

Tenzin Malgyur

« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2016, 01:59:13 PM »
Agreed with you, Vajratruth. During the recent Kalacakra initiation lead by the 11th Panchen Lama held on July 21 2016 for four days saw a huge turnout of more than 100000 people. This is the beginning of many more glorious dharma teachings by the Panchen Lama as he is being groomed to expound the Buddha's teachings to the whole world.
Certainly very glad to see Dorje Shugden's teachings emerging from so many places as mentioned by yourself, Vajratruth. Now that the oppression of the Shugdenpas has come to the attention of the world, I pray that very soon HHDL would lift the illegal ban on Shugden practice.
I have also included the link to the article on the recent Kalacakra initiation. Do read of this rejoicing event here:

http://www.dorjeshugden.com/all-articles/news/the-11th-panchen-lamas-kalacakra-initiation-the-beginning-of-the-end-for-the-cta/

James Bond

« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2016, 03:20:59 AM »
Im not really sure which story to believe here. Both are logical to me and both seem very possible after reading the explanations. I originally heard about the story where Dorje Shugden saved Dalai Lama. That was the only story Ive heard of and I thought that was all there was to it. But now after reading the second story about how Dorje Shugden could have actually banished the Dalai Lama from Tibet, Im thinking twice. I think im still unsure about which story I believe, Ill have to really sit down in silence and think about it.

Q

« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2016, 08:14:29 PM »
Interesting point of view. But I'd say probably not.

Why? Because we know very well that the DL and entourage were protected by supernatural forces during their journey to India.

Also, if DS did not 'expel' the Dalai Lama out of Tibet, we would not have this problem. There will be NO DORJE SHUGDEN BAN because the Dalai Lama would have met his end when the Potala Palace was bombarded by the Communist.

Tibetan Buddhism doesn't need to survive only with the Dalai Lama leaving Tibet. There is without a doubt that Tibetan Buddhism would leak out of Tibet during the war, with Tibetans running and settling in neighboring countries just as we see what's happening in Syria... they ain't got any Dalai Lama.

Celia

« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2016, 03:56:47 AM »
It is indeed interesting to read another perspective as to the Dalai Lama leaving Tibet which has its logic and appeal as well. Matter of preference then as to which to accept and am inclined towards the help escape version. Especially since Kyabje Trijang Rinpoche already predicted that the Dalai Lama and Dorje Shugden would manifest conflict but they are actually working together to spread the Dharma. Any actions of by enlightened beings are always meant to benefit others and tend to believe that would be the focus of these two enlightened beings, Dorje Shugden and Dalai Lama.

Harold Musetescu

« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2016, 11:39:23 AM »
Hello Q

You stated that "Why? Because we know very well that the DL and entourage were protected by supernatural forces during their journey to India."

Would some of those "Supernatural forces" include the Tibetan  CIA trained radio operator how travelled with the Dalai Lama on his escape from Tibet? Would that also include the CIA plane that flew overhead to help show the route for them in their escape?

Check youtube under the Dalai Lama and the CIA to see that story. The CIA help the 14th Dalai Lama to escape Tibet. One wonders if it was not in fact the CIA that shelled the Dalai Lama with mortars to help convince him in 1959 to escape and not as publicly claimed the Chinese.

This lame mortar attack in 1959 against the Dalai Lama does not make any sense. This was the People's Liberation Army's best planned attack? To fire one or two mortars and "hoped" they killed the DL. They had no  back up plan like a full assault by their "crack troops" to follow up their initial attack and kill the DL. The People's Liberation Army that had conquered all of China by force and they came up with this absolutely stupid plan to kill him. The PLA were experts at killing their "political rivals" and for them to try a "single" attack that failed and then wait for days for the Dalai Lama to plan and execute his escape from Tibet is in my opinion "nonsense".

The CIA wanted the Dalai Lama out of Tibet to lead a resistance army to fight the Chinese's inside Tibet.
They needed him to "want" to escape and they would benefit by a "failed attempt on the DL's life".

The CIA were waiting for him in India and once he arrived they started their already pre planned operations. Using the Dalai Lama and his Tibetan 2000 man CIA trained mercenary army to do their dirty work for the next fifteen years. No "Americans" died fighting the Chinese's PLA only Tibetans. This was their plan and it worked perfectly.

So Q who were the real "supernatural forces", the CIA???