Author Topic: Dorje Shugden, Kache Marpo and Methar?  (Read 10093 times)

Harold Musetescu

Dorje Shugden, Kache Marpo and Methar?
« on: June 30, 2016, 06:22:16 PM »
We all know who Dorje Shugden and Kache Marpo are but do we know about the Dharmpala "Methar"? Did you know that he is part of Dorje Shugden's retinue? To be more accurate he is a member of Kache Marpo's retinue.

Please google "Demons and Oracles of Tibet" and go to page 144. This book has been quoted by Tsem Tulku on numerous occasions. You will read, "Another Dharmpala of a more recent origin, found in the retinue of Dorje Shugden is the Guardian Deity, METHAR. This god is said to be the spirit of the treasurer of Tengyeling Monastery, which was destroyed by troops of the Tibetan government in 1912. The unfortunate treasurer was taken prisoner by the soldiery and was SKINNED ALIVE. His spirit then turned into a ferocious demon. He was subdued by an incarnate lama, the Serkong Rinpoche, and turned into a guardian Deity of the Buddhist faith. METHAR is depicted wearing the colourful garment of a high-ranking lay-official. In one hand he holds a (skull) rosary, the other one brandishes a lance. He is sometimes depicted riding a blue horse.".

Tengyeling Monastery was one of the four great colleges in Tibet. It's head was H.H. Demo Tulku and he was the Regent on three occasions for the Dalai Lama Lineage. His monastery had a "Tsen Khang" a "Protector House" built for the Dharmapala "Tsiu (Kache) Marpo. Please google Demo Tulku and Tsiu Marpo and you will see an entry for Tengyleing and Tsen Khang. It states, " 4) Tengyeling, finally Tengyeling, a Regency Seat owned by Demo Tulku, contained a "Tsen Khang" for the protector Tsiu (Kache) Marpo.".  H.H. Demo Tulku was said to have had a "meditative experience" of Kache Marpo. His monastery's Official Oracle was taken possession of by "Kache Marpo".

Demo Tulku was Methar's root guru and he died while in service to his Lama. This is a great example of "Guru Devotions" by Methar to died for his Lama and his Lama's monastery. Methar's Lama had a "meditative experience" of Kache Marpo. Demo Tulku created a chapel for Kache Marpo and Kache Marpo took trance of Tengyeling's Oracle. Methar would also have had Kache Marpo has his dharmapala and would follow the annoucements of Kache Marpo's Oracle.  Kache Marpo through the Tengyeling Oracle told the Tengyeling monks in 1910 to support the Chinese troops who had ousted the 13th Dalai Lama and made him flee to Mongolian. The monastery took in the Chinese troops and fought side by side with them for two years to keep the corrupted 13th Dalai Lama from returning. They did this because in 1900 their beloved Lama, Demo Tulku, was executed by the 13th Dalai Lama. He had been falsely charged by the Nechung Oracle and Terton Soygal (the now morally corrupt Sogyal Rinpoche). This is the same Nechung Oracle who in 1904 told the 13th Dalai Lama to attack Col. Younghouse and his British troop. He told the DL that his troops would destroy the British. The DL followed the Nechung's advise and in one day over 700 Tibetan soldiers were slaughter by the British. So the Nechung was right in 1900 about Demo Tulku but totally wrong in 1904???

When Methar was subdued by Serkong Rinpoche he was placed in the retinue of Dorje Shugden. Dorje Shugden then placed him under the command of his "FIRST MINISTER", Kache Marpo. Dorje Shugden did this out of respect for the love and devotion that Methar had shown to Kache Marpo in his previous live. He carries a "Skull Rosary" to count the heads of all the evil human and spirit demons he has slain. Just what you would expect from a former numbers counting treasurer,

So please keep Methar in your prayers. He held fast to his devotion to his Lama and to his Lama's devotion to "Kache Marpo".

Q

Re: Dorje Shugden, Kache Marpo and Methar?
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2016, 07:21:34 PM »
Thank you for sharing this interesting piece of story. I have also read the book 'Demons and Oracles of Tibet' and have came across the subject of Methar, though I couldn't find any other references on this deity. If it is true about his existence, which I am confident it is, as the writer of Demons and Oracles is fairly accurate with his research into the mystical side of Tibetan Buddhism, then Methar would be the newest addition into Dorje Shugden's entourage instead of Namka Barzin, whom was subdued by Domo Geshe Rinpoche.

I am yet to find more information about Methar, such as his depiction. How does he look like? Are there any paintings or statues of his figure? I also heard that there are specific and special prayers composed specially to invoke for his help and blessing, but I have not actually seen it.

Hopefully someone with more information would post it here on this forum.

SabS

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2016, 07:47:33 PM »
Thanks Harold for highlighting Methar's story and how he became an entourage of Dorje Shugden under Kache Marpo. Echoing Q's enquiry, it would be interesting to have an image of Methar to refer to.

It is so sad that he had to suffer so much pain from the 13th Dalai Lama's troop. My goodness, the pain of being skinned alive. His Guru devotion is great for him to reconnect with Kache Marpo, the Protector practised by his Guru, H.H. Demo Tulku and would have been given to him when he was a monk. May he continue to serve Kache Marpo and Dorje Shugden with his devotion.

Harold Musetescu

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2016, 08:46:44 PM »
Visualize this as your thangka of Methar. A man standing on an ocean of blood and dead bodies. From the neck up the face of a man. He has fangs dripping human blood and he has long black hair tied in a top knot. From the neck down he is SKINNED ALIVE his body blood red in colour. In his right hand a long black spear and in his left hand a long bloody rosary of human skulls that encircles the neck of a dead man's body. His spear stuck in the dead man's heart. This is Methar the dharmapala from Tengyeling Monastery.
Also Methar became a dharmapala after is death in 1912. Namkar Barzin became a dharmapala in the 1920's.

grandmapele

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2016, 10:07:19 AM »
Another monk with Guru Devotion and pure motivation in service to the Guru and dharma, turned protector. First the horrific death with wrath, then subdued to be dharma protector under the entourage of Karche Marpo. So, any wrathful spirit can be subdued.

And, once a bean counter always a bean counter? I would have thought that what the gross mind learned will not be carried over to the next life or incarnation. Maybe this is just a representation.

Still cannot understand why Dorje Shugden considered a demon? Surely after 400 years, you would think that the Lamas would have found a way to subdue him. Would that mean that the powers of the Buddha via the conduit of the lamas is not efficacious? I've read of many accounts of how the various lamas of the various schools of Tibetan Buddhism, the foremost authority on the subduing of baleful spirits, subdue the various entities and some sent to Dharmadhatu and some sworn to be Dharma Protectors.

Maybe it is the karma of the people of this age to not want to learn about the truth? I'm beginning to see why many call this the kaliyuga era. The era of the blind, deaf  and ignorant. How very scary.

Thanks, Harold Musetescu for a very short and informative sharing.

Harold Musetescu

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2016, 11:22:10 AM »
Methar's teacher was the 9th Demo Tulku who's family lineage was Mongolian. Upon his murder in 1900 the 13th Dalai Lama chose his own "Nephew" as the 10th Demo Tulku. None of the monks,nuns or lay followers of of the 9th Demo Tulku accepted this "Nephew" as the true incarnation of their beloved teacher. The 9th Demo Tulku lost his "Tulku Lineage", his monastery, his Tengyeling Kache Marpo Oracle lineage and his SAMAYA with his thousands of monks,nuns and lay followers.

This "Nephew" is just another example of the Dalai Lama enthroning a FALSE TULKU. All we have to do is look at the 14th Dalai Lama and his fake anti Dorje Shugden Domo Geshe Rinpoche. What "BLACK KARMA" did the 13th Dalai Lama create for himself by destroying the  "Samaya" between the 9th Demo Tulku and his followers. What "BLACK KARMA" did he create by trying to have them follow a FALSE 10th Demo Tulku.
What "BLACK KARMA" has the 14th Dalai Lama created for himself by trying to have the true followers of Domo Geshe Rinpoche follow his FAKE Domo Geshe Rinpoche.

To SabS - Methar was never a monk he was a lay person. You will find this in "Oracle and Demons of Tibet".

Please pray for the return of the true incarnation of H.H. Demo Tulku.

Harold Musetescu

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2016, 11:55:15 AM »
Methar's mantra - "OM METHAR SARVA SIDDHI HUNG, OM METHAR SARVA SIDDHI HUNG, OM METHAR SARVA SIDDHI HUNG"

Harold Musetescu

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2016, 12:47:00 PM »
When looking at the history of the man and then the Dharmapala "Methar" one must understand the uniqueness of it all. I do not believe there is another case in the vast history of "Dharmapalas" as we find in the study of "Methar".

First we have "Methar" the man who had Kache Marpo as his "Dharmapala". Then you have Methar the man who had Kache Marpo as his "Oracle". Then you have "Methar" the man who lived in a monastery that had Kache Marpo as the "Dharmapala" of that monastery. You have "Methar" the man who had as his Lama, Demo Tulku who had a "Meditative experience" of Kache Marpo. You have "Methar" the man who was murdered defending his monastery against the evil 13th Dalai Lama. You have Methar the man who prayed to his Lama and Kache Marpo while being SKINNED A LIVE on orders of the 13 Dalai Lama. The same Dalai Lama who murdered his Lama, His Holiness the 9th Demo Tulku Rinpoche. His Holiness Demo Tulku died after he was stuck into a wooden barrel that was then filled with water and he drowned to death. Both Demo Tulku and his student Methar both died horrible deaths at the hands of the 13th Dalai Lama.

"Methar" who became a "Dharmapala" and was placed in the retinue of Kache Marpo. Methar who now rides side by side with Kache Marpo into battle in the service of King Dorje Shugden against the evil Dalai Lama.

I do not thing you will ever find such a incredible story as you do with the man and the Dharmapala Methar.

OM METHAR SARVA SIDDHI HUNG

Big Uncle

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2016, 08:41:03 PM »
Visualize this as your thangka of Methar. A man standing on an ocean of blood and dead bodies. From the neck up the face of a man. He has fangs dripping human blood and he has long black hair tied in a top knot. From the neck down he is SKINNED ALIVE his body blood red in colour. In his right hand a long black spear and in his left hand a long bloody rosary of human skulls that encircles the neck of a dead man's body. His spear stuck in the dead man's heart. This is Methar the dharmapala from Tengyeling Monastery.
Also Methar became a dharmapala after is death in 1912. Namkar Barzin became a dharmapala in the 1920's.

Hi Harold,
You seemed very familiar with Methar. Is it possible that you get an image of Methar somewhere, take a picture of it and post it here. Nobody has ever heard of Methar and you are one of the few who are talking about him. Please share if you have anything on him, I means as in thangka or statue. It would be most interesting and adds another protector-figure to the entourage of Dorje Shugden.

Harold Musetescu

« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2016, 10:04:25 PM »
Big Uncle

Thank you for your most sincere interest in Methar.

I regret that due to "Tantric Commitments and Vows" I have been sworn to I can not reveal anymore in public. The connection I have to "Methar" has spanned life times. The practice of "Methar" though in one sense is public it is meant for the select few and not for the many. Methar is one of many dharmapalas in the retinue of Dorje Shugden but his "Samaya" is very special.

I am sorry I can not help you but do try His Eminence Tsem Tulku. We have communicated on "Methar" and if you ask him sincerely he may be of great assistance to you Big Uncle.

Ringo Starr

• Email
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2016, 02:38:06 AM »
@Harold, you had on December 7, 2013 also speculated the following:

"Please remember the great Demo Tulku Rinpoche who was false accused and murdered by the Dalai Lama. Remember Demo Tulku Rinpoche’s “Kuten” of Tengye Ling Monastery.

Remember Tengye Ling Monastery that was destroyed in 1914 by the Dalai Lama.

May Demo Tulku Rinpoche, his Kuten and Tengye Ling Monastery rise again as a home to Lord Dorje Shugden.

Om benza wiki betana shatroo maraya pet.

A hidden victory since 1959, BUT NO LONGER MY BROTHERS AND SISTERS IN DORJE SHUGDEN."

Here is an old photograph of Tengye-Ling Monastery.

https://www.wdl.org/en/item/11641/

Ringo Starr

• Email
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2016, 03:13:25 AM »
The shenanigans surrounding the 13th Dalai Lama has also been studied and accusations against Dorje Shugden debunked in this detailed point-by-point article:

http://www.dorjeshugdenhistory.org/did-the-13th-dalai-lama-ban-dorje-shugden.html

Its conclusion is as follows:

In this attempt to ultimately draw a conclusion to this question, not only does an investigation reveal the claims that the 13th Dalai Lama banned or restricted Dorje Shugden to be highly unlikely, but it also reveals an attempt to spin doctor well-known foibles with the Nechung oracle during the time of the 13th Dalai Lama.

This rewriting of history since the 1970s tries to sweep these controversies out of the court of the Nechung oracle and cast the net of doubt instead onto Dorje Shugden.

Interestingly, the Tibetan word rnam rtog has several meanings including superstition and conceptualization, perhaps this is more than a coincidence. Therefore, one should consider if all of these intrigues and foibles are the product of human imputations, having little to do with the time-honored deities such as Nechung. And history repeats itself, so if I may be excused to indulge in a bit of rnam rtog, it would appear that Nyagtru, Nechung oracle’s interloper, is still quite active.

Harold Musetescu

« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2017, 02:46:20 AM »
I and the present day Tengyeling Oracle wish to thank His Eminence Tsem Tulku and his staff for all the hard work they have done to bring Methar to the public's attention. Also for their tell of the true story of Nyari Tulku and his horrific murder at the hands of the Tibetan Government.

Without their tireless work you would not have known about His Holiness Demo Tulku, Nyari Tulku, Methar, Kache Marpo and H.E. Serkong Dorje Chang.

It is because of H.E. Tsem Tulku that the followers of Dorje Shugden know the true story of Tengyeling Monastery and not the lies told by the Tibetan Government then and now in 2017. As H.E. Tsem Tulku so rightfully wrote, "This is a story of political intrigue, unholy plots against innocent men and murder".

All of you now can pray to the dharmapala "Methar" for his protection and guidance because of Tsem Tulku. Methar who is now the "First Minister" to "Kache Marpo".

As Ringo Starr posted that as far back as Dec. 07, 2013 I and the Tengyeling Oracle have being telling the world about Demo Tulku. Demo Tulku who lost his monastery, his Tulku lineage,his Regent's Throne, the Tengyeling Oracle lineage and his lost samaya to the thousands of monks,nuns and lay followers who followed him. He lost all this to the "bloody hands" of the then evil and corrupt Tibetan government who have reincarnated as the present day CTA.

Finally thorough the kindness of His Eminence Tsem Tulku you now all know the truth.

Pray that the true incarnation of His Holiness Demo Tulku finally shows himself to the followers of Dorje Shugden.

Pray for the continued good health and long life to His Eminence Tsem Tulku.

grandmapele

« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2017, 09:48:30 AM »
@Harold Musetescu, thank you for sharing the article and His Eminence Tsem Tulku. Indeed, he has written about Methar and the Nyari Tulku. There is even a beautiful print of Methar available. As you mentioned, His Eminence Tsem Tulku and his followers have brought this protector to the public eye.

May the truth be known and the negative karma collected be purified.
May the true incarnation of His Holiness Demo Tulku finally shows himself to the followers of Dorje Shugden.
May His Eminence Tsem Tulku have continued good health and long life to spread the dharma for the benefit of many.

Harold Musetescu

« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2017, 05:47:24 PM »
His Eminence Tsem Tulku has created a wonderful wooden statue of the "Wrathful" form of Methar".

He has officially placed this statue of Methar on Dorje Shugden's altar at Kechara Forest Retreat.

You can see this photo on Rinpoche's website under the article of "Methar of Tengyeling".

Thank you Rinpoche for bring "Methar", "Demo Tulku", "Nyari Tulku" and "Tengyeling Monastery" to the world.