Author Topic: Praise to Manjushri (in Dorje Shugden kangso)  (Read 4355 times)

psylotripitaka

Praise to Manjushri (in Dorje Shugden kangso)
« on: October 19, 2015, 01:34:04 AM »
In Melodious Drum Victorious in all Directions, the Praise to Manjushri usher's us into the world of Dorje Shugden kangso. Here is a link to a wonderful commentary to this praise given by the Venerable Geshe Rabten.

http://www.lamayeshe.com/article/praise-manjusri

eyesoftara

Re: Praise to Manjushri (in Dorje Shugden kangso)
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2015, 07:04:35 AM »
This proofs without doubt that Dorje Shugden is one with Manjushri. We should generate the view that this is so and is one with the Guru. In fact all Gurus, Yidams, Buddhas, Boddhisattvas, Heroes, Daka, Dakinis and Protectors are emanations of our Guru.

In this way we should visualise and regard as the truth so that our practice with have the most benefit.

christine V

• Email
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2015, 04:07:00 PM »
Wow! Now only i came to know that Praise to Manjushri is composed by 100 Mahasiddhis. Here are the explanation according to the text:
According to the oral tradition teachings of the lineage gurus, like the junior tutor to His Holiness the Dalai Lama, the Praise to Manjushri (Gang-lo-ma) was composed by 100 Indian mahasiddhis who had gathered together. Each one separately decided to say a verse of praise to Manjushri, who at that time blessed their minds.
And in the Kangso of Dorje Shugden there is a praise to Manjushri, this mean Dorje Shugden is no other than MAnjushri himself, manifested as protector to protect us and come near to us.

yontenjamyang

• Email
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2015, 04:42:24 AM »
No doubt that when doing the Dorje Shugden Kangsol, we are doing a praise to Manjushri. Hence, this reinforce on our side Dorje Shugden as Manjushri. Not only Dorje Shugden protects us on the outer level, more so, He protects us on an inner level with the his blessings for our practice to gain intellectual, practical and ultimate understanding of Wisdom.
In this way His the the Dharma Protector ie one who protects our Dharma Practice.

Shugdener

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2015, 02:42:27 PM »
The fact that Dorje Shugden is mentioned of is solid proof that Dorje Shugden is indeed a Buddha and not a spirit as said by many.

Manjushri, an Enlightened Buddha, Buddha of wisdom wouldn't teach us to worship a spirit.
This means that Dorje Shugden is one with Dorje Shugden and need we say more?

This I believe also means that whenever we pray to Dorje Shugden we are also praying to Manjushri and when we pray to Dorje Shugden we are also praying to Manjushri.

Thank you Chokyi Dorje for sharing!

grandmapele

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2015, 01:22:04 PM »
Sounds really convincing but unfortunately I couldn't access the website. Is there any printout somewhere that i can read up? thank you.

psylotripitaka

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2015, 05:54:29 AM »
Ok, first of all, it seems some of you are confused here, Dorje Shugden is not mentioned by Geshe Rabten at all. I have merely included the Protector's name in the title of this thread because this very praise is included at the very beginning of Kangso.

Grandmapele, the link works fine for me from computer and phone. Try typing the link out, or do a google search of 'praise to manjushri by geshe rabten' then follow the link.