Author Topic: Tibet supporters and Tibetans stage protest in front of the NKT  (Read 3172 times)

DharmaSpace

London, UK — Tibetans and Tibet supporters on September 18, staged a demonstration in front of the Kadampa Meditation Center in London, UK, a controversial organization run by Geshe Kelsang Gyatso.

"The Center is the epicenter of those who make baseless allegations against His Holiness Dalai Lama and the Tibetan Government-in-exile in the name of demonic deity Dolgyal," the GTV said in a statement released after their protest.

The statement said "over 30 demonstrators of Global Tibetan Volunteers for Truth (GTVT) distributed about 500 booklets about Dolgyal and some 3000 pamphlets among the public During that the protest."

The organiser said that "the purpose of the demonstration was to protest against the misdeeds done by the Dolgyal groups e.g, the harmful mission that they are doing to Buddhism, to the struggles of Tibetan freedom and defamation of His Holiness."

They also said that "It was also aimed to inform the people of the world in general England in particular about the real truth about Dolgyal and it's followers and to expose how they are deceiving people using the names of Jey Tsongkhapa and Buddha."

"The demonstrators have demanded the immediate stoppage of the harmful deeds against Tibetans and Buddhism by NKT or Shugden groups," it added.

"When the people around the saw the real face of the Center and it's followers, they thanked the demonstrators for giving correct information the Dolgyal."

"Because Dolgyal groups had started making the allegations from London, so the Global Tibetans Volunteers for Truth has also started protesting from the same place," it further stressed.

"It was strongly iterate that until the Dolgyal groups stop misinforming and making baseless allegations, the members of the GTVT will never stop protesting against them," the group wrote, adding, "With this declaration, the procession went fruitful and victorious one."

Protesters from NKT staged protests against His Holiness the Dalai Lama as he lands in the country. The protesters lined the streets in London, banging drums and shouting slogans. They claim Shugden followers are being persecuted and His Holiness the Dalai Lama has failed to take a stance.

"I suppose you are asking about the Shugden question, a controversy that has been going on for nearly 400 years. However, it's only come to prominence in the last 80 years or so,"
His Holiness said in response to a question from a woman from the audience at his talk on September 19 at the O2 arena.

"In my own case, while I propitiated this spirit, I had no religious freedom. I only gained that freedom once I understood its nature and background and stopped that practice."

"You have no religious freedom when you worship this spirit. It is very much sectarian. Since then it's been my duty to make this clear to others. If you want to pay attention to what I have to say, that's up to you," His Holiness added.

http://www.dorjeshugden.com/forum/Themes/Actualism_2_0/images/theme/xbackdrop.png

This is such a waste of time,effort and resources. There is nothing for them to fight for and if they end the ban and discrimination then, they do not need to do their silly kind of demonstration, another fumbling action from CTA.

yontenjamyang

• Email
Re: Tibet supporters and Tibetans stage protest in front of the NKT
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2015, 06:01:26 AM »
Another case of wrongs among so called Tibet supporters. The demonstrations against the Dalai Lama is not about religion but rather about freedom of practice. It is a fact that the Dalai Lama ban the Shugden practice That is clear. So, for this group to then go as say Shugden is a Dolgyal is uncalled for. This is their opinion and we respect their opinion but we do not agree. We can live with that. So basically, the GTVT is again mixing things up.
Why don't the Dalai Lama ban Christianity among Tibetans and see what hell will break lose?

Shugden Library

• Followers of Dorje Shugden
Re: Tibet supporters and Tibetans stage protest in front of the NKT
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2015, 02:30:29 PM »
Global Tibetans Volunteers for Truth are neither "global" nor "volunteers", only a front for the CTA. Just bad Dalai Lama anti-Shugden propaganda once again.