Author Topic: Dalai Lama says it is important to show respect to other religion  (Read 9631 times)

Carpenter

Re: Dalai Lama says it is important to show respect to other religion
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2012, 04:09:04 PM »
I have always believed that HHDL is a world class public relations supremo and a strategist at the international level and like all statesmen the Dalai Lama does not work alone and even if he did "miscalculate" his strategy, he would have been corrected by a capable team. Thus, it is unimaginable that HHDL would go out and make contradictory statements that can only serve to undermine his credibility.

When you look at it carefully, the Dalai Lama has made no concerted approach towards mending relations with China. As a matter of fact, setting himself up as China's "public enemy" is the "incentive" for China to support anything that seem to be going against the Dalai Lama.

The ban without a doubt placed Dorje Shiugden in the international stage.

And now by openly promoting acceptance of all religion, HHDL is overtly sending out a public message for people  to question his policy on the ban. Whether you find that his stance on world religion challenges his ban of Dorje Shugden, or you take this to mean that we should look deeper into a subtle meaning, the outcome is good for the Shugden practice.

HHDL's ban has been the most effective move to get Dorje Shugden's name out in the international. By now telling the worl

I totally agree with what Vajratruth said, Dalai Lama has been promoting peace and go around all places and religious to show the acceptance of different belief, but why only Dorje Shugden? If because of Dorje Shugden is a spirit, then there are so many more spirits that people worshipping to, so why only Dorje Shugden?

From this ban started, look at the practitioner of Dorje Shugden, look at how much they have grow? Look at Dorje Shugden, where is he standing now? Doesn’t this tell you something?

Somehow I felt that something very interesting:
Dorje Shugden started plotting his stand since Kangxi time in China, after so many decades, now through Dalai Lama’s Ban, Dorje Shugden went even much bigger in China, hmm… is there really something behind…

dondrup

« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2012, 04:54:52 PM »

"I have always felt it important to show my respect to other religions, such as Christianity, Hinduism, Jainism, Islam, Judaism, Sikhism, and so on." - His Holiness Dalai Lama

Judging from the way Dorje Shugden practitioners are being treated as a result of the ban, how can HH Dalai Lama be saying this? Without disrespect to HH Dalai Lama I found this is so hypocritical!

To respect the abovementioned religions but not Dorje Shugden is not true respect.  It is respect with biasness.  It is being selective. To pray in the manner as depicted in the picture, HH Dalai Lama cannot prove anything but only cause people to doubt His Holiness' spiritual principles.

Dolce Vita

• Email
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2012, 06:54:46 PM »
I believe all religion has the same objective, ie to promote respect, harmony, loving and compassion. All religion promotes peace if there is no respect, how can we have peace? Sadly, we, the practitioners sometimes choose to interpret religion the way that is in favour of our selfish mind and therefore create disharmony among people. Wars erupt because there is no respect to the other party. Thus, to have peace, we must respect each other.

Gabby Potter

« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2015, 10:55:17 AM »
Showing respect to other religions is indeed a very much needed manner as we all have our own rights to practise any religion we want to, it's a basic human rights. But I have one question, why isn't the same thing provided to those people who practise Dorje Shugden? People who do black magics, voodoos are given the respect but not Dorje Shugden practitioners? Why is this? We are all humans beings and we should all be treated with equality.

Tenzin K

« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2015, 03:11:01 PM »
Being compassion has no boundaries. We act compassion to all level of people, to all religious, to all colour skin, to all genders, to all beings in different realms. So why Dalai Lama can’t be harmony with Shugden practitioners. If he really is a spirits and we believe Dalai Lama is Cherenzig, Dalai Lama will definitely able to subdue Dorje Shugden but why wait for so long to ban this practice?

For whatever reason Dalai Lama is a public figure and will influence a lot of people mind but people at this time is not stupid and for them to accept, it has to be logic.

I hope Dalai Lama will lift the ban for a compassion reason like how he respect other religions.

Dondrup Shugden

« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2015, 04:31:09 PM »
The most revered Monk in the world is showing a good example by going to other religious places of worship.  I remember the Popes doing same too.

But I do not believe there is segregation in other religions as long as they are within the same doctrine.  Why then there is such a division created within the Gelug sect of Tibetan Buddhism by different preference to a Protector.

Do not make sense to me however you put the message through.

prodorjeshugden

• Email
« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2015, 02:25:05 PM »
It really does puzzle me that the Dalai Lama respects all other religions but yet can't show  respect for his own religion. I heard a saying "he who climbs a ladder should always start at the first step.
To me it seems that the Dalai Lama is climbing a ladder from the second step or higher, not on the first step.
Whats more the Dalai Lama puts down Dorje Shugden , mistreat them and separate them from other people without any concrete evidence.
If you trace the teachings they will go all the way to Lama Tsongkhapa, so why is the Dalai Lama saying his teachers are wrong? If you say that is wrong that means that the whole Buddhism is wrong as all the teachings come directly from the Buddha. Even the Dalai Lama teaches the Lamrim which comes from Pabhongkha Rinpoche. Which means that you are promoting on one side and disagreeing on another side. That really puzzles me.