Author Topic: Kelsangs Worldwide shut down?  (Read 7861 times)

aboutthetruth

Kelsangs Worldwide shut down?
« on: March 01, 2015, 02:57:07 PM »
Welp looks like the inevitable has finally happened and that Google+ page called Kelsangs Worldwide is gone. I would link it here but I don't want them to get more traffic than they deserve. You can find it on Google.

The viciousness of the group was really something to behold, in shock and horror. It's one thing to be against Dorje Shugden but quite another to be vulgar, vitriolic and vehement in the abuse.

Have you tried to access their page recently? It leads to some kind of 404 error which, by Google standards, is pretty vague. So what do you conjecture happened? Their YouTube account also seems to have been removed although, to be honest, I never really looked at that.

I always found their hyper-ridiculous, hypercritical, hyper-nonsensical postings on Google+ to be far more entertaining. And I was never sure how anyone could take their opinions seriously when they conjured accusations out of thin air. They were more slanderous and defamatory than factual or logical; I often looked at the postings and wondered how any mature adults could sit at a computer and come up with what they did.

I think karma finally caught up? Other groups had better be careful with their own speech and behaviour lest they too are shut down for encouraging hate crimes, and breaching any kind of defamation and slander laws.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2015, 10:06:19 AM by Admin »

DharmaDefender

Re: Kelsangs Worldwide shut down?
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2015, 03:25:13 PM »
Is it wrong to rejoice in this? The site was collecting a lot of negative karma for the owners. Im well chuffed their gone.

I didnt agree with any of their postings but even I can admit that at the beginning, they were relatively even-tempered. Over time, it felt like someone was spitting at me through my computer screen, such was the level of their hatred. It became obvious none of their postings had any semblance of a Buddhist motivation. Buddhism has always been open-minded and accepting (if not, then at least tolerant) so using homosexual slurs? Really uncalled for.

And @aboutthetruth "welp"? Havent heard that in years! Someone must be pleased!

Q

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2015, 04:23:54 PM »
It's about time a group this vile and un-civilized closed down. All they have ever posted on their page was endless senseless rantings and accusations about Shugden lamas. I hope this becomes a lesson to all hate groups out there... that methods such as this brings about no benefit and will eventually be closed down.

The world today has no time and would not support groups that are always throwing negative sentiments on innocent people. I think this is a good sign, perhaps Google+ has finally reviewed their page and took steps to bring it down because their posts are very often stupidly offensive and homophobic. This is the only page I have seen that managed to use the word 'gay' in a degrading way for almost everything in their content.

DharmaSpace

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2015, 06:20:13 PM »
KW closing down is a Victory for all Dorje Shugden practitioners  around the world.  The google plus is offensive and insulting,  it offers very little in terms of spirituality or dharma.

The people behind KW are not exactly model citizens...

fruven

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2015, 10:47:55 PM »
This is a useless waste of time people's time to read of what they posted and server resources, I may say. This is the worst form of negative speech, harsh speech, idle gossip, divisive speech and lying.  They are all untruths, an example which we are not to follow. In fact it even violated server TOC under abuse when you put out these statements.

yontenjamyang

• Email
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2015, 07:09:48 AM »
I am fortunate enough NOT to have known this site and as I understand from everyone here the offensive language that looks like a manual on how to break the refuge vows. For that I rejoice in their closing. I rejoice for them to have one less avenue to generate negative karma. I rejoice that people of the world do not associate Buddhism with negative speech and vulgarities. I rejoice in not having the nam "Kelsang" associated with negativity.

I rejoice!

Dondrup Shugden

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2015, 07:40:15 AM »
When I read this site, KW, I cringe with fear that as so called Buddhists the contributors could use such language which is fill with vulgarity and unnecessary abuse.

As we are different it is possible to have differences in points of view and opinions but to be so rude, it is very sad for the negativities that can be collected by both the owners and contributors.

As Buddhist, let us learn to be accepting as our way of life to create harmony for better space and world to live in.

Rihanna

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2015, 04:51:53 AM »
I am glad KW is shut down! Their baseless comments, vulgar language,  seditious and slanderous remarks is a bad representation of Buddhists. It gives others the impression that this is how Buddhists behave. Shameful.

So for the benefit of any KW who is reading this post, this is to refresh your memory:

Non-virtuous Actions of Speech

1. Lying - Giving someone else a wrong impression about what you have seen, believe, or know; unless it would save someone’s life or prevent real suffering.

2. Slander – Saying things that will divide people.  Bad mouthing someone.  Instead try to bring people together in harmony.

3. Senseless chatter or Idle Talk – Meaningless chatter, criticism, disputes, useless joking, whining, complaining.  Gossip about people, sports or politics.  Try to reduce your senseless chatter and make more room in your life for peace and deep meaningful conversations.

4. Hurtful Speech – Having bad intent; it includes sarcastic “nice” words and swearing.  So don’t say something hurtful to someone’s face, like you are an idiot. The opposite of hurtful speech will instill peace or good feeling into people. Honest and kind speech leads to closeness among people

And BTW, Buddhists lived in harmony for centuries practicing their traditions and respecting each other till this ban came along.