Author Topic: DL joins twitter, shall we join him ??  (Read 6349 times)

vajralight

DL joins twitter, shall we join him ??
« on: February 24, 2010, 09:53:58 PM »
http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/288024

What do you think ?

Opportunity to let our voice be heard ?

Vajra

a friend

Re: DL joins twitter, shall we join him ??
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2010, 02:26:24 AM »
Dear Vajra,

Do you mean "an opportunity to let our voice be heard" ... by him?
This would be an excercise in futility.

By others? Maybe. It all depends on what you do and how you do it.

Lineageholder

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2010, 10:58:00 AM »
No, it's not a proper Twitter page.  It just contains links to articles on his website saying what a wonderful person he is.

DharmaDefender

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2010, 11:23:10 AM »
Dear Vajra,

Do you mean "an opportunity to let our voice be heard" ... by him?
This would be an excercise in futility.

By others? Maybe. It all depends on what you do and how you do it.

If you don't join, you already take the opportunity away from yourself? :)

dsnowlion

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2010, 06:43:40 PM »
Great Idea!I don't see why know.
Not so much to defame the Dalai Lama but rather an opportunity to reach out to thousands following him. This is another channel we could use to discourage the ban by putting up points to ponder and educating people on Dorje Shugden. Then perhaps more will start finding out the truth about Dorje Shugden and that he is a great protector. I'm sure some of these people following him are not Tibetans and necessary Tibetan Buddhist/Buddhist for that matter. 

a friend

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2010, 07:53:28 PM »

dsnowlion: I would love to see your creativity at work. Could you give us an example (that can be for you a rehearsal) of something that you would write in Twitter to "discourage the ban and educating people on Dorje Shugden"?

Losang_Tenpa

• Email
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2010, 08:08:39 PM »
Maybe post links to objective articles about the ban. Even if they get deleted, some people will undoubtedly see the links and hear about the deceit of Mr. Dalai. Many who have never heard of the ban will then be made aware of a situation that Mr. Dalai would rather not have them see.
I do think that it is important though to link to credible news sources, as I am sure many who will follow him on twitter do so because they are already enamored with his showmanship.

dsnowlion

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2010, 07:06:04 AM »

dsnowlion: I would love to see your creativity at work. Could you give us an example (that can be for you a rehearsal) of something that you would write in Twitter to "discourage the ban and educating people on Dorje Shugden"?

Simple. Like what Tenzin Sherab say. It doesn't have to be blatantly spelling out Dorje Shugden's name etc. We can use catchy headlines like : Compassion in action and put a link to it. The link of any website can be shorten at bit.ly So when they click on it it directly goes to the site you desire. Eg. For the title above i've created a link to dorjeshugden.com :) I learnt this from a friend a bit sneaky hu he he.

Gabby Potter

Re:
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2015, 08:10:14 PM »
I think that we can and we should, there's nothing wrong about it. HH the Dalai Lama's religious views may vary from ours, but that doesn't prove that He is not a highly attained being, we still have to show His Holiness respect.

Matibhadra

« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2015, 11:19:37 PM »
HH the Dalai Lama's religious views may vary from ours, but that doesn't prove that He is not a highly attained being, we still have to show His Holiness respect.

According to your logic, the religious views of Boko Haram or Islamic State leaders (those decapitating, burying alive, and crucifying Christian children in Africa and Middle East) may vary from ours, but that doesn't prove that they are not highly attained beings, and we still have to show them respect, right?

Congratulations for your support to terrorism under religious cloak.

fruven

« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2015, 11:27:11 PM »
HH the Dalai Lama's religious views may vary from ours, but that doesn't prove that He is not a highly attained being, we still have to show His Holiness respect.

According to your logic, the religious views of Boko Haram or Islamic State leaders (those decapitating, burying alive, and crucifying Christian children in Africa and Middle East) may vary from ours, but that doesn't prove that they are not highly attained beings, and we still have to show them respect, right?

Congratulations for your support to terrorism under religious cloak.

According to your logic, if you show respects to someone who smokes, and eat meat you support smoking and eating meat?

Matibhadra

« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2015, 11:56:50 PM »
According to your logic, if you show respects to someone who smokes, and eat meat you support smoking and eating meat?

This question implies that you believe that that one should show respect to Islamic State or Boko Haram genocidal leaders. Even call them “Your Holiness”, and “highly attained beings”, as you would with the evil dalai.

fruven

« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2015, 12:19:59 AM »

This question implies that you believe that that one should show respect to Islamic State or Boko Haram genocidal leaders. Even call them “Your Holiness”, and “highly attained beings”, as you would with the evil dalai.

When I show respects to one human, does it imply I support rapists, and criminals because human beings have done this before?

Matibhadra

« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2015, 01:11:01 AM »
When I show respects to one human, does it imply I support rapists, and criminals because human beings have done this before?

In your case, of course it implies, because you call such criminals as the evil dalai “His Holiness” and “highly attained being”, thus supporting their evil deeds, and becoming their accomplice.