Author Topic: Chela' Dalai Lama extends New Year Greetings to 'Guru' Indians  (Read 3137 times)

icy

The Dalai Lama regarded Indians as gurus and expressed his greetings and appreciation during the New Year.  However, the Dalai Lama has not accord similar courtesy to his guru Khabje Trijang Rinpoche.  I find it weird and uncustomary for a spiritual leader of his status to act in this manner.  What do you say friends?

Surat (Gujarat), Jan. 1 (ANI): Exiled Tibetan spiritual leader the Dalai Lama on Thursday extended New Year greetings to everyone.

"As a Buddhist monk, I think, first we have to utilize our daily life, then the new year, new month, new week and new day. I would like to express my greetings," said Dalai Lama.

"I consider you Indians as gurus, we are chelas. So, from a simple chela I would like to express my greetings and appreciations to a guru," he added.

Earlier in the day Prime Minister Narendra Modi has also wish ed citizens of the country on New Year and expressed the hope that the year 2015 brings immense happiness, peace and prosperity in everyone's lives.

The New Year was ushered across the world over with much gusto, with people in India too joining the bandwagon celebrating with fireworks and rejoicing with other fun filled activities. (ANI)

http://www.aninews.in/newsdetail2/story197901/-039-chela-039-dalai-lama-extends-new-year-greetings-to-039-guru-039-indians.html?

icy

Re: Chela' Dalai Lama extends New Year Greetings to 'Guru' Indians
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2015, 12:39:05 PM »
Here is another report on Dalai Lama's stance about his Indian Gurus:

Tibetan spiritual leader and Nobel peace prize winner Dalai Lama, who is on his maiden visit to Gujarat, today said he considers Indians as his "Guru".

"My mind is filled with Nalanda (an ancient Buddhist Monastery) thoughts. That is an ancient Indian institute. So, therefore I consider you Indians as my Guru (mentor) traditionally, historically," the Dalai Lama said before reporters at Surat city airport.

"We are Chelas (disciple or proteges). So as a simple Chela I would like to express my greetings and appreciations to our Guru," he added.

http://www.dnaindia.com/india/report-indians-are-my-mentor-says-dalai-lama-2048655?

dondrup

Re: Chela' Dalai Lama extends New Year Greetings to 'Guru' Indians
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2015, 02:44:27 PM »
I would say it is highly disrespectful of His Holiness Dalai Lama to not show similar if not higher reverance to his guru Kyabje Trijang Rinpoche! How would the Indians think about His Holiness Dalai Lama's sincerity and reverance to them as guru when he does not show the same to his own guru? It is hypocritical!