Author Topic: OUTCRY SIMPLY ON READING THE NAME OF KYABJE PABONGKA RINPOCHE  (Read 13714 times)

a friend

OUTCRY SIMPLY ON READING THE NAME OF KYABJE PABONGKA RINPOCHE
« on: October 12, 2009, 11:54:03 PM »
Report from South India, sent by the Shugden Charitable Society.

Outcry simply on reading the name of Kyabje Pabongkha Rinpoche in Sermay Monastery , South India .

August 13, 2009

Bylakuppe --- Rigchung Degree Ceremony is being conducted in Sera-May Monastery, which is situated in Bylakuppe of South India. Upon students who have studied the Buddhist Text called ‘Perfection of Wisdom’, Rigchung Degree is conferred.

A monk from a monastic section called Gungru Khamtsen was one of students who are celebrating Rigchung Degree. During his ceremony, Geshe Ngawang Yonten, disciplinarian of Sera-May Monastery, read the Refuge Paper (in which a patron writes names of his family and spiritual masters, for blessing of gathering monks.)  In the Refuge Letter was written the names of Kyabje Pabonkha Rinpoche and Drana Rinpoche who are worshipper of the deity Dorje Shugden.

After the ceremony the disciplinarian received phone calls from monks, with complaints against his reading the names of these two Lamas.

Next day in the gathering monks in the assembly hall, the disciplinarian strongly rebuked: “I didn’t get notice while reading the letter. The person who wrote the names has accumulated sin, so too me who read it. Therefore we should purify our sin by offering Katha (Tibetan traditional Scarf) to the protector Thawo. These Lamas did not sign and pledge that they never worship Shugden, and they never share material and religious ties with Shugden followers. They have their own place to request for refugee.”

vajra power

• Email
Re: OUTCRY SIMPLY ON READING THE NAME OF KYABJE PABONGKA RINPOCHE
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2009, 10:11:12 AM »
Also the name of Dungkar monastery located in Darjeeling is not mentioned. Local Tibetans of Darjeeling and its vicinity has shunned the monastery after the ban. This monastery used to lead all the religious function  that takes place in Darjeeling. Now it is deserted. Only few Indian tourist visit during season. The sigh of this deserted monastery makes my heart sadden.
This news that they consider it sin to utter the holy name of Kyabje phabongkha dechen nyingpo makes me wonder who i should consider as sangha! This is height of ignorance or insult. 
It is TIME. No body has monopoly over Tibetan Buddhism or the Tibetan cause. Religion should be personal.

a friend

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2009, 03:49:48 AM »
KDraksar,
Thank you for mentioning the monastery in Darjeeling where the venerable monks still go on with their duties and still receive kids and educate them with great effort.
One could mention also that this monastery is faithful to the Holy Protector and to Kyabje Domo Geshe Rinpoché, who in his previous incarnations proved to be a friend to all beings, of course, but specifically to all Buddhists regardless of the sect. It is said in his biography that he, a Gelugpa, was considered as Guru Rinpoche by the Himalayan people who are mostly Ñingmapas, and this, because he extended his kindness to all.
Such a sad thing to see now that his monks are being shunned by those who respected them, just because the leader commanded them to do it! Tibetans make me cry for them, forced to do things against their own hearts!
But we should not entertain sadness. Let's rejoice that many people are still faithful and many more that seem to have gone to the other side are faithful in their hearts.
And you are right, we might start saying: Now is the time!
The sun of the holy Dharma will shine again in splendor.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2009, 03:51:34 AM by a friend »

a friend

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2009, 04:02:15 AM »
KDraksar,

One little detail I forgot to mention.
I don't think the disciplinarian was referring to Kyabje Pabongka Deche Nyingpo but to his present-day reincarnation who lives in Nepal. This does not diminish the disrespect of course.
The good thing is that Pabongka Rinpoche is doing well as far as I know; he seems to be entirely free of connections with the TGIE; he goes on with his practice and is teaching his disciples. So this is something to be happy about.

vajra power

• Email
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2009, 07:52:14 PM »
And let me remind to all the people who talks about Dorje shugden harming Nyingmapas that in this very monastery there is Huge statue of Guru Rinpoche along with Je Rinpoche , Trichang Rinpoche and Dromo Geshey Rinpoche. check your self:

http://www.wfb-hq.org/Articles%20and%20Analysis0005.html

hope rainbow

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2010, 09:44:43 AM »
Also the name of Dungkar monastery located in Darjeeling is not mentioned. Local Tibetans of Darjeeling and its vicinity has shunned the monastery after the ban. This monastery used to lead all the religious function  that takes place in Darjeeling. Now it is deserted. Only few Indian tourist visit during season. The sigh of this deserted monastery makes my heart sadden.
This news that they consider it sin to utter the holy name of Kyabje phabongkha dechen nyingpo makes me wonder who i should consider as sangha! This is height of ignorance or insult. 
It is TIME. No body has monopoly over Tibetan Buddhism or the Tibetan cause. Religion should be personal.

Your post dates back to a while ago and I have just seen it. I hope you will get my reply though.
I sense a great sadness in your post, and I feel for you.
My plea to you is not to allow this sadness to turn into disappointment.
As a buddhist practitioners I have been urged always to look at a “bigger context”, and when I get a simple understanding of this “bigger context”, I am urged again to look at an “even bigger context”.

Likewise, to look at the big picture will lessen your sadness, there is much to rejoyce about.
The work of HHTDL and DS, what they are doing together to spread the Dharma is extra-ordinary.

The “tapestry” into which the Buddhas are working for our sake is so difficult to grasp with my deluded mind trying to “make sense” of it, there is where faith in our Teacher and in their lineage is essential.
And our Teacher is our connection with the lineage.

I have witnessed how young foreign children develop great faith in HHTDL without having met him, without knowing much about buddhisme, not to mention DS, simply by seeing the image of HH in a magazine or on TV.
Only an attained Teacher can have such powerful effect.

This is not a time for us to loose faith in our Teachers, this is a time to renew faith, this is a time for a buddhist renaissance, and it is up to us to make it stronger by participating of it with a mind of Dharma.

I have faith in HHTDL and I am a Shugdenpa.
I feel great sadness for those who are lost and hurt in the midst of this “controversy”, yet, I remain steadfast in my faith because I believe in the “bigger context”.

shugdenprotect

• Email
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2010, 10:01:14 AM »
Dear Hope Rainbow, thank you for your message. It is inspiring and does give hope to such a dull and awfully sad picture.

It is unimaginable how Dharma practitioners could turn on our “fathers” who dedicated their lives to ensure that we get the opportunity to meet the complete and pure Dharma. However, similar to another thread: Lama Yeshe and Dorje Shugden, if we take a step back and look at the bigger (if not biggest) picture, we may find the strength and courage to see the silver lining in this cloud.

I believe in the power of the Dharma and the wisdom of the Buddhas to find ways for us to accumulate enough merits to keep the Dharma with us. The most immediate “tool” available is the Sangha community who upholds and imparts the Dharma during these degenerate times. Therefore, it is necessary for us to respect the Sangha as, with our low minds, they are our only direct connection to the Dharma and our salvation from samsara.

honeydakini

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2010, 04:09:20 AM »
How saddening to hear about Dungkar Monastery.

All the more sad because this is precisely the place that the dalai lama went to in his youngers days, and where he was so inspired that he wrote a praise to Dorje Shugden! Dungkar Monastery is even mentioned and featured in the movie Kundun, about DL’s life!

I actually love this prayer very much because of the way it expounds so beautifully on the qualities of both Dorje Shugden and the practitioners who are devoted to him: “the saffron clad community of Dorje Shugden”.

I shall post this prayer up on another thread so all can share.

honeydakini

« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2010, 04:14:16 AM »

HERE IT IS!

http://www.dorjeshugden.com/forum/index.php?topic=865.0

jessicajameson

• Email
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2010, 09:35:25 AM »
How saddening to hear about Dungkar Monastery.

All the more sad because this is precisely the place that the dalai lama went to in his youngers days, and where he was so inspired that he wrote a praise to Dorje Shugden! Dungkar Monastery is even mentioned and featured in the movie Kundun, about DL’s life!

I actually love this prayer very much because of the way it expounds so beautifully on the qualities of both Dorje Shugden and the practitioners who are devoted to him: “the saffron clad community of Dorje Shugden”.

Wow, for someone like me who hasn't heard about Dungkar Monastery, I feel quite appalled that the lineage gurus of those monks can be so easily denounced. It feels like complete betrayal, and them being terribly ungrateful.

I tried googling for Dungkar Monastery (background), but I can't find any substantial information on it.

@Honeydakini Where does it say that HHDL went there in his younger days?

@kdraksar How do you know that it's deserted? You went there yourself?