Author Topic: Western DS practitioners initiate healing within the Sangha  (Read 3104 times)

vajratruth

• Global Moderator
Western DS practitioners initiate healing within the Sangha
« on: October 18, 2014, 04:55:04 PM »
This is a tremendously compassionate move by Kadampa Ryan who has offered his hand in peace to enemies of Shugden practitioners. Will they place schismatic politics above the Dharma, or will true Buddhists come together to repair the damage caused by the CTA's religious ban?

Petitioning Dorje Shugden Practitioners and Dalai Lama Supporters
Open invitation to reaffirm the Dharma

Kadampa Ryan 
Petition by
Kadampa Ryan
Guangzhou, China

The only way to heal the schism in the Sangha

This is an open invitation to all practitioners of the Dharma, regardless of whether you rely on Dorje Shugden or not.  Please sign and share if you agree.

In the Lamrim teachings, it is explained that one of the endowments of our precious human life is our not having committed any of the five heinous actions of immediate retribution, one of which is causing a division within the Sangha. Unfortunately, such a division has been created over the practice of Dorje Shugden. 

The question each one of us faces – Dorje Shugden practitioner and critic alike – is whether we are acting to heal that division or make it worse?  The karmic stakes of our choice could not be more serious.  It is said if we create a division in the Sangha it is very difficult to gain realizations and when we die we go straight to hell. When that hellish life comes to an end we continue to experience the heavy results of our action as mental obstructions to our Dharma practice.  And logically, if we strive to heal the divisions the positive karmic effects will be the opposite.  Our signing this open invitation is our way of seeking to heal the divisions.

The only way – the only way – to heal the division in the Sangha is for all concerned to sincerely and honestly put into practice the Dharma they have been taught.  Practitioners on both sides of this dispute have each taken refuge, pratimoksha and bodhisattva vows, ironically the same vows and commitments.  We all hold dear the teachings of Lamrim and Lojong, and of the ancient Kadampa masters of Atisha and Je Tsongkhapa.  If both sides sincerely put into practice the common Dharma we have been taught, we will collectively eventually heal this unnecessary schism in the Sangha.  We may practice differently, but we are all part of the same larger spiritual family, we are all spiritual brothers and sisters.  Our task is to love and cherish all beings without exception, even those who practice differently than we do.

Read thepetition here:

https://www.change.org/p/dorje-shugden-practitioners-and-dalai-lama-supporters-open-invitation-to-reaffirm-the-dharma
http://
« Last Edit: October 18, 2014, 05:01:16 PM by vajratruth »

Blueupali

• Email
Re: Western DS practitioners initiate healing within the Sangha
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2014, 05:43:02 PM »
Sorry Vajratruth,
  I think the language in this thing is still framing the debate for the Dalai school.  There is no schism that Dorje Shugden caused.
  And I already have vows, so affirming this with Kadampa Ryan--- don't think so okay.  Right now I am not trusting the management in the NKT to not be trying to force yet another schism within the school-- so I am really dubious about anything they come up with concerning the DL.... like how can we get the NKT people to sit down and shut up while DL types take over the school?  Oh I know let's sign something that people can use to help shut us up again--- in our own school.  Nope, not signing.  Already have vows with Buddha to help all living beings, so I don't want to sign anything with this Ryan dude....

Blueupali

• Email
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2014, 05:26:10 AM »
It looks like the author took it down.  I am really confused by who is Kadampa Ryan....?

vajratruth

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2014, 11:13:45 AM »
Blueupali,  looks like it.