Author Topic: 'Damaging' Article on WSS  (Read 9689 times)

LosangKhyentse

• WORLD PEACE PROTECTOR DORJE SHUGDEN
'Damaging' Article on WSS
« on: September 27, 2009, 09:59:56 PM »

Do click before to see a 'damaging' write up re: WSS. It sounds 'convincing' to the casual reader. But When you think deeper into the article, much debate would follow as the writer uses examples all Geshes, Rinpoches and teachers do at their individual centres. No centre is really trully democratic and for good reason. Even H.H. the  Dalai Lama himself finds it difficult to be all around democratic.

http://info-buddhism.com/Western_Shugden_Society_unlocked.html

a friend

Re: 'Damaging' Article on WSS
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2009, 03:45:06 AM »
The guy who publishes this has adopted the defense of the DL as his profession. If I remember correctly from last year's battles, he used to be a NKT person who found it more productive for himself to become a monk with the DL and of course, having abandoned his own Teacher, now he needs to find a justification for his actions. He has the faith and extreme reactions of the neophyte. I remember he would scavenge the internet looking for us, for our justified interventions in the world press to defend the monks that were in dire situation last year, and he would go and write behind us to give us a bad reputation, which obviously he continues to do.
No biggie. I don't think he is very effective.
Don Quixote said: "They bark, Sancho. We ride on."

LosangKhyentse

• WORLD PEACE PROTECTOR DORJE SHUGDEN
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2009, 05:34:36 PM »

He abandoned his teacher?? Well that does say it all doesn't it?

How sad and flippant. Spiritual practice is not like seasonal fashion trend. And we don't switch our teachers like changing to the latest 'hot' designer of the year.

yedi

• Email
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2009, 07:24:38 PM »

He abandoned his teacher?? Well that does say it all doesn't it?

How sad and flippant. Spiritual practice is not like seasonal fashion trend. And we don't switch our teachers like changing to the latest 'hot' designer of the year.

Actually he's a very poor guy grown up in an orphant house and probably his main troubles just arose from projecting his very personal childhood problems on his first teacher. I suppose he had been better advised to do a good therapy instead of terrorizing the whole Tibetan Buddhist scene with his psycho problems. I met him one time in my Nyingma Sangha where he had gnashingly to accept when he saw Rinpoche sending me around with the scull cup - obviously without any problems for my Dorje Shugden background. All his present Gurus as to mention Ringu Tulku, Dagyab Rinpoche and others advised him very clearly to stop slandering on his previous teachers but he doesn't listen to them. When he was offered to do a proper monastic education in India by one of his masters he rejected it as it is more comfortable for him to spend his time in denigrating others on the cost of some naive donators. Just recently I heard from a friend that he believes our monastery doing Pujas against him. But I fear I am the only one who even knows him from our monastery and I have definitely better things to do let alone that we do usually pujas for persons and not against. I could gossip a little more about him but I don't want to grab too deeply into the dirt box, it's too disgusting and he's really a very, very poor guy  :-X

Freddy

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2009, 10:31:46 AM »
He wasn't only a NKT member. After that he received getshul-ordination from HH Kyabje Dagom Rinpoche himself. Later he then started slandering on his own Gurus, gave up his dharmapala and was elevated by DL to gelong.

yedi

• Email
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2009, 11:22:49 AM »
He wasn't only a NKT member. After that he received getshul-ordination from HH Kyabje Dagom Rinpoche himself. Later he then started slandering on his own Gurus, gave up his dharmapala and was elevated by DL to gelong.

Yes, but the funnny thing is that he's rather crusading against the NKT than Dorje Shugden. Because of his polemic activities in the internet many people even don't know that NKT is just a little part among many other Dorje Shugden practitioners with very different backgrounds. In the mentioned article above you can find his usual tenor as always: Dorje Shugden = NKT = sectarian because of some sectarian structure he claims to recognize within the NKT. If Dorje Shugden wouldn't be the Dharmapala of NKT, I think he had to find some other scapegoat for his personal campaign of vengeance.   

arishugdenpa

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2009, 03:38:32 PM »
I have been a Shugden practitioner for many years. As it is with countless practitioners, I have never had any connection with NKT. My own Lama told me to avoid the political fray but mostly to avoid any teacher who engaged in public exploitation of the politics of this situation. So, I am no "fan" of NKT or their tactics. Everyone involved in this exploitation of the Protector including the "monk" who is carrying out this vendetta against NKT has a dark & murky sea of karma in which to swim. I'm with tk on this one: He abandoned his teacher? That says it all. My Lama's advice: "Run!  Run away from these people. Do your practice! Keep faith! Keep your mouth shut!

yedi

• Email
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2009, 06:44:49 PM »
...My Lama's advice: "Run!  Run away from these people. Do your practice! Keep faith! Keep your mouth shut!

Many of the masters I know say so. I remember a late Nyingma Lama who threatend one time during a puja to kick out everybody who's just mentioning this topic. From karmical view he was absolutely right: given that creating a schism in the Sangha is one of the five fatal crimes beside killing one's mother, killing one's father, killing an arhat and sheding the blood of a Buddha one can't be really cautious enough.
Since I am in both parts of the sangha I can't always run away but I found it interesting for my own practice to deal with such people in a patient way. People who are so great and horrible in internet can be so amazing unimposing if one meets them in rl.
If somebody wants to quarrel with me about this topic I have a strong argument against: I just remember him to the words of HHDL not to talk to Dorje Shugden practitioners ;D

emptymountains

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2009, 11:21:00 PM »
I just remember him to the words of HHDL not to talk to Dorje Shugden practitioners

Ditto!  ;D

a friend

« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2009, 03:52:44 AM »
I just remember him to the words of HHDL not to talk to Dorje Shugden practitioners

:D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :D