Author Topic: Geshe Yeshe Wangchuk and His Heart Disciple, Trichen Lama  (Read 5710 times)

jagger

• For the love of Shugden
Geshe Yeshe Wangchuk and His Heart Disciple, Trichen Lama
« on: August 09, 2014, 06:38:19 AM »
For the sacred Dharma to go on into many generations, lineage holders such as Geshe Yeshe Wangchuk holds heavy responsibilities to ensure the Dharma goes on even after his earthly body expires. Being physically in China, Geshela works double hard to ensure the sacred Dharma teachings of Lama Tsongkhapa is preserved into future generations with the help of his devoted student Lama Trichen. I rejoice in Geshela's works and long vision for the teachings and sentient beings!

http://www.dorjeshugden.com/all-articles/features/geshe-yeshe-wangchuk-and-his-heart-disciple-trichen-lama/
Jaggerboy

Rowntree

Re: Geshe Yeshe Wangchuk and His Heart Disciple, Trichen Lama
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2014, 07:03:18 AM »
We are forever grateful for for all the previous and present Shugden lamas for practising and preserving the sacred teachings and lineage of Lama Tsongkhapa. Without them, we'll not have the rare opportunities to meet the lineage and to learn from it. Highly attained beings like Geshe Yeshe Wangchuk are compassionate and will go through all odds to make sure the lineage is alive. The lineage and the teachings are what will finally bring us to enlightenment. Just like Lama Tsongkhapa, Geshe Yeshe Wangchuk also transmigrated the lineage teachings that he has learned, practised and attained to his heart son, so to make sure that they'll continue to remain to benefit others. I'm sad that Geshe Yeshe Wangchuk is no longer with us but grateful that Trichen Lama is alive spreading the teachings on his behalf! Emaho!

Dolce Vita

• Email
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2014, 07:15:18 AM »
There are many high masters in Tibet that we do now know of because of how isolated some monasteries are, besides many of them are not exposed to internet. Therefore, many of their teachings and presence are not known. I have heard many masters who are like Geshe Yeshe Wangchuk choose to remain in Tibet during after cultural revolution because they want to uphold the lineage. They have had tough time but it didn't scare them. Gelug lineage is growing fast and strong in China and Tibet now because of all these high lamas. Dalai Lama is not the only high lama in the world, Lama like Geshe Yeshe Wangchuk did not have big title like Dalai Lama but he has brought a lot of benefits to many people.

Lama Geshe Yeshe Wangchuk was highly attained because he forsaw the accident and died in meditation. When we look for a teacher, we do not have to look for one with a title, what is important is whether that teacher walks the talk.

I rejoice that Trichen Lama is also following the footstep of his guru to continue to uphold and spread Lama Tsongkhapa's teachings.

Gypsy

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2014, 07:22:55 AM »
The story above portrays the importance of a healthy Guru-disciple relationship. When the Guru passes on, disciples take on the responsibility to spread the Dharma teachings and ensure the pure lineage is preserved. When we talk about Guru devotion, we have to sacrifice, submit and do things for our Guru that we normally would not do, then from there, we surrender to our egos and bad habituation, we collect merits. We do not overdependent on others on our spiritual path. Maintaining the positive energy and motivation in our spiritual path often seem like a challenge because our understanding of Dharma and the working of Karma is not deep enough.

The Connections Sutra clearly indicated this fact: " Buddhas connote wash away others' negative potentials, nor remove their suffering like one would pull out a thorn from a foot. They cannot transfer their realizations to anyone. They can only indicate they way by teaching about reality."

The strong guru devotion must have deep-rooted in  Trichen Lama that his current work is continuously benefiting others in many ways, as a heart disciple of great Geshe Yeshe Wangchuk, the fearless Lobsang Drakpa's lineage holder.

rossoneri

• Email
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2014, 07:25:29 AM »
We are forever grateful for for all the previous and present Shugden lamas for practising and preserving the sacred teachings and lineage of Lama Tsongkhapa. Without them, we'll not have the rare opportunities to meet the lineage and to learn from it. Highly attained beings like Geshe Yeshe Wangchuk are compassionate and will go through all odds to make sure the lineage is alive. The lineage and the teachings are what will finally bring us to enlightenment. Just like Lama Tsongkhapa, Geshe Yeshe Wangchuk also transmigrated the lineage teachings that he has learned, practised and attained to his heart son, so to make sure that they'll continue to remain to benefit others. I'm sad that Geshe Yeshe Wangchuk is no longer with us but grateful that Trichen Lama is alive spreading the teachings on his behalf! Emaho!

Yes Rowntree, I agree with you. It is sad to know that such an accomplished High Lama had to go through so much during his time in the prison and yet he did not even give up on his dedication and his belief of His Guru and the protector Dorje Shugden. This is something we all should follow and get inspire from. For the fact that he asked his usual entourage not to follow him on that day of the accident means Geshe Wangchuk must had predicted the accident and yet he still chose to make the journey, this is telling us Geshe Wangchuk is so compassionate to even sacrifice his own life maybe for the better course of Dorje Shugden and all his practitioners in the future.

bambi

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2014, 07:26:07 AM »
Its amazing how Geshe Yeshe foresee what is to come and took on the 'challenge' by himself. I had goose bumps when I read that He climbed out of the wreckage and went into tugdam. And for 8 days!!
And not only that, He also passed on teachings of sutra and tantra of the Ganden tradition so that it will continue to be preserved for the generations to come. I rejoice that both Geshe Yeshe and Trichen Lama never gave up and continuing this legacy.
Geshe Yeshe persevered even though He had to suffer physically and just waited for the time to be 'right' to continue passing on the lineage.

One thing though, I wonder what happened to the driver. Did the authorities let him off the hook?

Aurore

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2014, 07:36:21 AM »
Although these great lamas displayed kind and peaceful demeanour, there were stories of struggles behind every lamas who worked so hard to preserve the buddha dharma.

Reading this article and other articles of Geshe Yeshe Wangchuk's sufferings upon imprisonment by the Chinese authorities makes me realise how much great lamas and teachers held on to their practices, perseverance against hardship and determination not to fail with the sole purpose of keeping the methods to enlightenment alive so that we can also receive this method to eliminate our own sufferings. Their actions have indirectly benefitted many beings and especially practitioners. Whether knowingly or unknowingly, we should be grateful especially if we have received some form of teachings from a teacher who was taught was another teacher and so on.

Aurore

« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2014, 07:42:28 AM »
Whether or not the authorities let him off the hook, he cannot escape his karma from such negative action. I understand and learnt that doing the practice of Karma Shugden (Trakze) which is the wrathful form of DS is able to purify one who have broken the five percepts. Turning to DS may be his salvation. Unfortunately not if he's a CTA member!

One thing though, I wonder what happened to the driver. Did the authorities let him off the hook?

bambi

« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2014, 08:50:34 AM »
There are many high masters in Tibet that we do now know of because of how isolated some monasteries are, besides many of them are not exposed to internet. Therefore, many of their teachings and presence are not known. I have heard many masters who are like Geshe Yeshe Wangchuk choose to remain in Tibet during after cultural revolution because they want to uphold the lineage. They have had tough time but it didn't scare them. Gelug lineage is growing fast and strong in China and Tibet now because of all these high lamas. Dalai Lama is not the only high lama in the world, Lama like Geshe Yeshe Wangchuk did not have big title like Dalai Lama but he has brought a lot of benefits to many people.

I agree with you DV. I am sure that there are many great masters out there in Tibet which lack exposure.
And only a handful of lamas that stayed back in Tibet when China occupied. This shows that the Ganden lineage continued to grow because of their faith in protector Dorje Shugden.
And Geshe Yeshe continued to study to get His Geshe Lharampa and teach all over the few countries mentioned below. His perseverance is truly admirable. I do hope that He will continue to return and turn the wheel of Dharma where it is needed most.

http://www.dorjeshugden.com/all-articles/news/geshe-yeshe-wangchuks-car-accident/
"When China lifted travel restrictions on Tibetans, Geshe Wangchuk traveled all over China, India and Japan to teach. This allowed him to be the spiritual guide of many Tibetans in India including the current Kyabje Trijang Rinpoche and Kyabje Zong Rinpoche."

Galen

• Email
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2014, 10:02:51 AM »
his is such a nice tribute to Geshela. This story warms the heart and also shows that attained masters have clairvoyance. Even though he knows his life is in danger, he still went on the journey because the goal is more important than his life. The goal of spreading the Dharma and the continuation of the Ganden tradition, both sutra and tantra. Even though he knew that staying on in Tibet after the invasion of the Chinese would be a threat to his life, the stayed on to endure the suffering.

Great to hear that Trichen Lama has continued on Geshela’s legacy of turning the Dharma wheel.

DharmaSpace

« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2014, 03:07:17 PM »
Reading about Geshe Wangchuk it is clear that he was in full control of the events just before his demise. He knew
that his death was approaching and hence asked his attendants not to accompany him. Geshe Wangchuk was protecting his students on purpose.

grandmapele

« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2014, 06:46:03 AM »
Geshe Yesha  Wangchuk show what it is to really give his live to dharma. To willingly accept his karma and not involve anyone else, going into the car to go over the cliff. What he shows, by being able to climb put of the wreckage before entering clear light, is that he is highly attained.

For his heart disciple, Trichen Lama, to continue his work to benefit others shows tremendous Guru Devotion. May it that more emulate their examples.