Author Topic: WHO MADE LAMA ZOPA A RINPOCHE?  (Read 207953 times)

DSFriend

Re: WHO MADE LAMA ZOPA A RINPOCHE?
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2010, 05:53:57 PM »
I love how students expresses Guru Devotion. Where will we be without a Guru? I do feel for FTMP and where it's heading even with Lama Zopa still at the reign. Please do not build centres for the sake of building. It will only fuse our and inflate our egos. I love reading stories of how Lama Yeshe and Lama Zopa took Dharma to the west..there were so much love, genuine care...literally bringing Diamonds to their new friends. Let's have some gratitude and make the right motivation that what our Gurus have intended will quickly manifest. Thank you all for the postings in here. It is very inspiring.

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2010, 08:19:07 AM »
Dear Dorje Shugden practitioners,

Join me and sign this petition:
http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/allegiance-to-holy-dorje-shugden

Let's see how many names we can gather. Please send to your friends too!

Best wishes,
Kate

Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

DSFriend

« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2010, 06:08:19 PM »
I love how students expresses Guru Devotion. Where will we be without a Guru? I do feel for FTMP and where it's heading even with Lama Zopa still at the reign. Please do not build centres for the sake of building. It will only fuse our and inflate our egos. I love reading stories of how Lama Yeshe and Lama Zopa took Dharma to the west..there were so much love, genuine care...literally bringing Diamonds to their new friends. Let's have some gratitude and make the right motivation that what our Gurus have intended will quickly manifest. Thank you all for the postings in here. It is very inspiring.

Big Uncle

« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2010, 06:30:02 PM »
We know for a fact that Lama Yeshe practices Dorje Shugden when he was alive and we even have photos of the very statue that he did his pujas and prayers. From the sounds of Lama Yeshe's advice, he seemed to think that Dorje Shugden might be a Manjushri emanation. Now, with this interesting info, I am not surprised that Dorje Shugden discovered him. Now, it makes me think if so many Lamas propitiated him before, what so bad about Dorje Shugden? If I had a Lama and he asked me to practice, I would be glad to because he sounds beneficial especially with the info promoted on this website.  8)

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2010, 09:32:21 AM »
Re FPMT centres throughout the world, i heard somewhere that they are slowing down and there are issues at the centres. Also that Lama Osel, the recognised reincarnation of Lama Yeshe who is a spanish boy, is not involved in Dharma at all. And that all this is because FPMT condemned the practice of Dorje Shugden. Can anyone confirm this story?  ???

Thanks,
Kate
Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

thor

« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2010, 04:49:58 PM »
Lama Osel's story is well known (http://www.magazinebabylon.com/BabylonMagazine5.pdf)

What FPMT has done is horrible and has created the causes for their teachers not to return... Best to make amends while their reincarnated teacher is still alive

harrynephew

• Love Shugden, Love all Lamas, Heal the World!
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2010, 03:27:14 PM »
I think it is sad that enlightened protectors such as holy DS takes the extra mile to help such an esteeemed lama but in return malice and hatred towards a kind action is given.

I was just thinking to myself, as it is FPMT is such a great organization. If they were to just mend their Samaya and reestablish their initial bonds. Wouldn't FPMT roar to be a true Preservator of the Sacred Mahayana teachings of Lord Buddha????!!!!

I think it will be global-blowing!

*goosebumps*
HN
Harry Nephew

Love Shugden, Love all Lamas, Heal the World!

DSFriend

« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2010, 05:15:09 PM »
Just sharing some news from a friend who is from Villena, Spain. Her grandma and Lama Osel's Grandma are cousin sisters. Anyway, the community there is rather small and news spread pretty easily as I was told.

The right wing papers wrote strongly about how Lama Osel said that his childhood was taken away from him, and he left the monastery because he was unhappy that he couldn't play soccer and have women. Also, it wrote in such a way to put down Buddhism that it's not a real religion and that only Catholism is real. They also wrote how could Lama's mother let him be taken to the monastery and how come she knew all these Buddhist people. They also wrote in such a way to paint a picture that Lama denounce Buddhism. People also talk bad about Buddhism after reading all the news ..like it's good that Lama is not in Buddhism, after all Buddhism is like "comic/cartoon" (their way of saying Buddhism is a joke/not real) My apologies that I am not able to quote directly nor produce the actual news articles.

The left wing paper wrote that Lama Osel said that his childhood was taken away but the paper wasn't written in a biased way towards putting down Buddhism.

She said her relatives and community friends cannot understand why Lama is not in his Lama role. There was no mention of Dorje Shugden issue. She mentioned that people there are embracing Buddhism more and more. From what I gathered, she really didn't know anything about FPMT and definately not Dorje Shugden but is interested in learning Buddhism.

I pray that FPMT will stop their witch hunt and not miss out such a great opportunity to serve Lama Osel. May Lama Osel's compassionate activities manifest (I do believe it will) with or without FPMT.

« Last Edit: February 22, 2010, 05:19:01 PM by DSFriend »

Big Uncle

« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2010, 08:43:46 PM »
I believe that Lama Yeshe practice Dorje Shugden and spread it to his students and I am sure Lama Zopa also practise this protector. Hence, when his students broke away and decided not to practice, they broke their samaya. Hence, with broken Samaya, Lama Yeshe or Lama Osel in his current incarnation is unable to manifest his role as a Lama. However things may change in the future, we never know. I believe Lama Osel would even manifest something as he is not an ordinary Lama.

thor

« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2010, 12:12:38 AM »
I believe that Lama Yeshe practice Dorje Shugden and spread it to his students and I am sure Lama Zopa also practise this protector. Hence, when his students broke away and decided not to practice, they broke their samaya. Hence, with broken Samaya, Lama Yeshe or Lama Osel in his current incarnation is unable to manifest his role as a Lama. However things may change in the future, we never know. I believe Lama Osel would even manifest something as he is not an ordinary Lama.

Lama Yeshe definitely practised Dorje Shugden. It is his personal statue of Dorje Shugden that is on the front of this website (dark red, colourful) and used to be in Kopan monastery. Even Lama Zopa practices Dorje Shugden, perhaps even to this day. However, after Lama Yeshe entered clear light, his students decided to break their commitments to him and gave the statue away to Gangchen Ladrang in Kathmandu, where it remains till today.

No wonder Lama Osel doesnt return to his role as a teacher for FPMT. His students don't have the karma.

DSFriend

« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2010, 02:33:31 PM »
Dear Ronald,

5. My point is simple. FPMT as well as many other centres, lamas, organizations in the world has practiced Dorje Shugden peacefully and without incidence for a long time. In some cases, centuries. What is the big furor now. Suddenly HH Dalai Lama is right and all other lamas are wrong?? Cannot be. If so, then HH the Dalai Lama can be wrong also. In the unfortunate time in the future, when HH passes away, what will stop ppl from saying his ban on Dorje Shugden was wrong?? In fact what is to stop people from saying it now. Since our gurus can be wrong, the whole basis of Guru devotional practices is severely disrupted. This is not a Gelugpa issue, but a issue of freedom to practice whatever lineage we wish free of any lamas condemnations. If one lama can condemn, then all can be condemned. Then who is right and who is wrong?? I dont want to go that direction.

Dear Mountains,
I enjoyed and learned very much from this posting. I especially like what you said "if one lama can condemn, then all can be condemned. Then who is right and who is wrong?? I dont want to go that direction."

I remember my Guru said very clearly, to not allow ourselves room to deviate from our practice. Something as small and seemingly insignificant may one day become very detrimental.

jampa

« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2010, 02:36:52 AM »
Now I realize, no wonder why Lama Osel (reincarnated) gave up study and continue the precious lineage. Thats why Buddha had taught us the cause and effect.

LosangKhyentse

• WORLD PEACE PROTECTOR DORJE SHUGDEN
« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2010, 09:35:45 AM »

Dear Jampa,

This is EXACTLY what I believe also. The schisms created within the FPMT organization has damaged the works of Lama Osel. He is definitely the correct incarnation of Lama Yeshe. Causes does bear effects.

They may look good by giving up Dorje Shugden with the Dalai lama's Tibetan Govt in exile, but it will not mend the samaya broken with Lama Yeshe and his protector.

FPMT will find it difficult to survive in the future after Lama Zopa.

TK

thor

« Reply #28 on: March 01, 2010, 12:17:08 PM »
This gets confusing the more I think about it. FPMT have given up Dorje Shugden, but they are also under the guidance of Lama Zopa.

In the FPMT website, Lama Zopa says
"Kopan Monastery had been performing the Dorje Shugden practice from the beginning, as this was Lama Yeshe’s main protector, on whom he relied whenever he needed help for anything. But since His Holiness the Dalai Lama is the one who holds, preserves, and spreads the entire Buddhist Dharma—both the lesser vehicle and the Mahayana, Paramitayana, and Secret Mantra Vajrayana—without the existence of His Holiness, not only Tibetan Mahayana Buddhism but Buddhism in general would suffer in the world. It would be similar to when children are left behind when their parents die. It would be like that.....

....Therefore, it becomes very important to support His Holiness and to fulfill His Holiness’ wishes. For that reason, Kopan Monastery stopped doing this practice. This was done for His Holiness. This does not mean that Pabongka Dechen Nyingpo, His Holiness Trijang Rinpoche, and His Holiness Song Rinpoche have made mistakes. It does not mean they are wrong. Nor does one have to look at the protector as evil. For us ordinary people it is difficult to judge, because we cannot see these lamas ’ minds."

Yet, on the same page:
"Once you have made a Dharma connection with the virtuous friend, your guru, you cannot give up this relationship unless the guru himself or herself says, “Don’t come,” or “Don’t regard me as your guru.” By giving up Geshe Kelsang Gyatso, you have created heavy negative karma in this life. Since you haven’t given me up, I suggest that you confess to Geshe Kelsang Gyatso about what happened, and devote yourself again to this virtuous friend."

Lama Zopa encourages FPMT to follow the Dalai Lama's wishes, which is to give up the practice. But in the 2nd part, he also advises one of his students to "devote himself to Geshe Kelsang Gyatso". How else can the student do that without picking up the practice of Dorje Shugden again? And if he does so, he is going against the 1st part of Lama Zopa's advice. Feels like a no-win situation, either way it is disobeying one of your gurus.

And by making such pronouncements, Lama Zopa is encouraging FPMT to break their samaya with Lama Yeshe and the protector while the 2nd part seems to hint at keeping a secret connection to Dorje Shugden (or is it just wishful thinking!)

LosangKhyentse

• WORLD PEACE PROTECTOR DORJE SHUGDEN
« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2010, 12:43:32 PM »
Dear Duldzin,

Excellent observation. Lama Zopa has been brow-beaten into 'giving up' Dorje Shugden. Unfortunately, FPMT will have more difficulties in the future as they are having now in kopan as I type.

TK