Author Topic: Do you think the Dalai Lama's ban is an act of a Mahasiddha?  (Read 55815 times)

Atishas cook

Re: Do you think the Dalai Lama's ban is an act of a Mahasiddha?
« Reply #30 on: June 22, 2014, 12:42:25 AM »
i've not been to this forum for years.  i stopped posting because i was so exasperated by this idiotic big picture idea.  i thought you'd actually started to drop this lunacy and get fully behind ISC's efforts to lift the ban, but this is thefirst thread i have looked at since coming back and i see you haven't moved on at all.  bravo.

don't give me any bull about conventional appearance and China and we can't see who's enlightened.  i can't see who's enlightened but i CAN see who is the worst dictator in the modern world according to his actions and i haven't time to indulge in this Stockholm syndrome mutual rationalisation.

WAKE UP.  GET OUT THERE AND PROTEST.  ffs - what do you think Dorje Shugden would do if he were incarnate?

Matibhadra

« Reply #31 on: June 22, 2014, 08:25:06 AM »
I sure would not want to create more bad karma for myself by disparaging a sangha member, I have plenty to deal with.

What about the bad karma of promoting a criminal as a ”sangha member”?

After all, he wears the maroon robes

The cowl does not make the monk. Just because the criminal wear maroon robes does not mean that he is Buddhist, let alone a monk. The evil entity is nothing but a barbaric terrorist.

and holds his vows

Which vows? The root bodhisattva downfall of not creating schism within the Sangha? Or the tantric vow of not scorning and deriding his own vajra master? Or the pratimoksha vow of not kiling, which the evil terrorist does when he praises self-immolations?

I don't.

I agree. A good way to start holding your vows is abandoning devotion to a terrorist and looking for a Buddhist guru.

Matibhadra

« Reply #32 on: June 22, 2014, 08:49:12 AM »
I think if we view the DL as a Mahasiddha that is manifesting a a bigger picture, which we yet could perceive, then, we just play our part to assist in this mega movie of the ban of Dorje Shugden  8)

Like the idiot king without clothes playing the ”bigger picture” of a clothed wise king, an everybody saying that ”yes, he is not naked, he is a mahasiddha” out of concern for their own reputation.

And, in the same way that the the idiot naked king was manipulated by his clever tailors, the evil puppet named ”dalai” receives his monthly allowances from, and allow himself to be manipulated by, the Jewish financial terrorist George Soros.

Matibhadra

« Reply #33 on: June 22, 2014, 08:52:58 AM »
I have no doubt that Dalai Lama, is a Mahasiddha... a great, spiritual master.

While this statement says nothing about the evil terrorist, its says a lot about you, who take a depraved terrorist as a ”spiritual master”.

Lineageholder

« Reply #34 on: June 22, 2014, 04:18:23 PM »
Here's an interesting description of a Mahasiddha...

Mahasiddha (mah?siddha, from maha meaning "great" and siddha meaning "adept"; Tibetan Wylie: grub thob chen po or Wylie: tul shug) is a term for someone who embodies and cultivates the "siddhi of perfection". They are a certain type of yogin/yogini recognized in Vajrayana Buddhism. Mahasiddhas were tantric practitioners, or tantrikas, who had sufficient empowerments and teachings to act as a guru or tantric master. A siddha is an individual who, through the practice of sadhana, attains the realization of siddhis, psychic and spiritual abilities and powers. Their historical influence throughout the Indic and Himalayan region was vast, and they reached mythic proportions as codified in their songs of realization and hagiographies, or namthar, many of which have been preserved in the Tibetan Buddhist canon. The Mahasiddhas are the founders of Vajrayana traditions and lineages, such as Dzogchen and Mahamudra. The mahasiddha tradition may be conceived and considered as a cohesive body due to their spiritual style, sahaja; which was distinctively non-sectarian, non-elitist, non-dual, non-elaborate, non-sexist, non-institutional, unconventional, unorthodox and non-renunciate.

Based on this explanation, could the Dalai Lama be using Mahasidddha-like intention by instituting this ban? This is considering that the Dalai Lama does not really stand to gain in any way. He literally put his reputation at stake here...
Just food for thought...

So the logic goes "if someone is acting crazy and destroying Buddhism through lies, hypocrisy and politics, that person must be a maha siddha"

I don't follow your logic!

Furthermore, how can (according to the description) a mahasiddha be a non-renunciate? This is ridiculuous! Renunciation is the basis for all spiritual realisations that lead to liberation and enlightenment. Where is the definition from?

It may be food for thought but I think it's more like poison for thought. It kills your investigative faculties and induces blind faith that then enables you to be exploited by anyone (especially religious dictators like the false Dalai Lama ;)).

Lineageholder

« Reply #35 on: June 22, 2014, 04:32:36 PM »

I have no doubt that Dalai Lama, is a Mahasiddha... a great, spiritual master.

Oh please....where is your evidence? I have no doubt the cows are green and live on the moon but am I right?

If the false Dalai Lama is a great mahasiddha then we should follow his holy example of defaming and abandoning our teachers, wearing a Rolex watch, living in luxury five star hotels, banning authentic religious practices and lying  through our teeth at every opportunity.

let's all create a schism in the Sangha as a path to enlightenment!

Please use your wisdom and don't  buy the snake oil.

Big Uncle

« Reply #36 on: June 23, 2014, 12:31:59 AM »
i've not been to this forum for years.  i stopped posting because i was so exasperated by this idiotic big picture idea.  i thought you'd actually started to drop this lunacy and get fully behind ISC's efforts to lift the ban, but this is thefirst thread i have looked at since coming back and i see you haven't moved on at all.  bravo.

don't give me any bull about conventional appearance and China and we can't see who's enlightened.  i can't see who's enlightened but i CAN see who is the worst dictator in the modern world according to his actions and i haven't time to indulge in this Stockholm syndrome mutual rationalisation.

WAKE UP.  GET OUT THERE AND PROTEST.  ffs - what do you think Dorje Shugden would do if he were incarnate?

Actually, on the contrary to what you may be thinking, I started this thread without the intention to dissuade anybody from any form of protests. It was just a line of thought that I had and I just thought I had one day when I was just googling about the Mahasiddhas and I was just wondering what people may be thinking about. If the protests are done peacefully and without violence and with sound reasoning, I don't see anything wrong with that. Personally, if it was up to me. I would rather shift the focus from demonising the Dalai Lama to actual evidences of disintegration of Tibetan society and abuse of human and religious freedom. Been quite busy at work in Asia so I can't make it for protest over in the European countries yet.

eyesoftara

« Reply #37 on: June 23, 2014, 04:30:26 AM »
Yes, certainly. If we believe the Dalai Lama to be Chenrezig, then this is the only logical conclusion. Otherwise, the who basis of Tibetan Buddhism will fall flat and we need not practice any Vajrayana. That being the case, we need to understand that what the enlightened ones, including the Dalai Lama and the Shugden Lamas, do and will be doing are acts of skillful means to benefits all sentient beings.
The ban is both a reflection of the collective karmas/mertis of beings in this world and the response via skillful means to propagate what is most beneficial to us.
As in any acts of a Mahasiddha, one usually cannot comprehend these acts initially but over time, it will be clear.

Blueupali

• Email
« Reply #38 on: June 23, 2014, 04:57:02 AM »
Do I think the Dalai Lama's ban is an act of a Mahasidda?

NOPE!  I think he is acting like a crazy power hungry politician.  Can Buddhas emanate as crazy power hungry politicians?  Yes.... but I have ZERO proof from any of the Dalai Lama's activities that he is a Buddha, a mahasidda or even a person I would not do constant Vajrasattva for so that he doesn't fall into the lower realms.
   Anyone could be a Buddha.  But just because someone thinks he is one, doesn't make him one.
  Why is the Dorje Shugden ban so confusing for people?  Because it makes not one grain of sense--- the Dalai Lama, if he were a Buddha, would be emanating in a reverse psycology way--- like usually if a teacher wants us to follow him, he brings us on board before he starts doing weird and crazy stuff.
  The Dalai asks me to go against the bodhisattva vow by asking me to give up the Shugden practice, because I need it for full Buddhahood.  So, I don't know who is a Buddha or not, but the backwards teachers don't want us to do anything they say with their mouths--- also I think he is generally misdirecting all of humanity ....
  which doesn't seem like something a Buddha would do.  I love Dorje Shugden, and I pray to Dorje Shugden (who is a Buddha people) everyday.... and I always add that will he please help the Dalai Lama purify his karma; I do ask for Dorje Shugden to protect the Dalai Lama's life, since I don't want the Dalai Lama to die and go to the lower realms.  If he realizes what he has done, or at least does a lot of Vajrasattva, he might be okay.  I do a lot of Vajrasattva, and I pray to clear the karma of all living beings; I especially pray for the Dalai lama in this prayer

Kim Hyun Jae

• Email
« Reply #39 on: June 23, 2014, 05:46:40 AM »
I see the acts taken to impose the ban on Dorje Shugden, to be a divine play within the Buddhas, mahasiddhas and enlightened Masters to create the next Big Wave of Buddhism to rise in this degenerate age.

We are already in the midst of the 600 years or so within an era of 1,500 years where Buddhism will continue to remain with us. Thereafter this degenerate age of Buddhism sutra and tantra, we will have to wait for the Buddha Maitreya to return from Tushita land. But Buddha Maitreya will only return to teach sutra, and not tantra.

Quote: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three_Ages_of_Buddhism

The Three Ages of Buddhism are three divisions of time following Buddha's passing:

The Former Day of the Law, also known as the Age of the Right Dharma, the first thousand years (or 500 years) during which the Buddha's disciples are able to uphold the Buddha's teachings;
The Middle Day of the Law, also known as the Age of Semblance Dharma, the second thousand years (or 500 years), which only resembles the right Dharma;
The Latter Day of the Law, which is to last for 10,000 years during which the Dharma declines.

With the skillful use of the Ban on a protector as mighty as Dorje Shugden aka Manjushri, Buddha of Wisdom to spread the teachings and revival of Je Tsongkhapa - when the ban is lifted, it will be the start of the next revival of Buddhism in the world of degenerate age to benefit many beings.

This may be the work of a great mahasiddha, HH the Dalai Lama.

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
« Reply #40 on: June 23, 2014, 05:57:34 AM »
I abhor the Dalai Lama's ban... and i know we should condemn the action and not the person (hang on.. that sounds more Christian) anyway... i'm quite happy to condemn the man too... but I only stop short as I am mindful of what HH Trijang Rinpoche said in his epic Music Delighting - to not lose faith in either Dorje Shugden or the Dalai Lama.

What do you think of what Trijang Rinpoche said? Was Trijang Rinpoche predicting that this crisis of confidence would happen? Was Trijang Rinpoche wrong?
Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

vajratruth

• Global Moderator
« Reply #41 on: June 23, 2014, 10:05:43 AM »
Whether the Dalai Lama is or is not a Mahasiddha is of little consequence to the work of bringing down the ban. It still has to be done and that pretty much renders this discussion a merely academic one. The 'Big Picture' theory suits some people and if that is what someone needs to believe in order not to be conflicted, then so be it.

But I think it may be harder to accept that he is a Mahasiddha if:

1. You and your family have been bearing the brunt of the the Dalai Lama's persecution directly;
2. You are named on a hit-list with your personal details and address made available while there is a constant call for the people to get you;
2. You have been up beaten just because of your guru devotion and continuing faith in Dorje Shugden;
3. You have been expelled from your monastery and community;
4. You have lost your job or denied welfare services just because of your religion;
5. You have had your children be subjected to bullying and humiliation because of your religious practice;
6. You have had your house stoned, padlocked and be the target or arson while your family is in it;

The last thing the Shugden community need now is to be divided. So while I think everyone is entitled to have an opinion, we also need to be sensitive to hurt feelings and a lot of damage that has been done to Shugden people and the Tibetan community worldwide.

Matibhadra

« Reply #42 on: June 23, 2014, 10:28:21 AM »
What do you think of what Trijang Rinpoche said? Was Trijang Rinpoche predicting that this crisis of confidence would happen? Was Trijang Rinpoche wrong?

Just like Galileo, Trijang Rinpoche said what he could say in a brutal theocracy.

And in the same way that Galileo said ”eppur si muove” (”and yet it moves”), Trijang Rinpoche clearly hinted at the evil dalai's sick jealousy.

Jealousy is incompatible with bodhichitta. A jealous person cannot be a bodhisattva, let alone a mahasiddha. A sickly jealous person in a position of power will likely become a terrorist. This is the case with the evil dalai.

Matibhadra

« Reply #43 on: June 23, 2014, 01:01:51 PM »
With the skillful use of the Ban on a protector as mighty as Dorje Shugden aka Manjushri, Buddha of Wisdom to spread the teachings and revival of Je Tsongkhapa - when the ban is lifted, it will be the start of the next revival of Buddhism in the world of degenerate age to  benefit many beings.

Then, according to you logic, the ban imposed by Muslim terrorists on Buddhism, forcing every single Buddhist to choose between conversion or decapitation, in much of Central Asia for the last millenium, heralded a revival of Buddhism to benefit many beings.

That's why Buddhism flourishes so wonderfully in Afghanistan, in Pakistan, in Turkmenistan, and so forth, right?

This may be the work of a great mahasiddha, HH the Dalai Lama.

Then you have to add to your gallery of ”mahasiddhas” world-class terrorists, from Aurangzeb to Osama bin Laden. And don' t forget to make your prostrations only towards Mecca!

Matibhadra

« Reply #44 on: June 23, 2014, 02:06:16 PM »
I do think the Dalai lama is a mahasiddha who has taken the responsibility to spread Dorje Shugden and also Lama Tsongkhapa's tradition.

If you support evil inside your heart, you are always going to try and justify evil, no matter how much you proclaim the names of Lama Tsongkhapa and Dorje Shugden to the four winds.

Actually, proclaiming the names of Lama Tsongkhapa and Dorje Shugden is even a convenient cover for your perverted propaganda of terrorism and terrorists, such as the evil dalai.

The Dalai Lama is not a dull person who is not aware of all he has done.

This is precisely the nature of cold criminals and terrorists.

He is the top scholar in the world since Je Tsongkhapa's time

The top scholar in the academia of terrorism, you mean, right?

But no, he is not. The evil dalai is just a learning puppet on the payroll of the master terrorists controlling his actions, such as the financial terrorist and international troublemaker George Soros.

and he has spread the dharma, far and wide to all over the world

Then for you spreading the cancer of religious intolerance is ”spreading dharma”, right? This indeed explains you devotion to the terrorist dalai.

plus he has made Buddhism hip hence the centres around the world have benefitted from this teachings and presence.

Centers of witch-hunting, you mean, right?

And the material benefit of money and sponsorships with political strings attached to them, right?

Please tell us where ”Buddhism” enters this macabre story.

The Dalai Lama was Dromtonpa

Sure. And Osama bin Laden was the Buddha, and Chemical Ali was Ananda.