Author Topic: Lama Osel (Hita Torres) renounces the FPMT  (Read 33773 times)

Alexis

Re: Lama Osel (Hita Torres) renounces the FPMT
« Reply #30 on: July 15, 2009, 08:40:17 PM »
Yes, I was refering to that.

Je Rimpoche taught how to practice the complete path in an uncontradictory manner. If one uses a consort, one is no longer a monk. Je Rimpoche passed into Parinirvana as a Bikkshu (gelong). The method he taught is to practice tantra without consort up to the point where one needs to dissolve completely the winds inside the indestructible drop. In order to do that, one either needs an action mudra or wait until the time of Death. If you check his secret biography (Trsl. Thurman), it is obvious Je Rimpoche waited for that moment (death) and never broke his monks vows.

Even if that we ever true (Je Rimpoche and consort), that Geshe would then be a complete idiot for having opened his mouth so publicly ???.

« Last Edit: July 15, 2009, 09:47:27 PM by Alexis »

kelsang

« Reply #31 on: July 15, 2009, 10:05:39 PM »
Haha strong words.. wether this Geshe was an idiot or not i dont know, i think he didnt have a bad intention saying this.

I know the  biography u metioned .. but heard of another one.

However personally i believe most of what u said to be true.

Thank u
Kelsang

Alexis

« Reply #32 on: July 15, 2009, 10:24:31 PM »
One Rinpoche told me when I asked what the real meaning of the word Gelug is, said "it means one gets enlightened in the bardo." 

Wow!

This sound to me like the condensed meaning of the entire stages of the path of Sutra and Tantra...in only a few syllables. Its even shorter than migtsema!

The strong content of this formula is to be found, not only is what is said, but in what is implied by the wording (in what is not said, to make a Wittgensteinian point).

TK, is that synthesis from Kyabje Dagom Rimpoche?
« Last Edit: July 15, 2009, 10:40:15 PM by Alexis »

Alexis

« Reply #33 on: July 17, 2009, 04:36:01 PM »
TK,

The two important texte concerning the ordain/reordain question is first, of course, the Vinaya, then second, I think, Gendun Drup's (1st DL) commentary on vinaya. I think this is the text we rely upon in the Gelugpa tradition for such matters.

I think you are right in saying the is a distinction wether or not the leaving of the vows was done in a concealed manner ("defeat") or not. You are also right I think in saying that there is probably a possibility for reordaining, but that it is generally not in our "gelug culture", as you call it.

In any case, it's really up to them to decide how they want to work for the benefits of sentient beings...but even the possibility of him (Trijang R.) eventually reordaining give a little solace  :)

GFlan

• Email
« Reply #34 on: July 25, 2009, 08:35:03 PM »
The disagreement, it seems to me, misses the salient point of this article: the inherent cruelty of a system that takes a small child from his parents, subjects him to marathon sessions of memorization and beats him for non-compliance. For my part, i rejoice that this man has renounced such abuse.

Dondrup Shugden

« Reply #35 on: March 04, 2015, 04:22:42 PM »
The mystery unfolds, recently Osel Hita seem to have returned to FPMT and attending their board of directors meetings. 

From the FPMT website there will soon be a pilgrimage to Buddha's holy sites led by Osel Hita in April 2015.

Could it be true that the Lama is finally returning as the Ban on Dorje Shugden is near.

FPMT may be ready to going back to its roots as laid by Lama Yeshe, the devote Shugden Lama.