Author Topic: KIM KARDASHIAN'S PHOTOS AT BUDDHIST TEMPLE ARE TASTELESS  (Read 8358 times)

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
KIM KARDASHIAN'S PHOTOS AT BUDDHIST TEMPLE ARE TASTELESS
« on: April 01, 2014, 06:08:56 PM »
Kim Kardashian at a Buddhist temple in Thailand? To be fair to Kim, I think that it's great that she visited the temples. It would mean she received blessings (with or without hashtag) because merely by seeing the Buddha's image, she was blessed and the seeds of enlightenment implanted.

This author is giving Kim a harder time than necessary. After all, so many tourists take selfies in front of temples. Just because Kim is a celebrity (who admittedly often acts irritatingly) doesn't mean that she should be free for all and sundry to crucify at any time. I know that journalists and pseudo journalists often think that public figures should be fair game at any time for criticism. I mean we don't trash talk people without basis normally, so why do we feel that we can just shred (figuratively speaking) a public figure without impunity?

i think that even though they are public figures, they deserve the basic human respect.

Hope you enjoyed the temples, Kim!

KIM KARDASHIAN'S PHOTOS AT BUDDHIST TEMPLE ARE TASTELESS, NOT "ENLIGHTENED"

http://www.bustle.com/articles/19588-kim-kardashians-photos-at-buddhist-temple-are-tasteless-not-enlightened

It looks like Kim Kardashian has escaped to Thailand after the controversy over her Vogue cover with Kanye West. The new season of Keeping Up With the Kardashians is filming in Thailand, and Kim has posted a series of tasteless selfies at a Buddhist temple. #OHBROTHER. The series of photos show Kim in a form-fitting white gown posing in front of an idol; inside the temple; and kneeling on the steps, taking off her shoes (which she hashtagged “#etiquette”).

Kardashian’s treating the temple like her own personal runway and also posed in front of a gold-ornamented structure in couture, which she so boldly hashtagged #enlightenment.

I think it’s a safe bet to say that Kim K. is not converting to Buddhism anytime soon, and it feels like her hashtags (#enlightened, #blessed, #etiquette) are making a mockery of the sacred. It rings of when Rihanna was ousted from a mosque in Abu Dhabi for wearing a hijab and claiming that the Muslim women in the background of her photos were “bitches [that] stole her look.” The cultural tourism is alive, too, in Kim’s Instagrams; regardless of how beautiful she may think the Buddhist temple is, it’s a transparent and surface interest. I don’t think she’s becoming any more enlightened by snapping Instagram photos.

Are Kim’s pics ill-intentioned? No, but they’re definitely tasteless. It contributes to the devaluation and westernization of Eastern traditions; how many of Kim’s fans are gonna rush to Thailand to take their own glam shots in a Buddhist temple? There’s a lovely irony in her #enlightenment — she’s there filming a reality show, and it’s not far-fetched to say that Keeping Up With the Kardashians is the complete and total opposite of the tenets of Buddhism.

The world is not your personal runway, Kim. Though the photos are beautiful, it’s a shame that such a place of reflection has become a setpiece for Kim’s curves. Perhaps ignorance really is #blessed.

Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

Matibhadra

Re: KIM KARDASHIAN'S PHOTOS AT BUDDHIST TEMPLE ARE TASTELESS
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2014, 08:32:59 PM »
Just because Kim is a celebrity (who admittedly often acts irritatingly) doesn't mean that she should be free for all and sundry to crucify at any time.

Any non-Jewish celebrity is free for all and sundry to crucify at any time. Jewish celebrities, such as Woody Allen or Roman Polanski, no matter how many children they may have raped, and disgraced for life, will only and always be glorified. The intention of demonizing Kim as the epitome of indecency is clear.

Specifically, Kim's poses are respectful of the temple and perfectly tasteful. Whatever curves she has are not her fault. There is no ”devaluation and westernization of Eastern traditions”; rather the opposite, as Buddhist temples are often visualized as being surrounded by beautiful goddesses.

Kim sits without shoes at the doorsteps of the temple, and gracefully stands below the Ashoka pillar-like structure. She's not calling anyone a ”bitch”, and not mocking of anyone, and specifically not mocking of Buddhism. As to the ”superficiality” or not of her interest in Buddhism is not up to anyone to judge.

i think that even though they are public figures, they deserve the basic human respect.

In our Jewish-controlled society and media, only Jews deserve respect. This is because, according to their scripture, the Talmud, only Jews are humans; non-Jews are just animals to which their ”god” gave a human form, so that they can better serve the Jews.

Whether Kim wants or not to convert to Buddhism, she shows respect and admiration, not only for Buddhist sacred places, but also for Buddhist tenets such as enlightenment. And it will be wonderful if her fans, inspired by her example, indeed rush to Buddhist places.

Funny that while  ”Keeping Up With the Kardashians” is described as ”the complete and total opposite of the tenets of Buddhism”, this type of criticism is never made about the gruesome, barbaric movies starred by the Jewish-Nyingma ”rinpoche” Steven Seagal.

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2014, 03:57:19 PM »
well said, Jspitanga!
Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

Klein

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2014, 07:06:38 AM »
The only other pic of Kim K at the temple I can find on the net is this

I don't see what's so indecent about it? I guess it's the magazine cooking up something to make the story more interesting at the expense of Kim K. That's what readers in general like, especially in the USA. Americans in general like to read and watch about dramas created by celebrities hence the popularity of reality shows. The highest ratings are for trashy and dramatic shows. It's a form of entertainment that people nowadays like. Sad but true because it shows how bored people are. Instead of spending time on developing spirituality where one realises ultimate happiness and inner peace, the general masses like to distract themselves watching and reading frivolous news of celebrities.

Anyway, I think Kim K is happy with any sort of publicity because that translates to dollars and cents.

ilikeshugden

• Email
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2014, 02:34:28 PM »
As much as I am not a fan of Kim Kardashian, I am not willing to demonize her actions at this temple. Indirectly, she is creating the causes for many people to see these images and be implanted by karmic seeds which can blossom into great scholars in the future.

People normally see the negative connotations with taking selfies in front of holy images but if you look closely, you can see that there are hidden, unintended benefits.

brian

• Email
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2014, 06:11:47 AM »
Controversial at it seems, it does gave some imprints to viewers who happened to see Buddha statues and stupas too rite? Move on....

psylotripitaka

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2014, 06:19:29 AM »
Actually they're not tasteless, but full of flavor and quite delicious!

bonfire

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2014, 10:18:47 AM »
Scandal for nothing but maybe some publicity, that is all... Even that is a maybe...
I think the pictures look pretty nice, they don't look professional, they are candid almost.
So here we have Kim Kardhasian visiting a Buddhist temple, no need for any "Buddhist" to claim scandal, only for them to rejoice.

Jessie Fong

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2014, 10:06:59 AM »
What's all these hoo-ha about? As far as I can see, the poses were not out of line ... they were rather respectful. They were not improper; in fact these few pictures show her in a clean white dress befitting of any visitor to any religious centre of worship.

rossoneri

• Email
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2014, 03:19:31 PM »
I do not understand why is she in the spotlight merely because I think the writer is picking on her just because Kim's behavior at time not that popular to some of the writer especially to those who writes or making a living by reporting gossips on public figure. Whether she will be a Buddhist or not it is does not matter and this is not a case if she is going to adopt Buddhism as her religion. I meant we do take pictures of our own in from of the Buddha especially when we find that we wanted to keep it for memory sake. Just because she is popular doesn't mean that she can't live and behave like a normal person which she is a normal human being but she gained or popularity of the field she is in. Not like she is acting or wearing disrespectful in the temple.

bambi

« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2014, 03:35:00 PM »
I see nothing wrong with the photos that are taken here nor the hashtags. Well, its sad when you are famous, everyone starts picking on every little thing you do. At least she wore white and took her shoes off before entering the temple...