Author Topic: Taktse Drupcho Ritual at Shar Gaden  (Read 4072 times)

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
Taktse Drupcho Ritual at Shar Gaden
« on: March 25, 2014, 07:59:31 AM »
Interesting and educational info and nice pics of this ritual at Shar Gaden monastery. It is wonderful that despite being ostracised, this monastery still continues the pure tradition of Je Tsongkhapa to this day and continues this annual ritual. A video would be supercool!

Taktse Drupcho Ritual

http://shargadenpa.org/taktse-drupcho-ritual

Shar Gaden Monastery has begun the annual Taktse Drupcho ritual. Drupcho in general means ‘accomplishment/offering ritual’. This particular practice was established by the great master and founder of the Gelug lineage, Je Tsongkhapa, and has been performed annually since the very first years of Gaden Monastery in Tibet. The Taktse Drupcho ritual is an extensive group ritual that is based on the tantric deity Yamantaka. This ceremony is performed in order to avert three kinds of obstacles: worldly, inner and secret obstacles; conditions which prevent us from achieving our worldly and spiritual goals. The monks leading this ritual will utilize various mudras (sacred hand gestures) and ritual implements for these elaborate ceremonies. At the beginning of each session, the monks visualize themselves as the deity Yamantaka and perform a series of ‘self-empowerments’, as a method of restoring tantric commitments and receiving blessings. Prayers are then dedicated to the peace and welfare of all sentient beings.

A finely detailed sand mandala is also created for this event and this will serve as the visualized abode for Yamantaka during these sessions.

The Taktse Drupcho ritual will conclude on day four with a fire puja performed by the senior monks, geshes, and rinpoches of our monastery.
Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

Losang_Tenpa

• Email
Re: Taktse Drupcho Ritual at Shar Gaden
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2014, 10:28:56 AM »
Here is a video of the Taktse Drupcho ritual from 2012

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/bUzQ6OiJayU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Losang_Tenpa

• Email
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2014, 10:29:46 AM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUzQ6OiJayU

Losang_Tenpa

• Email
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2014, 10:30:42 AM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUzQ6OiJayU

dsiluvu

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2014, 06:02:35 AM »
This is inspiring to see that these monks despite all the hardships, difficulties, threats and problems they receive from their own people and their own hypocritical Govt, they did not lose faith and they still continued on. To see this brings tears to my eyes, I feel a little sad seeing that they don't even have ritual tables so that they can place their ritual items on it, instead it is on the floor! Oh my goodness, boy are we spoilt, and boy are they so humble and so sincere!

Seeing these humble monks, giving up their lives to study the Dharma, to gain attainments to benefit others, and to continue what their Gurus have taught gives me inspiration to do more to bring down the injustice ban. Many of them suffered so much because of the ban. Nothing really good is coming out of the ban except the truth about Dorje Shugden and educating the world about who Dorje Shugden really is!

I will work hard to bring the ban down, I will keep telling my friends about this injustice and the world through the internet what is going on and the injustice that is happening! 

DharmaSpace

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2014, 04:49:07 AM »
May all practitioners and monks of of Je Tsongkhapa tradition have less obstacles to bring the down the ban and become the source of dharma for the many migrators in this universe. The sand mandala is an amazing piece of work, and reflects the level of concentration by the monks, which probably means when they meditate or they are out of meditation they are aware of every single thought that goes through their minds. No thought is not noted by such level of practitioners.

Despite the harsh conditions in India and the ban and unfriendly lay people, the monks persevere, and they leave all their problems to focus on the act the puja that will benefit many beings, they leave their problems out side the gompa door I'd like to think. The BAM that is painted on the throne facing the fire is very nicely done.