Author Topic: “Bringing Shugden to New York City”  (Read 10505 times)

Muriel

“Bringing Shugden to New York City”
« on: March 29, 2014, 03:44:13 AM »

http://www.dorjeshugden.com/all-articles/news/bringing-shugden-to-new-york-city/

The Dorje Shugden team has created a mural in the middle of New York City to further bless and educate people about the religion. This creation is beneficial because the colors brighten the city and attract more people to the city. Also, because Buddhists don’t worship statues and religious artifacts, this mural of a sacred image is perfect for inspiration for spreading positive human qualities.

I believe that creating murals is also another form of peaceful protest fighting for religious freedom.

Who knows the Dalai Lama will pass by this mural on the way to deliver his speech about happiness and compassion to a crowd? DS.com is kindly asking people to contact them if they are interested in creating murals in other places, which means that the Dalai Lama will be exposed to these more often. I bet He will peruse about the significance of the murals whenever he passes them because He is a very well educated man. Who knows this action of His will make him think about if the ban on the Dorje Shuden is justifiable?

diamond girl

Re: “Bringing Shugden to New York City”
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2014, 04:56:15 AM »
This is indeed such meritorious news! What a wonderful and bright piece of art painted in such a popular location for many to be blessed by simply looking and walking past this Buddha. I thank this website for all this work they do all over the world.

I remember when I was in Macau I was given a little brochure on dorjeshugden and started reading this website. I have also since ordered a pendant and tsa tsa from here. This website has been my savior. The content has allowed me to strengthen my faith and connection to this Buddha.

Tenzin Malgyur

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2014, 07:19:31 AM »
This is a brilliant idea to paint a mural of the great king Dorje Shugden on a wall at a busy street in New York City. It looks very pleasant to the eyes of everyone who would lay gaze on this image as they walk past this certain wall and at the same time plant a seed of Dorje Shugden in their mind stream. Thanks to the creative team of Dorje Shugden.com to come up with this fantastic idea to introduce Dorje Shugden to the world. I wish your team will identify more strategic spots to place more murals of this sort to create more awareness to your website and further towards the difficulties of Dorje Shugden practitioners.

Kim Hyun Jae

• Email
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2014, 12:17:36 PM »
For the dorjeshugden.com team to continue to put up more murals in the US, they also need help from contribuors to fund the rental of the walls and to pay the artists for each piece of work. We need to be realistic here, so please do find ways to contribute to these virtuous work of dorjeshugden.com - with folded hands.

rossoneri

• Email
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2014, 12:44:39 PM »
Wonderful! Wonderful! Wonderful! It is so wonderful to have Dorje Shugden mural painted in the popular and artistic streets here in New York city. May passerby and people who look at this mural will be blessed by Dorje Shugden who is the enlighten protector in our age and time. This will definitely stir up curiosity among the people and will wondering what is this website about and log in. May this be the starting point of the ripple which will inspires many more artist around the world to do the same thing if not something similar in order to bring more awareness to people that Dorje Shugden is infact an Enlighten Buddha and is not what CTA and HHTDL claim he is not.

May this effort from a wonderful team of dorjeshugden.com continue to inspire and with the commitment of this team i strongly believed that the ban will be lifted very soon. Thank you so much.

kris

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2014, 02:45:00 PM »
I personally like street arts a lot, probably it gives a sense of freedom to express. Incidentally, Dorje Shugden practices has been banned by CTA, and this mural of Dorje Shugden gives a sense of freedom to me as well.. and it is the freedom to practice.

I am sure you need to pay the artist, and I was told you can find out how to contribute to this interesting idea here: http://shop.dorjeshugden.com/about-us

Rihanna

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2014, 03:05:46 AM »
What a brilliant idea dorjeshugden.com! I hope that this mural will bring awareness about this website that provides objective information about Dorje Shugden so that readers can educate themselves and not behave the same or treat Dorje Shugden practitioners as the blind faith followers of the Dalai Lama did. What the illiterate elders and CTA did was against all that Buddhism stood for and may the younger generation be free to adopt any enlightened protector they feel a deep connection to.

The New Yorkers are so fortunate. May all who even have a glimpse of HIM be planted with the seeds of enlightenment

pgdharma

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2014, 07:41:49 AM »

Wow another fantastic idea from dorjeshugden.com!.

This mural is located around the busy area in New York and those who pass by will be blessed by Dorje Shugden. For those who go into the website they will be able to learn and understand more about Dorje Shugden and will not be as ignorant as the CTA who until now deny the truth about Dorje Shugden.

I thank the team behind dorjeshugden.com for always coming up with new ways to reach out to the mass so that more people will be able to benefit from this Sacred Protector.

May this mural be the cause for more murals to come and bring benefit to more people.

Positive Change

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2014, 11:40:04 AM »
This is indeed beautiful. To be able to bestow blessings to all within a community. Imagine if artists around the world who were to pick up on this and actually recreate the holy image within their cities and communities?

We should spread the word, social media this article with the hopes that such a phenomenon would come to fruition! After all, dont we all want Dorje Shugden to go "viral"?

YESSSS

RedLantern

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2014, 04:34:53 PM »
Mural featuring our Protector Dorje Shugden is a brilliant idea for promoting our website. For those who support and like dorjeshugden.com team and their work,please contribute to this virtuous work, so that the ban may be lifted soonest possible.By just looking at this holy image,many will be blessed and benefited.

dsiluvu

« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2014, 09:48:52 PM »
Love it! Awesome work dorjeshugden.com!!! May there be more  ;) ;) ;)

This is one of the many creative things that Dorjeshugden.com dedicates their lives in promoting and creatibg awareness to preserve our lineage and Dorje Shugden practice. I am very grateful for their silent hard-work behind the scenes and how they remain devoted, firm and strong toward His Holiness Trijang Rinpoche's instruction that is; during this "dark times" when HHDL manifest to play as a liar and a hypocrite (which is being heavily criticised by a lot of Western Shugdenpas), it is wise to remember Trijang Rinpoche's kind advise to everyone, that we are to remain calm, focused and strongly advise us to NOT LOSE FAITH in both HHDL and Dorje Shugden.

HHDL actions manifest biasness and total discrimination and bias, that in itself have broken the Boddhisattva vows, but I think it is not that easy. I still do believe there is a "bigger" reason beyond our ability to comprehend right now.

So while the hypocritical CTA thinks of ways to debunk us, we shall continue to think of creative ways to spread Dorje Shugden. Truth is truth and truth cannot be hidden, twisted and manipulated for too long. Do not underestimate people's intelligence.     

Dondrup Shugden

« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2014, 04:17:17 AM »
Not only innovative and creative, it is awesome that DS.com would use such a media to help and assist people to find comfort and peace with their problems.

Usually these form of graffiti is about discontent and venting of anger or used as advertising, but to have used this media to benefit people is amazing.  The message is clear as to how and where to find help.

This is not only a wall mural but a thangka for sentient being having gazed on will have the blessings of the Great Protector, Dorje Shugden.

May this first wall thangka be the cause and beginning of many to adorn all the walls of the world.  What a beautiful picture.

gbds3jewels

• Email
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2014, 04:45:32 AM »
Kudos to dorjeshugden.com for coming up with this idea. Very well planned and nicely executed. Would be exciting to see more and more of this mural in different major cities around the world. Fantastic way to spread the message. Brilliant marketing scheme. May many be blessed by this Buddha mural and many will come to understand about dorjeshugden practice and the ban.

yontenjamyang

• Email
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2014, 07:55:13 AM »
The image of Lord Protector Dorje Shugden is full of enlightened meanings. To have a mural in the middle of New York City is certainly going to bring lots of benefits to the citizens, animals, non human and visitors alike. They will have a seed on enlightenment planted in their mind that will benefit them this life and in their future lives. Also, it will bring awareness of the Protector to mind of not only denizens of NYC but also via the social media to the world.
Hopefully this is the first of many murals and such images that the team will do. I am looking forward to it and perhaps the team can start an online fund to seek support and sponsorship to do more of such projects. I will certainly support it.

vajrastorm

« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2014, 12:57:56 PM »
An eye-catching mural in a busy street in Brooklyn. A youthful Dorje Shugden on a cute snow lion. The colors are bright and arresting too. The caption "For Divine Help   -  www. Dorje Shugden .com " must surely appeal to all, including the younger generation. May they swarm this website to find out more about Dorje Shugden and what divine help He can render them.

I believe it will send waves of interest out in all directions. People will tweet and spread it via social media. What a skillful method to spread the Dharma! Whoever casts a glance in the direction of this mural will immediately be blessed, and will have the seed of dharma and enlightenment planted in them.In this way, countless beings will be blessed and have seeds sown in them for future lives. Wow! if this idea catches and more and more people sponsor murals of DS , then there will be murals in towns and cities all over the world!Imagine the impact!