Author Topic: “Dalai Lama angrily replies to peaceful nun”  (Read 3865 times)

Muriel

“Dalai Lama angrily replies to peaceful nun”
« on: February 25, 2014, 08:58:08 AM »
http://www.dorjeshugden.com/all-articles/the-controversy/dalai-lama-angrily-replies-back-a-peaceful-nun/

Again, Dalai Lama allows no discussion or conversation on the Dorje Shugden at all. Even far more extremely, Dalai Lama acts quite rudely to a nun who politely asks the Dalia Lama to stop the ban on the Dorje Shugden because the ban is physically and emotionally hurting the practitioners. The author of this article argues that if Tibet seeks aids, against China, from democratic countries like the United States, the Tibetans need to realize that the freedom of religion must be accomplished first.

I completely agree with the author that apart from who the God/head of the religion is, everyone should be able to follow whatever religions they believe in.

I actually attended a panel event with Dalai Lama in Portland, OR a year ago, and I heard some great insights from panel speakers including Dalai Lama. One thing he mentioned was that in order to see the reality and the differences in other faiths, one must look at other traditions objectively and sincerely. Also, if there were only Buddhism, for example, and its believes insist only one truth and have to convert everyone to a Buddhist, it is impossible. Different religions together form safer and more effective community. Dalai Lama’s current actions against the ban on Dorje Shugden defeats what he asserted at the event I attended. Even though he did not explicitly mentioned it, he was acknowledging that freedom of religion is quite essential to form a diverse and embracing society. I hope to see more liberalization in such freedom in the near future.

Dondrup Shugden

Re: “Dalai Lama angrily replies to peaceful nun”
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2015, 10:42:35 AM »
It is quite sad to watch this video when a peaceful nun was rebuked by the Dalai Lama.