Author Topic: 27 minutes of Dorje Shugden  (Read 14850 times)

kris

Re: 27 minutes of Dorje Shugden
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2014, 03:47:33 PM »
First, CTA should not even spend time and the money to research and produce the book, then they should not even bother to print the books, because it is full of lies.. and now the books are just dumped to the rubbish bin and may be just waiting for recycling.

Dear CTA, if you have money, why not spend the money to buy more medicines, or books for children? If you have time, why not think about how to unite all Tibetans to gain your independence (if that is so important to you)?

lotus1

« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2014, 05:38:33 PM »
I am very happy to see this picture as this has shown that the monks are intelligent and able to distinguish what is truth and what is false. Obviously they know that what has been written in the new books is all rubbish and they are able to see the truth of Dorje Shugden’s enlightened nature.

There are several prayers and text for Dorje Shugden that have composed by the great lamas such as the 5th Dalai Lama, Trijang Rinpoche as well as the 10th Panchen Lama (In his collected works (sungbum), the 10th Panchen Lama wrote a praise to Dorje Shugden http://www.dorjeshugden.com/introduction/history/10th-panchen-lama-writes-prayer-to-dorje-shugden/) Would the high lamas wrong about Dorje Shugden? I’m sure all of us have the answers.

Personally, I like this article that use logical way to laying out all the facts about Dorje Shugden and why the basis for the Dorje Shugden ban was proven false:  http://www.dorjeshugden.com/all-articles/features/basis-for-the-dorje-shugden-ban-proven-false/

rossoneri

• Email
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2014, 09:45:29 AM »
One of the part i find it very amazing is that if you notice the Nobel Prize winner said he only brief saw the Table of Contents of this book as a Nobel Prize winner or as a normal Nobel Prize winner would you simply launched or endorsed a book without even know the details of a book? For sure I won’t do that…and with all this happening one of the old monks who is in Trijang Rinpoche's Ladrang being attacked by unknown men without even saying a word. How cruel it is for you to hurt someone just because he chose to follow the instruction of his Guru and sticked to it.

gbds3jewels

• Email
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2014, 11:43:17 AM »
Most people are thought to treat religion with respect regardless of one beliefs. If someone give me a bible as a gift, I would not dump it in the rubbish bin because it is disrespect to someone's belief. Correct me if I'm wrong but fundamentally buddhist teachings are about respect for all beliefs. The Dalai Lama is all about inter-faith harmony and I doubt he would treat a bible in such disrespect.

So how is it that books with content of Buddha and Buddha images are treated as such? Just because it's about Dorje Shugden? So if I put the name of Dorje Shugden among other gods and Buddhas, all the other gods and Buddhas will also be defiled? Hmm...that makes DS extremely powerful, doesn't it?

Banning the DS practice from all aspect no matter how you look at it doesn't make sense. It is perhaps the fact that it doesn't make sense brings one attention as to what is the true reason/goal behind this ban being imposed by one of the wisest Lama of our time.

Down with the ban I say because when the ban is lifted I'm hopeful that the true reason will also be unveiled.

RedLantern

« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2014, 12:29:09 PM »
Obviously many of the sanghas are under cover Shugden practitioners by the sight of the discarded books thrown in the most inappropriate way.They saw it as rubbish!
There is so much hatred and violence which is not what Buddhist practiced.May tolerance, compassion and the ban be lifted ,so all Buddhist can practice as they wish without fear of persecution.

DharmaSpace

« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2014, 02:06:15 PM »
It reminds me of the days during the old days in Nalanda, how the dharma texts would be scrutinised. The Dharma texts would be debated and checked by scholars and the high lamas.  And if the text was deemed not  up to par or quality, then the text would be dragged all over town tied to the tail of a dog.

In this case the monks dumped the text directly into the rubbish bin which shows how disgusted they are with the text produced by Gaden Shartse. Remember when we take refuge vows, we must treat even a scrap of paper with dharma on it as the holy words of the buddha, in addition to that I think there was a reference in the lamrim whereby a high lama picked up a piece of paper with the dharma from the floor.

Tenzin Malgyur

« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2014, 03:01:21 PM »
DharmaDefender, of course the monks knew very well the difference between a dharma text and one that is full of false allegations. So naturally, the ones with contents that is amounting to garbage for the minds is put where it belonged-the rubbish heap. It is very obvious that many people are well informed and they must have been disgusted with the false information in this book. Such a waste of funds that went into printing of this illogical book.

xyz_generation

« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2014, 05:58:51 PM »
It was sad to see what CTA offering to Dalai Lama ended up this way after the event in Sera BUT I am happy to know those monk in Sera know what they are doing.
Dear CTA, please stop using your poor tax payers money to publish this kind of material anymore, even I am not one of your tax payer, I really having a hard time to convince myself with what you guys are telling. This is really sad.

christine V

• Email
« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2014, 06:47:55 PM »
They not only not respected human rights, but Dharma text....

Q

« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2014, 07:21:41 PM »
Well said Psylotripitaka.

That being said, although I really respect the Dalai Lama, and will never breath a world of negativity about HH, but the recent news about the release of the anti-ds book really upsets me (and everyone I know!)

I wish I can truly call the Dalai Lama 'evil' but no matter what, when I view at things objectively and not place my own personal agenda like being oppressed for practicing DS, HHDL truly has done many wondrous things that none of us can possibly achieve.

Unfortunately, endorsing this anti-ds book is really a bad move, for the Dalai Lama that is... maybe now we have the chance to use this as prove on the religious discrimination happening to us.

Matibhadra

« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2014, 11:31:36 PM »
Psyllotripitaka says

You are free to speak as you will, and considering the circumstances I understand how the actions of others can bend us out of shape,

Actions of others never bend one out of shape. What bends one out of shape, from an ethical viewpoint, are only one's own unskilful minds, such as one's own hypocrisy (concealment), lack of compassion, and lack of self-respect (sense of shame).

For instance, one shows hypocrisy, lack of self-respect, and lack of compassion, when, out of subservience to common opinion, of religious preconceptions, or even of self-identification with evil, one calls “holy” that which even oneself recognize as evil, thus endorsing, supporting, and sanctifying such evil.

This is the non-Buddhistic, Abrahamic (Jewish, Christian and Islamic) way. No matter how evil, envious, bloodthirsty, and callous their “god“ may be (according to their own scriptures), and no matter how much the victims of their “god” (or of the belief in such a “god”) may suffer, they (the Abrahamic followers) still call it “good”, and venerate it, just because it is “their god” -- and, not satisfied with that, self-righteously try to enforce this veneration on others, calling them “blasphemous”, killing them, and so forth.

Now, in a similar way, and no matter how perverse, envious, deceitful, and callous the evil dalai may be (to the point that even you agree that he deserves compassion), you have rather self-righteously reacted, ruffling your feathers just because someone called the “dalai” by his suitable epithet, that is, “evil“ -- defined as “that which brings suffering to sentient beings” --, and even want to enforce veneration of your “holy” entity on others, thus following the non-Buddhistic, Abrahamic violent pattern.

Even if the evil dalai does not bring suffering to you personally (as he does not bring to me), he still brings suffering to many others who are under his power. Therefore, calling “holy“ the evil being who brings so much suffering to others, thus endorsing, supporting, and sanctifying his violence, and, what is worse, attempting at enforcing such debased veneration on others, is tantamount to a gruesome show of lack of compassion and connivance with violence -- besides the cheap, hypocritical exercise of lojong with the suffering of others.

Therefore, may I politely suggest that, rather than pompously setting dubious rules for others, you keep venerating as “holy” your evil entity as much as you want, and take care first and foremost of your own mind and motivations.

Matibhadra

« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2014, 12:08:35 AM »
HHDL truly has done many wondrous things that none of us can possibly achieve

Which wondrous things? Defaming and humiliating his holy root guru and other hard-working lineage lamas? Winning the Nobel Peace Prize together with other war criminals? Inciting, supporting, and justifying gruesome self-immolations, bloody racist riots, and medieval witch-hunts? Receiving monthly allowances from a convicted criminal hell bent on bringing the chaos to other countries under the pretext of “democracy“? Supporting the division of his country and the delivery of a huge chunk of Tibet to bloodsucking colonialists? Ruthlessly attempting the destruction of a holy Buddhist lineage? Uttering blatant lies and misusing Buddhadharma in order to assert his own despotic power? Supporting the murdering of holy lamas?

If you find these obnoxious actions “wondrous things“, support them, connive with them, then may I politely ask, what in Buddhism attracts you?

Rihanna

« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2014, 12:17:23 AM »
Yes it is true that  holy texts are supposed to be treated with respect, and kept in high places, wrapped up nicely, free from dust etc. Even if you need to discard it for whatever good reasons, you have to visualize the text dissolving into the syllable AH, and then dissolve into your speech aggregate.

I am sure the monks who discarded those books know their vows and what needs to be done. So when the books are just discarded in this manner, it is a clear sign that it is not a dharma text  but tabloid quality filled with thrash. And so thrash is where it should belong!

Lineageholder

« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2014, 08:55:28 AM »
The only positive thing I can think to say about the Dalai Lama is that as a result of his teachings and books, many people have taken an interest in Buddhism, however on another level we can see how much harm he has done by mixing Dharma and politics and through his hypocritical sectarian agenda. It's very sad. We need to have compassion for him whilst completely opposing the political and selfish agenda seems to be following. I don't like his tacit support for the self immolations. The Dalai Lama is supporting violence while at the same time verbally disassociating himself from it. It's such hypocrisy.

icy

« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2014, 09:37:46 AM »
CTA made Gaden Shartse Abot and senior sanghas who conspired in the publishing of the anti-Shugden dharma text absolute fools.  Gaden Shartse Abot prefers to remain politically correct and be CTA's puppet by manipulating and twisting a true authentic history and lineage of Dorje Shugden.  This is an acute attack on his scholarly logic which Gaden Monastery is world renown.  What a shame Gaden Monastery is down-graded through his act and leadership.  This is certainly the first ever happening in the history of Gaden.