Author Topic: NEW ARTICLE! The Four Great Sera Mey Lamas  (Read 7080 times)

DharmaDefender

NEW ARTICLE! The Four Great Sera Mey Lamas
« on: August 20, 2013, 12:02:43 AM »
Interesting...all four lamas practised Dorje Shugden, VOLUNTARILY. Hey if Dorje Shugden is good enough for these guys, hes good enough for me! Correct me if Im wrong please - if your an abbot, that means the Dalai Lama had to approve you for the role, didnt he? So how comes His Holiness didnt know these lamas were still practising? Hmm. Another Gaden Tripa incident?

http://www.dorjeshugden.com/all-articles/the-four-great-sera-mey-lamas/

Rinchen

• Global Moderator
Re: NEW ARTICLE! The Four Great Sera Mey Lamas
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2013, 09:08:41 PM »
Well said! If what the abbots are doing are really negative, why would they even have the opportunity to take on the role as an abbot in the first place. It is just ironic that they would be the head of a monastery if what they are practice are negative. They would not have been allowed to stay in the monastery as well.

I believe that the Dalai Lama definitely knows that they do practice Dorje Shugden, but the Dalai Lama knows that the practice is pure and beneficial. Hence, I would say that the Dalai Lama has bigger plans for both Dorje Shugden and the Gelug lineage.

vajrastorm

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2013, 03:06:23 PM »
Three of these great Lamas have been abbots of great monasteries - The Sera Mey Monastery and Gyuto Monastery. Gyalrong Kensur Thekchok was a close student of Kyabje Trijang Rinpoche and had literally hundreds of students (including High Lamas) seeking him out for teachings daily. Kensur Rinpoche Jetsun Lobsang Ngodrub was also a devoted student of Kyabje Trijang Rinpoche and well respected fro his knowledge, practice and Guru Devotion. Gyuto Kensur Tenzin Sherab was famous for his sutra and tantra practice.

Geshe Lobsang Phende, Root Guru of Gyutu Kensur Tenzin Sherab inspires by his sincerity, humility and ascetic practice.One remembers with awe that he had to bear many years of imprisonment by the communist government. Then he became sick with cancer. Yet,in the face of his sickness, he said he needed to engage in more practices. He died staying in clear light for three days.   

All four of these highly inspiring and well respected great masters were devoted Shugden practitioners!

samayakeeper

• Email
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2013, 11:10:25 AM »
I think there could be many more of such great lamas who are staying quiet and humbly doing their own dharma practices and passing on the practices of Dorje Shugden to their students. For whatever good reasons all these great Dorje Shugden lamas are ensuring the teachings of Je Rinpoche continue with the protection of Dorje Shugden. Perhaps after the ban is lifted, some of these great lamas may reveal their identity.

Rinchen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2013, 11:39:56 PM »
I really hope that soon the ban would be down. Then, just like what samayakeeper has said, some great monks would be able to reveal their identity without having to worry about breaking the vows they took or even breaking promises that they have made to their Gurus.

By that time, they would not have to worry about anything.

DharmaSpace

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2013, 06:05:31 PM »
Rinchen I feel that in this great 'play' some of the great monks have to reveal themselves to show that Dorje Shugden is a Buddha and is capable to help us and spread the buddha dharma. At the same time there those great monks who have stayed 'behind' to make sure that the Gelug institutions do not descend into anarchy and to hold the 'fort'. For those who have abandoned Dorje Shugden or do now know of Dorje Shugden they also need spiritual guidance.

Dondrup Shugden

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2015, 10:58:09 AM »
Personally I think all great lamas practises Dorje Shugden.  Mathematically the ban is on for the last 20 years and great lamas (except for incarnates of great masters) are in their 50s and as such already been practising for some time.

Such a shame to have to hide and not permit the Je Tsongkapa doctrine to grow leaps and bounds.  As DS is the protector of Je Tsongkapa doctrine and is banned, what do you expect?

MoMo

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2015, 02:13:23 PM »
Great monastery such as Sera Mey  with it’s long line of  history of producing  Great Attained Masters. The most contemporary ones that we know of was the Great Pabongka Dorje Chang  that most of us take his Lamrim teachings from . The moment you open his book “Liberation in the Palm of Your Hand”, you are propitiate the Great Master  and his protector , Dorje Shugden . How could you take his teachings and disparaged the protector he advocates as a spirit. That does not make any sense to me !    8)