Author Topic: German Television 1997  (Read 9044 times)

godi

German Television 1997
« on: May 31, 2008, 09:46:50 AM »
This 15 min report from german television will be deleted shortly from their archive. Can anyone save it?

http://daserste.ndr.de/panorama/media/dalailama74.html

Thanks

Demian

• Email
Re: German Television 1997
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2008, 11:29:14 AM »
I think you have to contact whoever holds the ownership or copyright and buy it from their archives. How do you know that it will be removed and why since it is there since 1997?

Is it about Dorje Shugden?

beggar

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2008, 01:04:33 PM »

Thank you very much for this link Godi!

It would indeed be very beneficial to save this document, which seems as relevant today as it was in 1997 when it was made, thorough and professional.

See for example the bit about paragraph 63 in the Tibetan constitution that was changed from: TO WORK IN THE JUSTICE DEPARTMENT ONE HAS TO BE TIBETAN, to TO WORK IN THE JUSTICE DEPARTMENT ONE HAS TO BE TIBETAN AND CANNOT PRACTICE DORJE SHUGDEN, after the ban which, whatever one chooses to call it, is very much a ban as such documents prove beyond the shadow of a doubt.
Or the one where Tibetans are asked to find out about Dorje Shugden practitioners, make a list with their addresses, keep the original and send them a copy (keep the original... so that if the govt. find themselves in a tight corner they can deny it and point the finger back to the spies?).
It is also clearly stated in the footage that from Minister down to nurse no Dorje Shugden practitioner will get a job...

Could everybody please ask around as soon as possible how saving such documents can be achieved technically and share it here?

I think this is becoming more and more important. This link here for example has enormous convincing power simply because it has been done by one of the major German TV channels. That it is done very well helps of course. The document presents a round picture from 'Tibet was never Shangri La' - the beginning - till the end, where the chief editor of the (now defunct-by-courtesy-of-the-tibt.govt.) newspaper called 'Democracy' (should have thought of a less offensive name i guess!) recounts how the paper has been shut down after reporting critically about the Dalai Lama's giving up of Tibetan independence (that means FREE TIBET IS NO MORE AN OPTION for all who haven't grasped it yet), for which neither any parliament nor much less any part of the Tibetan people were consulted.

Techno nerds please unite and help us rusty old folks with your expertise.

Thanks!
beggar

a friend

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2008, 04:01:43 PM »
PLEASE BEGGAR COULD YOU BUY IT FROM THE GERMAN TV CHANNEL IF WE DON'T FIND THE WAY TO SAVE IT? I'M SURE SEVERAL OF US WOULD BE READY TO CONTRIBUTE.

IT'S URGENT TO ACCUMULATE THESE MATERIALS BEFORE THEY DISAPPEAR.

Mohani

• duldzin
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2008, 04:28:32 PM »
I have saved it to my hard drive, but it is a strange format and i haven't worked out how to convert it so it can be posted elsewhere. I down loaded it using Realplayer, which is free and good for downloading alot of web video's.

Heartspoon

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2008, 05:57:58 PM »
You should have a look at the Internet Archive:

http://www.archive.org/index.php

yogini

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2008, 08:22:47 AM »
I have asked a friend to save it, I let you know if he manages to do so.

yogini

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2008, 08:38:48 AM »
A few different people on youtube have already saved it:

Small | Large

yogini

« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2008, 12:58:10 PM »

many of those demonstrators are demonstrating again =:))

We need a streaming video recorder, there are many. I downloaded it with "WM recorder" (demo) but I cannot play it, either it has a strange format and it should be changed or it is compressed with an unusual codec that does not download. Perhaps the firewall and other security programmes that i have in my computer do not allow the automatic downloading of that codec. I do not have much time to check into all those configurations now.

Another way is to use a screen capture software, but the quality is poor.

In this web you an find more info, i´ll ask in the forum there and see if someone there is interested in doing it. I have no much time...: http://all-streaming-media.com/record-video-from-screen/screen-capture-software.htm

Robert Thomas

« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2008, 01:22:04 PM »
Hi there,

I don't know if you have iTV or any other TV software for your computer? If you can make it play on one of those, it is possible to save it as a regular mpeg4 file?

Just a thought

Robert

yogini

« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2008, 07:43:57 PM »

Okay, there are some streaming videos that are non-recordable for different reasons, I am not sure why this one is non-recordable, maybe is because is DRMed  (DRM protected, Digital Restrictions Management). However, these videos can be captured in two ways: The “screen capture software” does not produce very good quality output, but the “screen recording software” does.

I tried with this screen recording program and the quality is excellent and the files are very small: http://www.zdsoft.com/screen-recorder/

It can record the audio too, although when I tried it did not. But then it could be recorded separately and then join both.

This program was freeware but not now. Maybe there is a free and good one out there. I tried various others things but all had problems.

If the reason why is non recordable is because is DRMed, there is software like Sound Taxi Platinum that unprotects DRM videos. I think there is a controverys wether it is legal or not to unprotect them but I am not well informed and I have not tried it.

http://undrm.info/remove-DRM-protection/SoundTaxi-Convert-DRM-protected-music-from-Windows-Media-Player-iTunes-Napster-Yahoo-Music-Rhapsody.htm

Whoever is interested, the best would be to buy the Zd Soft screen recorder (here you can see nicely what it does: http://mini-stream.net/how-to-capture-non-recordable-streams-and-drm-protected-streams.html)

Good luck!

beggar

« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2008, 04:21:34 AM »

MANY THANKS FOR THE TRANSCRIPT GODI,
AND MANY THANKS FOR THE TECHNICAL TIPS YOGINI!