Author Topic: The Rebirth of Buddha  (Read 4272 times)

Q

The Rebirth of Buddha
« on: June 06, 2013, 06:07:28 PM »
So... I was browsing Youtube today about the Buddha and guess what I found... An animation about the rebirth of Buddha. Of course, it's not an actual fact kind of animation, more of an entertainment purpose cartoon... but I thought it is rather cool that there are cartoons like these that children can watch, enjoy and at the same time learn a little bit about the Buddha, Dharma and Sangha.

The Rebirth of Buddha

Do let your kids watch it, within the cartoon the rebirth of Buddha talks about reincarnation, the 3 poisons etc. Quite interesting, not all is accurate example the explanation on samsara and the 6 realms, but either than that, I think it's pretty educational (and fun too!)

Happy watching!

Ensapa

• Email
Re: The Rebirth of Buddha
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2013, 10:02:59 AM »
This is a nice anime indeed. The japanese is known for their love of anime and using them in almost every aspect of life and to explain even instruction manuals. I'd known that eventually they will use anime to describe rebirth, karma and the like as it is only a matter of time. Japan itself has many different Buddhist traditions, and each has their own unique way of adapting the Dharma in daily life. So the concept is carried on with an anime and it can be taught to younger generations is a more creative manner.

Speaking of anime, what will happen if Buddha and Jesus were to descend onto earth incognito and become housemates in Japan?

http://mangafox.me/manga/saint_oniisan/