Author Topic: Just in: Tenzing Jigme is elected new TYC President, Tamding Schoe is new VP  (Read 5539 times)

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
Largest pro-independence group.... with the recent news that TYC apologised to the Dalai Lama - are they going to change their stance? Are they going to stop being pro-independence and support the Dalai Lama's call for autonomy instead?

Will they champion the lifting of the ban? Since Dorje Shugden is claimed to be in the way of independence, if the call for independence stops, will the ban stop too?

Don't we live in interesting times?

Just in: Tenzing Jigme is elected new TYC President, Tamding Schoe is new VP
Phayul - June 01, 2013 20:04
http://www.phayul.com/mobile/?page=view&c=1&id=33525

Tenzing Jigme, newly elected TYC President.

DHARAMSHALA, June 1: The largest pro-independence group in exile, Tibetan Youth Congress today elected its new executive members on the final day of their 15th General Body Meeting.

Tenzing Jigme from Minnesota, US, has been elected the new president while Tamding Sichoe from Pokhara, Kathmandu is the vice-president. Tashi Lamsang from Dharamshala has been elected the new general secretary, making up the three top posts in the ten-member executive committee.

Tenzing Jigme, a long time activist is currently the President of the Minnesota regional chapter of TYC. He takes over from Tsewang Rigzin, who served two consecutive terms as president of the largest Tibetan NGO.

The six-day GBM, TYC’s highest decision making body, was held in the exile headquarters of Dharamshala from May 27 – June 1. More than 130 Tibetan youth activists representing over 40 regional chapters from all over the world attended the meeting held every three years.
Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

Namdrol

• Email
New TYC President Tenzing Jigme prays before a portrait of Dalai Lama, since he is paying so much respect to Dalai Lama, I supposed he will also match his action with following 100% what the Dalai Lama said, which is to forsake TYC's pro-independence stance, is it?

Ensapa

• Email
New TYC President Tenzing Jigme prays before a portrait of Dalai Lama, since he is paying so much respect to Dalai Lama, I supposed he will also match his action with following 100% what the Dalai Lama said, which is to forsake TYC's pro-independence stance, is it?

He's apologized to the Dalai Lama so far, but there's no indication anywhere where TYC would give up their fight for independence at all. This is very interesting because it exposes another layer of hypocrisy amongst the tibetans as they would be selective about what to follow the Dalai Lama on. Obviously, the TYC is very anti Dorje Shugden, but at the same time does not like Nechung and disregards the Dalai Lama's advice on going for middle way instead of just following his will. Why now? TYC is considered as a radical group by many, and it is pretty amusing to see how they turncoat against CTA and Dalai Lama and sabotage the Tibetan cause by their selfish and short sighted actions.

dsiluvu

This is indeed getting very exciting to see what the outcome will be. If the new TYC President is so respectful towards HHDL and sees HHDL as Chenrezig, then they would foolow 100% HHDL decision for the middle way. Hence no independence.

But if the decide to still pursue to fight aggressively although they claim in a "non-violence" way... then it would simply tell the world how Tibetans are just people who are hypocritical, from their own Govt in exile the CTA right up to their people... they do one thing in front and at the back they do another. So I really do not get it at this moment just where exactly do they stand.

If they really do believe in HHDL then do it all the way. If they can agree with the discriminating BAN of Dorje Shudgen then why not agree with the Middle way policy... both is followign HHDL wishes, NO? Whatever the case is, to me it just shows how Tibetans are so flippant with their faith, dharma and even loyalty! Times of the degenerates unfortunately!

Ensapa

• Email
This is indeed getting very exciting to see what the outcome will be. If the new TYC President is so respectful towards HHDL and sees HHDL as Chenrezig, then they would foolow 100% HHDL decision for the middle way. Hence no independence.

But if the decide to still pursue to fight aggressively although they claim in a "non-violence" way... then it would simply tell the world how Tibetans are just people who are hypocritical, from their own Govt in exile the CTA right up to their people... they do one thing in front and at the back they do another. So I really do not get it at this moment just where exactly do they stand.

If they really do believe in HHDL then do it all the way. If they can agree with the discriminating BAN of Dorje Shudgen then why not agree with the Middle way policy... both is followign HHDL wishes, NO? Whatever the case is, to me it just shows how Tibetans are so flippant with their faith, dharma and even loyalty! Times of the degenerates unfortunately!

I'm not holding my breath to see the self immolations and for those free Tibet rallies to stop. Why get injis who know almost nothing about the situation and who are suffering from the white knight syndrome to support them? Most of them injis know nothing about Tibetans, their culture, the history or anything constructive that they can contribute to the actual liberation of Tibet. Most of thema re just there because they think that a country should not be occupied but not the actual details, like such as, whether or not CTA is a competent enough government to actually take care of Tibet proper and not just a congregation of people who just want power. Nobody needs to take responsibility if Tibet gets worse if CTA takes over, after all.

vajratruth

• Global Moderator
I think for Tenzing Jigme to pay his respects before the portrait of the Dalai Lama is fine.  After all you can oppose the Dalai Lama's policies without opposing the person himself or the symbol he represents, which is the Tibetan people. In addition, the Dalai Lama does still hold a spiritual significance. I think this may be a sign of a maturing Tibetan society that is learning to stand up for what it believes in, without compromising on their traditional values which is respect for their spiritual tradition. I certainly hope this is the case here. Otherwise there is no other explanation other than that Tenzing Jigme is an outright hypocrite. I would like to give him the benefit of a doubt.

In the same vein the new TYC President should realize that one can respect the Dalai Lama and yet oppose his ban on Dorje Shugden and that to oppose the ban does not mean that a Shugden practitioners wishes the Dalai Lama ill, or for the Tibetan cause to fail. The whole idea of democracy is that the people are entitled to different opinions and whilst they may not agree on everything, the one thing they must agree on is that no one's basic right is to be trampled on.

It is also interesting that the TYC members elected a President who is from the United States of America just as the Sikyong Dr Lobsang Sangay is. Perhaps this is an indication that finally the Tibetan realize that their local talent is not up to par. I do hope that Tenzing Jigme shows more mettle than the Sikyong in doing what is right with regards to the Shugden ban. The TYC after all, were very instrumental in carrying out the persecutions of Shugden practitioners and even carried out door-to-door searches based on the decision of a leader whose policy the TYC now challenge and the advice of Nechung whom they have already said they no longer trust.

Ensapa

• Email
I think for Tenzing Jigme to pay his respects before the portrait of the Dalai Lama is fine.  After all you can oppose the Dalai Lama's policies without opposing the person himself or the symbol he represents, which is the Tibetan people. In addition, the Dalai Lama does still hold a spiritual significance. I think this may be a sign of a maturing Tibetan society that is learning to stand up for what it believes in, without compromising on their traditional values which is respect for their spiritual tradition. I certainly hope this is the case here. Otherwise there is no other explanation other than that Tenzing Jigme is an outright hypocrite. I would like to give him the benefit of a doubt.

In the same vein the new TYC President should realize that one can respect the Dalai Lama and yet oppose his ban on Dorje Shugden and that to oppose the ban does not mean that a Shugden practitioners wishes the Dalai Lama ill, or for the Tibetan cause to fail. The whole idea of democracy is that the people are entitled to different opinions and whilst they may not agree on everything, the one thing they must agree on is that no one's basic right is to be trampled on.

It is also interesting that the TYC members elected a President who is from the United States of America just as the Sikyong Dr Lobsang Sangay is. Perhaps this is an indication that finally the Tibetan realize that their local talent is not up to par. I do hope that Tenzing Jigme shows more mettle than the Sikyong in doing what is right with regards to the Shugden ban. The TYC after all, were very instrumental in carrying out the persecutions of Shugden practitioners and even carried out door-to-door searches based on the decision of a leader whose policy the TYC now challenge and the advice of Nechung whom they have already said they no longer trust.

There is no problem at all with the TYC paying respects to HHDL and opposing his policies at the same time, unless they have a Guru-disciple relationship, but even so it makes them look hypocritical. HHDL believes in Nechung and his predictions, but TYC does not. HHDL wants the middle way approach, but TYC wants full independence. HHDL puts a ban on Dorje Shugden, TYC goes around murdering high lamas and threatening people to stop. The self immolations upsets the Dalai Lama, yet TYC continues to incite more and more of them with the belief that it will put international pressure on China to release Tibet when all it does is make China more and more angry with CTA and the Dalai Lama. So, TYC's act of paying respect to HHDL is hypocritical because they dont even support his policies to begin with.