Author Topic: Dharma Games  (Read 7247 times)

sonamdhargey

Dharma Games
« on: April 21, 2013, 03:00:56 PM »
I found a site that has some dharma games. These games would  be useful and educational for kids and it can instill dharma values in them.

See more here: www.dharmagames.org/

Benny

Re: Dharma Games
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2013, 04:37:19 PM »
Thank you , Sonamdhargey for sharing these sites , they are perfect for my little girl . She is really growing up fast in the world flooded with smart phones and other gadgets that have even adults are fixated over the games , most of which does not have much intrinsic values.

Now , with DharmaGames , I think many of our young or even adults can entertain themselves whilst learning some Dharma . Totally , refreshing idea and excellent effort by some really caring people. I would really support their efforts , I think they deserve to succeed in this endeavor. Well , as the saying goes , if you cant beat them , join them ! Well , at least there is something to be learnt rather than just mindless entertainment , like shoot em up games that promotes violence .

samayakeeper

• Email
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2013, 01:31:46 AM »
Good site for growing up children to learn dharma while playing their favorite games rather than playing online games without learning much or hanging out at malls. It is important now at this time and age for children to learn dharma and what a better way for them to do so since nowadays most children are glued to their seats playing online games.

Jessie Fong

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2013, 04:34:57 AM »
This site may cater to children since it is simple games but it may attract adults too (the "older" children) who may want to take the simple steps to learn about Dharma.

It is a good idea to attract kids to the site, so that while they are engaged in playing the games they are also exposed to teachings.

diablo1974

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2013, 05:12:02 AM »
Its a good initiative from the people who have created this site. i think it suits the younger age group where they just started to polish their motor skills. For older boys and girls, this might not look appealing to them as they are many other great games out  in the market for free. But of course there's a difference this is dharma game....but i do not think the boys and girls cares unless they are guided by their parents or guardians.

rossoneri

• Email
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2013, 06:32:27 AM »
Its very good for this group of people i assumed to come up with a online game specifically focus on Buddhism. Not only it'll help some of us like me to refresh some of our fundamental knowledge in Buddhism but it also will be able to attract younger generation. But all these effort could be wasted if this Dharma Games site wasn't well maintain and with proper exposure in the main stream portal.

Aurore

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2013, 03:28:20 PM »
The whole site and design is quite amateurish and outdated. Am not doubting their efforts but it would be great to see Dharma games done in professional 3D, modern and in the current platforms such as iPad, Android, etc. With good motivation, it is also good if it appeals and able to reach out to people. Then only it can be beneficial.

sonamdhargey

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2013, 02:08:03 PM »
Games to be in professional 3D will cost a lot to develop and developers design games that will appeal to the masses. If there is no financial support to develop Buddhist games, then how is it that these Buddhist games will ever reach Hi-Tech level with 3D platforms and it has to appeal to the masses. If it is not appealing to the masses, spending a lot of money developing it and maintaining it will be a problem as these games needs financial backing to be able to stay afloat.