Author Topic: Claims of Re-incarnation of 15th Dalai Lama in Senapati  (Read 7739 times)

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
Claims of Re-incarnation of 15th Dalai Lama in Senapati
« on: March 18, 2013, 05:46:48 PM »
Just something amusing... i mean i know that Buddhas can manifest in many different times and ways but i personally find this a little unbelievable...

Claims of Re-incarnation of 15th Dalai Lama in Senapati
http://www.morungexpress.com/regional/92922.html
Sadim Pukhri, March 17:  A new story of reincarnation claims of the 15th Dalai Lama has emerged from Sadim Pukhri Village, Lama Bosti under Tadubi sub-division south west of Senapati District in Manipur. Family sources of Pasang Sherpa aged 25 years, s/o Pemba Sherpa, have claimed that the spiritual changes and uniqueness of their son’s behavior related to Dalai Lama’s principles and Buddhist religious works began on August 5, 2012. Pasang is the eldest son among five brothers and three sisters and belongs to Nepali community. Since that transformation day, he has constructed his own Gumbah (place where the lama performs spiritual/religious rituals) and has been performing miracles on different Buddhist works.

Family sources have claimed that the first signs of the re-incarnation appeared when he went to take care of the cows, after crossing a small stream and experienced a physical, spiritual change on August 5, 2012. After that day, Pasang Sherpa shivered and fasted for five days. Since then, Pasang has began writing and talking in the Tibetan dialect, Chinese script, Buddhist spiritual writings on Flags and even created a statue of Buddha and has been constantly reading Pastu (holy book). He has also begun receiving visitor; mostly sick people and curious Buddhist devotees from different parts of the State.

He has claimed that an inner voice that controls his behaviors and everyday life has also announced that, he will be very soon taken away from his present birth place to be returned again.

Like the Buddhist doctrine, Pasang preaches non-violence, protection of any living being, promotion of peace and harmony. He has even asked his family members to stop all their agricultural works and survive with assistance from family relatives. Some of the family members have also stated that their efforts to recognize the new emerging spiritual leader has become a challenge as some media group has refused to accept the story of re-incarnation. More details are awaited.

As per the Himalayan tradition, Phowa (Tibetan) is the discipline that transfers the midstream to the intended body. Upon the death of the Dalai Lama and consultation with the Nechung Oracle, a search for the Lama's reincarnation, or yangsi (yang srid), is conducted. Traditionally, it has been the responsibility of the High Lamas of the Gelugpa Tradition and the Tibetan government to find his reincarnation. The process can take around two or three years to identify the Dalai Lama, and for the 14th, Tenzin Gyatso, it was four years before he was found.
Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

Big Uncle

Re: Claims of Re-incarnation of 15th Dalai Lama in Senapati
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2013, 01:41:54 PM »
Actually, there were cases of this happening before. It is believed that a person imbued with Tantric and practice is able to perform powa, in which the mind can be transferred to a freshly dead body. I am not sure if this is myth but I have read about this in old Tibet. Besides that, there is also the possibility that a highly-evolved tulku is able to emanate into another body without dying first. This is of course an ability that is seldom displayed and I am not sure why but I guess it is the lack of merits from the part of the student for the Lama to exhibit such powers because that would mean the formative years of the Tulku can be spent while the Lama's previous life is still alive. That's how I see it.

WisdomBeing

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2013, 06:24:35 PM »
Actually i was thinking that Emperor Kangxi (1654 – 1722) is said to be an incarnation of Dorje Shugden, but Tulku Drakpa Gyaltsen (1619–1656) passed away two years AFTER Emperor Kangxi was born. Perhaps this is what you meant by Tulkus being able to emanate into another body without dying first. What do you think?

brian

• Email
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2013, 02:26:58 AM »
Well, we will have to wait for more development to this story then. Unless this boy is being recognised formally by the High Lamas, all would still doubt him as the 15th reincarnation of Dalai Lama. Wait a minute, I suppose  thee will be some questions and interviews going to be asked on the boy not forgetting numerous tests before the boy can be determined as the 15th reincarnation of Dalai Lama. Probably the best person that we can ask would be te 14th Dalai Lama himself eh?

Positive Change

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2013, 01:01:42 PM »
Actually i was thinking that Emperor Kangxi (1654 – 1722) is said to be an incarnation of Dorje Shugden, but Tulku Drakpa Gyaltsen (1619–1656) passed away two years AFTER Emperor Kangxi was born. Perhaps this is what you meant by Tulkus being able to emanate into another body without dying first. What do you think?

Interesting indeed... Enlightened beings can indeed have various emanations simultaneously so I don't see why it should be of the same timeline... I am sure it could be of different timelines and dimensions even. When one is not limited or confined within normal perception or convention... everything is possible I assume!

Hence death is just a relative word we "mortals" use... and as such has no bearing for an enlightened one... :)

WisdomBeing

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2013, 07:57:03 PM »
Yes i would be curious what the 14th Dalai Lama would say to the 15th Dalai Lama walking around! Personally, until the 14th Dalai Lama confirms this rumor, i will just leave it as a pure rumor! The boy may have Dharma imprints from a previous life but nobody - no high lama - has confirmed that he is even a Rinpoche or a tulku, let alone the incarnation of the Dalai Lama!

samayakeeper

• Email
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2013, 03:57:56 AM »
How interesting for the parents to claim such of their their son. Showing compassion and wisdom do not equate that a being is an emanation of another great being without proper protocol accorded in the search and tests of a tulku. It is common to hear of many families claiming their child to be special and an incarnation of this or that lama.

If this is true, HHDL would have sent people from his office to investigate this claim.

fruven

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2013, 05:59:55 PM »
I am glad that this person is benefiting the families and people around him. One doesn't really need to put a name on oneself while benefiting others. Perhaps for the purpose of easier accessibility for others to find us for help. Anyone is able to practice the path towards full enlightenment rigorously and being born again continuing carrying out the promise. However as to claim of who he was I think it is secondary because in this new life one needs to show and proof that he is capable to achieve whatever he intends to. Reputation and respect will naturally follows him and people will come to recognize by his qualities instead of whatever former life's deeds.  ;)

DS Star

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2013, 10:27:58 PM »

Good points WisdomBeing. Yes this is possible for very highly attained Lamas or Vajra Masters, in this case HH the 14th Dalai Lama who is definitely qualified to perform it. The question is, however, the current Dalai Lama has not confirmed this and neither is any other highly respected lamas.

Though the young man has shown his 'compassionate' side, it is very difficult for him to prove he is the 15th Dala Lama. This is going to be a very long 'battle' for this young man.

sonamdhargey

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2013, 01:38:39 PM »
What the family claimed are just what they believed. Why they claimed his son as a 15th Dalai Lama because of certain similarity does not mean it is. I do not deny the fact that highly attained masters can manifest to another body while still alive. Whatever it is according the the family this boy is promoting peace and harmony which is great!

brian

• Email
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2013, 02:44:15 AM »
If the young man is really the reincarnation of the 14th Dalai Lama, I think by now the man would have been visited by monks from monasteries and start to check him out before doing the necessaries.  I believe the man will have to undergo a series of tests and also will be checked by the High Lamas to authenticate this reincarnation. Probably they just consult the Dalai Lama himself.

My question to this is that is it possible that for a reincarnation to be found so late in his life as a reincarnation? Usually we see boys/babies being identified as reincarnation way before they enter their schooling days. Probably it is because this is a different case since the Dalai Lama current reincarnation is still around, therefore search for the other reincarnation(s) is unnecessary. ..