Author Topic: Rabgyä Rinpoche Celebrates His 25th Birthday  (Read 9549 times)

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
Rabgyä Rinpoche Celebrates His 25th Birthday
« on: February 17, 2013, 05:35:47 PM »
Just saw this article on Rabgyä Rinpoche's 25th Birthday! Yet another great Dorje Shugden lama is coming of age. Together with HH Trijang Rinpoche, HH Zong Rinpoche, these great Dorje Shugden lamas prove that they are attained masters and will come back again life after life to continue their bodhisattiva lives of teaching Dharma and benefiting others. Isn't it wonderful!

Rabgyä Rinpoche Celebrates His 25th Birthday
http://www.dorjeshugden.com/all-articles/news/rabgya-rinpoche-celebrates-his-25th-birthday/

“This manifestation of the Buddha has no equal. If you are really determined to tame your mind, he will even give you his heart.”

Geshe Rabten about Gyalchen Dorje Shugden

Just before the end of last year, the young incarnation of Geshe Rabten, now known as Ven. Tenzin Rabgyä Rinpoche, celebrated his 25th birthday in the splendid, blessed company of other very high lamas.

The birthday celebration was held on November 4, 2012, in Rabten Choeling Monastery, at Le Mont-Pèlerin, Switzerland. Gonsar Rinpoche and many Dorje Shugden lamas were also in attendance at this auspicious event, including Geshe Tsultrim, a scholar from Gaden Jangtse, Geshe Thubten Trinley, and Geshe Buga. There was even a traditional lion dance to celebrate this event.

The previous incarnation, Geshe Rabten Rinpoche, was a truly erudite and highly attained Gelugpa master and Dorje Shugden lama. Born in Tibet in 1920, he studied and taught at Sera Je Monastery in Lhasa before he left Tibet with H.H. the Dalai Lama in 1959. In 1964, H.H.  the Dalai Lama selected Geshe Rabten Rinpoche and the Venerable Lati Rinpoche out of hundreds of Geshes to become his new Tsenshabs (philosophical assistants/debate partners).

Geshe Rabten had many outstanding disciples, including Lama Thubten Yeshe, Lama Zopa Rinpoche, Thomtok Rinpoche, Geshe Pemba, Geshe Thubten Trinley, Geshe Tenzin Gonpo and Geshe Thubten Ngawang among others. The very well-known Gonsar Rinpoche of Switzerland – who has risen to become one of the most prominent lamas of the west with a huge student following – was among his closest disciples. Geshe Rabten was eventually sent by the Dalai Lama to teach in the West and founded Tharpa Choeling Center (now known as Rabten Choeling) for Higher Buddhist Studies in Switzerland in 1979, where he resided as a full-time spiritual director before he passed away in 1986.

Three years after he entered clear light, his close disciple H.E. Gonsar Rinpoche found Geshe Rabten’s incarnation who was known as Kelsang Tsering, the son of Mr. Tenzin Dargye and Mrs. Pasang Gyalmo. Kelsang Tsering was confirmed as the true incarnation of Geshe Rabten Rinpoche by many different lamas, including H.H. the Dalai Lama himself. Kelsang Tsering was given the name Ven. Tenzin Rabgyä Rinpoche and now lives at Rabten Choeling under the tutelage and care of H.E. Gonsar Rinpoche

All of us at DorjeShugden.com join in the celebration of the birthday of this young incarnation of a great Dorje Shugden lama, who will continue the great works of his previous life as he comes of age. May Ven. Rabgyä Rinpoche always have long life and excellent health, and may all his teachings and practices bring the blessings of the lineage to millions.

We rejoice to share with you some photos taken during the birthday celebrations.

References:

http://www.fpmt.org/teachers/lineage-lamas/493-rabten.html
http://www.facebook.com/rabtenchodarling

Here are a few photos, but see more on the article itself:

Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

DSFriend

Re: Rabgyä Rinpoche Celebrates His 25th Birthday
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2013, 06:38:19 PM »
Thanks Wisdom Being for pointing out this article! Such happy pictures of Rabgya Rinpoche celebrating his 25th together with so many sangha members and high lamas in Rabten Choeling Monastery which seems to be the common location for Dorje Shugden high lamas to congregate. :)

It is sad that many are being ostrasized back in India and dividing walls are still standing strong. May many draw strength and hope from these high lamas who openly practices in the west. How obvious can it be that these great masters' faith are not affected at all by the ban. How obvious can it be that the ban is wrong. What is obvious to me is that the ban and the dividing walls will be crumbling down soon!

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2013, 05:40:31 AM »
And another Dorje Shugden tulku returns to serve all sentient beings and resume the works from his previous life. It is amazing that at such a young age he already has a headstart in is Dharma career. It is truly wonderful and heart warming to see so many people celebrating his birthday and offering him body speech and mind offering. These pictures is a testament that Dorje Shugden practitioners will never be silenced, ever, even if they are ostracized or put down in difficult situations because there is just no way to silence a powerful Dharma protector who works for the growth of the Dharma in general.

(admins please delete the previous post as it was an accident)

WisdomBeing

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2013, 11:17:41 AM »
I would just like to share that Geshe Rabten's biography is on FPMT's website still http://www.fpmt.org/teachers/lineage-lamas/493-rabten.html even though he was a Dorje Shugden practitioner in his previous and current incarnation. Though i guess if they removed everyone who practiced Dorje Shugden, there would be NO lineage masters at FPMT!

Namdrol

• Email
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2013, 01:24:20 AM »
I love the last picture, Gonsar Rinpoche making offering to Rabgyä Rinpoche. Rabgyä Rinpoche's previous life, Geshe Rabten, was Gonsar Rinpoche's guru, after Geshe Rabten reincarnated, Gonsar Rinpoche took great care of the incarnation and nurture him until today where he is ready to continue his previous life's great work again. Gonsar Rinpoche is such a wonderful lama.

Not forgetting that after Rabgyä Rinpoche, Zong Rinpoche, Trijang Rinpoche, there is also great Dorje Shugden lama like the young Domo Geshe Rinpoche getting ready to fill in the "gap" after them, Dorje Shugden lineage is unbroken and continues on and on, rejoice!

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2013, 04:49:54 AM »
I would just like to share that Geshe Rabten's biography is on FPMT's website still http://www.fpmt.org/teachers/lineage-lamas/493-rabten.html even though he was a Dorje Shugden practitioner in his previous and current incarnation. Though i guess if they removed everyone who practiced Dorje Shugden, there would be NO lineage masters at FPMT!

You're right! looks like their "No Dorje Shugden practitioners allowed" sign does not apply to high Lamas! hehehe! Why the double standard, FPMT? This is so weird. Can FPMT explain this phenomena? Why do they have Dorje Shugden Lamas listed as their lineage Gurus when they dont like Dorje Shugden? Wouldnt that make FPMT tainted? Why has the Dalai Lama not commented on this? And more interestingly, why has the FPMT members not speak anything about this at all? So many questions, so little answers, and so little clues to what is going on. Can FPMT make up their mind and can they get rid of their double standard? Hmmm

Big Uncle

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2013, 06:24:35 AM »

Thank you Wisdom Being. That's interesting and doesn't that make Geshe Rabten one of the lineage lamas and the very fact FPMT has renounced Dorje Shugden means they are going against their lineage practice. I think that is not very good for the center's samaya. This along with the fact that Lama Yeshe too was a great practitioner of Dorje Shugden. Too bad and this is most likely the contributing factor to why Lama Osel stayed away all these years. Hence, the very fact that Lama Osel is showing up and picking up the pieces is very, very good sign to me that things might be changing very soon. This is just my gut feeling about things as how I perceive them to be.

Positive Change

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2013, 03:32:16 PM »
I rejoice that this new year has ushered in much good news. A young and seemingly influential Rabgyä Rinpoche could well join the ranks of the few emerging tulkus of this generation that is set to enrapture a younger and less traditional audience. I liken it to creating a different "ball game" for these degenerate times.

With regards to FPMT, I still cannot get my head around why they took the stance they did with regards to Dorje Shugden when clearly their lineage stems from such illustrious Dorje Shugden Lamas...

What is interesting to note however is that these so called "demon worshiping" tulkus are returning to continue to "serve" the Dharma and help guide us out of samsara. Who loses out in this equation? Perhaps mending one's samaya is in order?

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2013, 04:48:57 AM »
Thank you Wisdom Being. That's interesting and doesn't that make Geshe Rabten one of the lineage lamas and the very fact FPMT has renounced Dorje Shugden means they are going against their lineage practice. I think that is not very good for the center's samaya. This along with the fact that Lama Yeshe too was a great practitioner of Dorje Shugden. Too bad and this is most likely the contributing factor to why Lama Osel stayed away all these years. Hence, the very fact that Lama Osel is showing up and picking up the pieces is very, very good sign to me that things might be changing very soon. This is just my gut feeling about things as how I perceive them to be.

Let me just fill in the lines just a bit more: Lama Osel returned to teach at a FPMT center that is quite discreet (in india and the name FPMT does not even appear on the main page, unlike other FPMT centers) at the very same time that the Dalai Lama announced that he will stop condemning Shugden. All this could only mean possibly one thing: that ban will soon be lifted. I honestly believe that the ban will be lifted soon and the Dalai Lama is just waiting for the right time, or rather, he is preparing everyone to accept Dorje Shugden as their main Dharma protector, just as what the 16th Karmapa has predicted.

vajrastorm

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2013, 04:42:46 PM »
In the wake of the great news of Kyabje Choktrul Trijang Rinpoche turning thirty and starting to turn the wheel of Dharma , we now have yet another great piece of news! Rabgya Rinpoche, the incarnation of a highly attained Gelugpa master and Dorje Shugden lama - Geshe Rabten Rinpoche, - has also  come of age at 25. Venerable Tenzin Rabgya Rinpoche celebrated his 25th birthday, in November  last  year, in the presence of great luminaries and high lamas, in Rabten Choeling in Switzerland..

In fact, Rabgya Rinpoche had come under the tutelage and care of the great Master Gonsar Rinpoche, another devoted Shugden practitioner, from a young age. Gonsar Rinpoche had been the closest disciple of Geshe Rabten Rinpoche , and it is only fitting that he had taken his beloved teacher's incarnation under his wing.

Q

« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2013, 06:11:42 PM »
Great article! Great to see yet another DS lama has taken rebirth to continue benefiting others, and now has come of age. I was not aware of Rabgya Rinpoche until lately when He appeared near Trijang Rinpoche, which I saw in one of ds.com post on Trijang Rinpoche celebrating His 30th birthday.

Lol! Must agree with Wisdom Being for pointing out this point. I was not even aware that FPMT still have Geshe Rabten's biography in their website. DS is certainly well practiced prior to the ban for hundreds of years, it truly is difficult/impossible to 'eliminate' any trace of DS in any Tibetan Buddhist organization/monasteries especially if it is from the Gelug lineage. Just like what Wisdom being said, there would be NO lineage masters in these organizations if they removed everyone that practiced DS!

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2013, 04:13:05 AM »
Great article! Great to see yet another DS lama has taken rebirth to continue benefiting others, and now has come of age. I was not aware of Rabgya Rinpoche until lately when He appeared near Trijang Rinpoche, which I saw in one of ds.com post on Trijang Rinpoche celebrating His 30th birthday.

Lol! Must agree with Wisdom Being for pointing out this point. I was not even aware that FPMT still have Geshe Rabten's biography in their website. DS is certainly well practiced prior to the ban for hundreds of years, it truly is difficult/impossible to 'eliminate' any trace of DS in any Tibetan Buddhist organization/monasteries especially if it is from the Gelug lineage. Just like what Wisdom being said, there would be NO lineage masters in these organizations if they removed everyone that practiced DS!

Any center who declares themselves to be Gelug will have a link to Dorje Shugden, whether or not they want to admit it. There is just no way around that. Centers who claim otherwise are lying to themselves and to others for the sake of looking good. I mean, how can a center grow when they deny their lineage masters and where can the blessings come from? How can Dharma grow at a place where Guru devotion is not taught and where the importance of the Lineage Gurus are not stressed? FPMT may have texts from Pabongkha Rinpoche but have they ever invited or donated to him in this life? It is hypocritical to use Pabongkha Rinpoche's text now and then pretending that his current reincarnation does not exist.

WisdomBeing

« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2013, 02:49:16 PM »
What amazes me is that people are just so blind to the fact that the Gelugpa lineage IS the Dorje Shugden lineage. As HH Dalai Lama is part of the Gelugpa lineage, it is impossible to deconstruct the two. Any Gelugpa practitioner should be able to see that, yet there is so much resistance to Dorje Shugden. I have been bashed up on the Vajrayana (Tibetan) Buddhist facebook group for "promoting" Dorje Shugden when I have told the anti-Shugdenites that i am merely seeking to heal the rift. They say that i am out there to convert people when i am not! I just want Buddhists to be able to respect the rights of Dorje Shugden practitioners to simply practice and not be nasty and derogatory to us. As i have said there (and everywhere i can) - where is the loving kindness? Do we call ourselves Buddhists when we can be so nasty to a fellow Buddhist?

honeydakini

« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2013, 02:22:35 AM »
Kate,
thanks for sharing this article. I saw it up on the website too. These young lamas are so fascinating. How difficult it must be for them growing up in a community that has so much resistance and hatred towards them but they remain so steadfast in their practice. They have become not just incredible practitioners but now rising to become a new generation of teachers too.

All this got me thinking about how difficult it must be for practitioners like this to grow up separated from their lineage of teachers and their spiritual community. Imagine what it must be for the many hundreds of monks in the monasteries who may now be separated from their teachers only because of the ban. Hundreds of monks in Serpom and Shar Gaden, who held Trijang Rinpoche as their teachers, for example, don't even know if they will ever get to see the incarnation of their teacher again. how many of us could say that we would continue our practice with that much determination and focus if our teachers were no longer here, or if there were this many obstacles to us even being able to continue one of our practices?

honeydakini

« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2013, 02:37:36 AM »
What amazes me is that people are just so blind to the fact that the Gelugpa lineage IS the Dorje Shugden lineage. As HH Dalai Lama is part of the Gelugpa lineage, it is impossible to deconstruct the two. Any Gelugpa practitioner should be able to see that, yet there is so much resistance to Dorje Shugden.

What you said here also caught my eye just now, so I thought I would write a separate comment on this.

It is very strange that people could think that they can separate such an intrinsic part of a lineage and think that it doesn't affect all the rest of our practices. Also, it isn't just that we are told to stop the practice but told that it affects our most basic vows of refuge (since praying to what is supposedly a demon our basic refuge commitments of not seeking refuge in worldly beings) - so it would follow that this single practice (whether we continue it or we discontinue it) would have a very strong affect the rest of our practices and teachings wouldn't it?

This reminded me of that article that's on the website about how our whole lineage is rendered null and void when we deny the practice of Dorje Shugden. It's not about Dorje Shugden specifically, but about the illogic that arises from saying that this protector practice is incorrect and harmful to our refuge. The article is here: http://www.dorjeshugden.com/all-articles/the-controversy/has-the-gelug-lineage-lost-its-effectiveness/

It's worth reading through the whole article to see just how illogical the ban is and how damaging the consequences are by saying that it's a wrong practice. Here's a part that I think makes this point most clearly:

If we consider that Dorje Shugden practitioners have all broken their refuge and are no longer true Buddhists or true objects of refuge, then all these Geshes and high lamas are not qualified to teach in any way; their thousands of students over the last 350 years have been relying on unqualified sources and receiving teachings from impure teachers. Their students henceforth are therefore monks with no true basis of refuge… if they are monks at all now. In fact, Ordination vows passed on would be invalid. Therefore, it is possible that His Holiness the 14th Dalai Lama and thousands of monks in the three pillars are not truly ordained Sangha.

All the monks of the three pillars now are therefore continuing to receive scriptural and sutra teachings from incorrect, impure sources. Hence, there are no longer any pure, unbroken blessings or lineage in Gaden, Sera and Drepung today. If this is the case, the three monasteries should stop teaching immediately and close down completely. It would be very wrong to continue spreading broken lineages, broken samaya and teachings from unqualified teachers.