Author Topic: Pure view or Compassion?  (Read 13048 times)

Ensapa

• Email
Re: Pure view or Compassion?
« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2013, 04:32:50 AM »
Hi Ensapa, the comments about the ban being to provoke questions but nobody questioning the Dalai Lama, who wrote that?

Certainly the Dalai Lama has been questioned by many people regarding the ban, he just chose to ignore them.

As for your logic about examining the Guru beforehand, your thoughts are inconsistent here. I'm sure many people examined the Dalai Lama (I know some) beforehand, yet now look at the situation.

I was referring to his followers, actually, the hardcore ones, the CTA, the cabinets, his famous students, robert thurman etc. he has chosen to ignore many questions actually, there were many open letters to him by the Dorje Shugden charitable society, by Serkong Tritul's Dromtung Rinpoche and of course by Kundeling Rinpoche, but the point is nobody in his circle ever questioned him although he has repeatedly asked them to question even his advice.

I dont see that as inconsistent, because although to us the Dalai Lama has done a lot of damage, it could be that to those who have an affinity with the Dalai Lama his actions are right. Damage or not, it is relative according to one's perception. I do understand why we symphatize with other practitioners, but we have to not be biased at the same time.

Gabby Potter

Re: Pure view or Compassion?
« Reply #31 on: May 20, 2015, 09:42:44 AM »
In short, although we may not understand His Holiness the Dalai Lama's intention, but I don't think that it means His Holiness is wrong. I am a Dorje Shugden practitioner but I still would like to look at His Holiness's good sides. The things stated by Chokyi Dorje are in fact still happening but if we were to look at it from a different perspective, this is how much karma that needs to be purified in order to lift the ban so that the next generations will not have issues or problems doing Dorje Shugden's practise. This is how compassionate His Holiness the Dalai Lama is, I am sorry that if you do not agree with me but this is what I think. After all, this is a public platform opened for discussion. :)