Author Topic: Hello and thankyou  (Read 8082 times)

indolent1

Hello and thankyou
« on: November 10, 2007, 12:38:25 AM »
for the effort that's gone into this website which is very much appreciated.

Like many I have been upset and confused over the years, but just tried to keep looking at my mind and to keep faith in Dorje Shugden.

As a young man I spent some time in Dharamasala. It was before I was interested in Buddhism, but what struck me was the courage and cheerfulness of the Tibetans. I will never stop thanking them for the kindness and help they showered upon me. I owe them everying. Their patience and forebearance has inspired me ever since and is almost heartbreaking to think of.

It contrasted sharply with the desperation and bitterness in some of the Westerners studying there. Nowadays, having read a little of the destruction of Tibet, I share their devastation at the destruction of Tibetan society. However, it does seem that this emotion can often spill over into blaming anything at all. During my time in Dharamsala, it seemed to be the tourists that were despised for their perceived shallowness. Some were of the opinion that tourists shouldn't be allowed into Dharamasala at all since they were not serious enough and that something needed to be done to stop them coming.

It is almost as if we tend to get a feeling of "Tibet belongs to me. Only I understand the real Tibet." and we don't really want to allow others to share in it as we perceive them as dirtying it somehow. Or if they are going to share in it, then they must share in our perception of it.

Nothing for it but to keep trying to purify my mind with Dorje Shugden's blessings.

Thanks once again

Rihanna

Re: Hello and thankyou
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2013, 01:47:47 AM »
Dear indolent1, looking at the date you posted this, it dawned on me that this forum has been in existent for last 5 years, providing up to date and unbias information. I have only stumbled upon this forum about two years ago and has benefited not just me but my friends too as I was able to clear some of their doubts after following this forum. I especially like the online shop and have personally bought several items. My this site continue to benefit more as it did for me!

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2013, 05:05:19 AM »
Thank you Indolent1, although i am kind of aware that you would have left the forum by now, looking at the date, but no matter what it is, what is important is the content of the post. The original poster went to Dharamsala and realized how the Tibetans actually think and how xenophobic they are towards someone who is not Tibetan, but yet the poster did not give up his faith in Dorje Shugden. That shows a lot about the poster because it is not and never easy to hold on to something when a lot of people are against it. Wherever the poster is, I hope he would have spiritual progress and i do hope that he returns to the forum and post here once more.

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2013, 08:23:40 AM »
I do empathise with what Indolent1 is saying. I must say that while I have not physically been to Dharamsala, I used to participate in the forum at phayul.com which is now defunct.  When the (usually) Tibetan forum participants who could not refute the logic of why Dorje Shugden is a Buddha, they would resort to personal insults usually based on the fact that I was not Tibetan, I could not speak Tibetan and therefore did not know anything. I wonder where the trolls go these days since that forum was closed down.

On the internet, people should really take full advantage of the fact that we usually do not have a face, a culture, a race associated with our personalities so that people do not judge us as quickly as they do face-to-face. Online, we are given the platform to discuss issues in the most direct way possible without distractions of looks and culture.

This forum at Dorjeshugden.com is really an oasis in the desert by giving the participants space to discuss the issues openly and freely, with of course rules that are necessary to ensure socially acceptable behavior. I hope that more people will join in here to talk – especially those who just come and read and have been reading for awhile, please join in and share your thoughts. As long as they are respectful to the forum, you are very welcome. I hope Indolent1 will come back and participate again one day too.
Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

Aurore

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2013, 09:54:02 AM »
In Buddhist teachings, the more one grasp on to something, the more one looses it. It is not to put the Tibetans down, it's just the way karma works.

By letting go of "ownership", they will not gain back their lost country but they will start to gain a sense of peace for what they have lost. When you own nothing, you lose nothing! What was lost was due to their karma. Instead, it's easier to blame others for their lost, including DS practitioners.

I'm glad of this message. I am sure the people behind this website would be happy to know that this website has managed to clear confusions in someone's mind and perhaps many others who has not testified. Good to have more people like Indolent1.

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2013, 03:56:57 AM »
To me, the Tibetans are just wanting an easy way out when they want their country back because they are unable to survive anywhere else. They wont work, they wont follow the rules and they wont do anything else that will bring them closer to making it in the material world. They keep forgetting that being Tibetan is not about getting a physical country back but it is their culture which they can carry with them anywhere in the world, and thus this insecurity causes them to commit many unbuddhist acts that reflects very badly on them and also on the Dalai Lama as well as be a negative influence on Tibetan Buddhists worldwide. The degeneration of Tibetan Buddhism would be in the hands of the CTA.

dsiluvu

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2013, 02:54:13 PM »
I think what indolent1 mentioned
we tend to get a feeling of "Tibet belongs to me. Only I understand the real Tibet." and we don't really want to allow others to share in it as we perceive them as dirtying it somehow. Or if they are going to share in it, then they must share in our perception of it.

pretty much sums up the mind set of the Tibetans... this is why up until today their progress is no where because their goals is based of the self-grasping attitude of a set and stone grip that Tibet belongs to them and no one else. So can you imagine, if China never did take over Tibet? We would never know who His Holiness the Dalai Lama is and we would never be exposed to the Vajrayana's teachings...

Dharma and HYT would have never spread across the globe and benefited so many... basically Dharma would have just stayed in Shambala Tibet and not shared... would that be the best and the way Buddha would have been happy with? I doubt not. For Enlightenment is meant for all sentient beings isn't it? Which I think is something the Tibetans have failed to understand or choose not to let go... a form of attachment... Yes... so you wonder, where have all that Dharma gone since they are the holders of it?

In terms of culture... definitely that can be preserved and cultivated anywhere in the world and the more you share, the more it shall be preserved by the world... so what is the big deal is nothing merely a protection for their own egos.

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2013, 10:47:12 AM »
I think what indolent1 mentioned
we tend to get a feeling of "Tibet belongs to me. Only I understand the real Tibet." and we don't really want to allow others to share in it as we perceive them as dirtying it somehow. Or if they are going to share in it, then they must share in our perception of it.

pretty much sums up the mind set of the Tibetans... this is why up until today their progress is no where because their goals is based of the self-grasping attitude of a set and stone grip that Tibet belongs to them and no one else. So can you imagine, if China never did take over Tibet? We would never know who His Holiness the Dalai Lama is and we would never be exposed to the Vajrayana's teachings...

Dharma and HYT would have never spread across the globe and benefited so many... basically Dharma would have just stayed in Shambala Tibet and not shared... would that be the best and the way Buddha would have been happy with? I doubt not. For Enlightenment is meant for all sentient beings isn't it? Which I think is something the Tibetans have failed to understand or choose not to let go... a form of attachment... Yes... so you wonder, where have all that Dharma gone since they are the holders of it?

In terms of culture... definitely that can be preserved and cultivated anywhere in the world and the more you share, the more it shall be preserved by the world... so what is the big deal is nothing merely a protection for their own egos.

I guess it is also why the Tibetans keep failing in their goals and endeavors: because they have this really close minded view of "us against the world" - a mentality that they developed when they were invaded  by the british, or perhaps, an old artifact that has followed them throughout the centuries of warring and trying to distinguish between the various tribes of Tibet. In any case, it does look like the Lamas have not done much to be able to change them, but at least they're not harming others. Maybe this is as tame as the Tibetans get -- just demonstrations and self immolations instead of trying to blow up Chinese embassies everywhere. In any case, they'd better wake up to reality before it is too late.

DharmaSpace

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2013, 02:55:15 PM »
A lot of the monks and nuns who came out of the Chinese prisons did not suffer what we call in the West, Post Traumatic Syndrome, there was a researcher on this PTSD who was shocked to find out that many of the monks and nuns who were tortured and abused by the Chinese did not exhibit signs of PTSD at all. Compared to servicemen in the US who served in many battlefields across the globe.

I met a monk in Nepal who came out of many years of prison and his face says it all he was in total bliss and does not have any anger or bitterness towards his captors he was a Gelug Lama as well. I bet he was a Dorje Shugden practitioner too, look at the Shar Gaden Monks and those at Serpom, they have been threatened, beaten abused, etc etc yet their exude their dharma quality out, and is not fearful to show the world they represent Je tsongkhapa's tradition! 

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2013, 08:42:12 AM »
A lot of the monks and nuns who came out of the Chinese prisons did not suffer what we call in the West, Post Traumatic Syndrome, there was a researcher on this PTSD who was shocked to find out that many of the monks and nuns who were tortured and abused by the Chinese did not exhibit signs of PTSD at all. Compared to servicemen in the US who served in many battlefields across the globe.

I met a monk in Nepal who came out of many years of prison and his face says it all he was in total bliss and does not have any anger or bitterness towards his captors he was a Gelug Lama as well. I bet he was a Dorje Shugden practitioner too, look at the Shar Gaden Monks and those at Serpom, they have been threatened, beaten abused, etc etc yet their exude their dharma quality out, and is not fearful to show the world they represent Je tsongkhapa's tradition!

fearlessness and stability are the 2 qualities of true Dharma practitioners. The monks at Shar Ganden and Serpom have the odds stacked up against them but yet they still stick to their Guru's instructions and do not give up Dorje Shugden for an "easier" life where they will be supported by the government and the community. This is indeed a very admirable quality of the Dorje Shugden practitioners in Shar Ganden and Serpom. And what is more is that they are not bitter against the Dalai Lama or CTA for causing them a lot of trouble.