Author Topic: pictures  (Read 315697 times)

OMB

Re: pictures
« Reply #330 on: August 02, 2014, 07:17:02 AM »
Dorje Shugden is a fully enlightened beings, reaching out in love and compassion to relieve the suffering of all sentient beings.  It is truly blessed to be able to practise Dorje Shugden in this life, an authentic practice and unbroken lineage of Buddha Shakyamuni.

icy

« Reply #331 on: August 16, 2014, 11:02:43 PM »
Another lovely picture of Dorje Shugden:

Losang_Tenpa

• Email
« Reply #332 on: October 02, 2014, 12:37:42 PM »
Rare depiction of Dorje Shugden

mountains

• MAY THE DALAI LAMA LIFT THE BAN AGAINST SHUGDEN
« Reply #333 on: October 17, 2014, 08:07:09 AM »
Rare depiction of Dorje Shugden

Very nice!

Gabby Potter

« Reply #334 on: January 08, 2015, 09:45:37 PM »
Thank you for the sharing of some really holy and sacred pictures, friends! I'm sure that it's going to benefit a lot of people. Some of these pictures prove that Lord Dorje Shugden is definitely an enlightened Buddha and not what some people would prefer to call, a " spirit " or a cult. We have no rights to judge somebody else's religion, we don't have the knowledge, the resources etc, so basically what we can do best is, stop criticising peoples' faith.

MoMo

« Reply #335 on: January 10, 2015, 07:46:21 AM »
Visiting old post which dated back in the year 2007 and still seeing new post that followed until to date was really like going through the time tunnel!

It’s a pictorial reflection of the heroic member in preservation of DS lineage and its Lineage Masters.  Behind the scene, there are the team of hard working DS.com members , their tears and joys and most importantly the benefit of disseminating of the practice of the holy protector for the benefit of others….

May all who are fortunate to gaze upon the holy protector form plant the seed of wisdom and make connection life after life.

pinecone

« Reply #336 on: January 10, 2015, 11:30:05 AM »
Wow! All the pictures shared are fabulous and awesome. Personally, I particularly put a lot of attention viewing and admiring the tangka  of  Mahamudra gurus lineage with Dorje Shugden . So fortunate to be able to bump into this thread and it really made my day. Thank you to all who has contributed all the wonderful and eye opening pictures.  :)

yontenjamyang

• Email
« Reply #337 on: April 20, 2015, 05:38:30 AM »
Visiting old post which dated back in the year 2007 and still seeing new post that followed until to date was really like going through the time tunnel!

It’s a pictorial reflection of the heroic member in preservation of DS lineage and its Lineage Masters.  Behind the scene, there are the team of hard working DS.com members , their tears and joys and most importantly the benefit of disseminating of the practice of the holy protector for the benefit of others….

May all who are fortunate to gaze upon the holy protector form plant the seed of wisdom and make connection life after life.

May these images blessed all who see it and create the causes and conditions to practice the Dharma especially the teachings of Lama Tsongkhapa.

CHO KHI GYAL PO TSONG KHA PA
CHO TSUL NAM PAR PHEL WA LA
GEK KI TSHAN MA ZHI WA DANG
THUN KYIN MA LU TSHANG WAR SHOK

DA DANG SHEN GI DU SUM DANG
DRIL WA TSOK NYI LA TEN NAY
GYA WA LO ZANG DRAG PA YI
TAN PAR YUN RING VAR GYUR CHIG

I rejoice in this post. Thank You DorjeShugden.com.

Dondrup Shugden

« Reply #338 on: April 20, 2015, 04:47:33 PM »
What a fabulous album of wonderful photos.  Some of the photos of Dorje Shugden are amazing artistic and very unusual especially the one which depicts Shugden in flames and only recognisable are the heart held and the wisdom sword.  Very interesting.

Jason Statham

« Reply #339 on: May 01, 2015, 08:45:09 PM »
Thank you for sharing these extraordinary pictures. The first picture is so unique, I have never seen any paintings or pictures that has Lama Tsongkhapa, Dorje Shugden and Vajrayogini. This picture is a prove that Dorje Shugden is an enlightened being instead of an evil spirit.

psylotripitaka

« Reply #340 on: May 03, 2015, 03:56:59 AM »
Dear Friends,

This is from a new thread I started, but I am putting it here as well in response to the argument that begins around the 2nd or 3rd page of this thread on Pictures - an argument between a Mitchell and a few others, especially an Alexis who gets quite heated. Please be open and consider the following information that I have compiled based on valid lineage sources. Thank you.

I want to share a couple things on the various ways of relying on Dharmapalas. There appears to be some confusion on this subject due to lack of background knowledge, and so some arguments have arisen such as in the Pictures thread on this site. By no means do I understand all that I'd like on this subject, but I am inspired to share some things I do know from reading and from oral transmissions I've received.

There are many different ways to rely on Protectors, and some of these ways are more intense, serious, have special commitments, or require deeper experience of the 3 principal aspects and the two tantric stages. However, for simplicity I would say there are 2 categories: 1) Asking for help, and 2) Controlling and Commanding the Dharmapala to fulfill their oaths and accomplish the 4 types of action we require.

The first way is the main method used by most people and it isn't even really explained as one of many ways to rely, it is simply a given - we are humbled in the presence of the Dharmapala and ask for their assistance as someone would ask a friend for help. This is beautiful, and probably the best approach in general until we develop deeper experience of the 3 principal aspects (renunciation, bodhichitta, wisdom experience of emptiness) and at least the generation stage of Highest Yoga Tantra.

The second way was mentioned and caused quite a stir in the Pictures section on this site. It is understandable people would respond defensively when you consider the delicate aspects of the controversy and arguments saying the Great King Dorje Shugden is a malevolent spirit. In the aforementioned thread, someone named Mitchell explains that he has a recording of Zong Rinpoche saying to 'control Dorje Shugden and not let him take you over', and people insisted this was garbage. However, please consider the following links and points carefully, because there actually is a more advanced way of relying on Dharmapalas that involves Controlling and Commanding them. Such an approach is not reserved for exclusively controlling and commanding worldly Protectors and spirits, but an advanced method for accomplishing the 4 actions more powerfully. I am not making things up, but sharing what I have received orally from Lamas and read by qualified translators.

So, first of all we have this supposed comment by H.E.Zong Rinpoche. Also, we can consider that these 2 ways of relying on Dharmapalas can be applied to other rituals where we are emphasizing the 4 actions. Examples of this are things such as Gektor rituals (obstacle-dispelling tormas) offered at the beginning of initiations and close retreats, fire pujas of the 4 actions, and the 4 actions emphasized through use of the wrathful Deities of the Command Wheel in Vajrabhairava practice. In general, there is an asking approach as a practitioner where we don't have divine pride, and a more commanding approach where we have divine pride and command or accomplish the 4 types of actions.

Secondly, we have this excerpt from a teaching by Je Pabongkhapa Dechen Nyingpo when explaining Life-entrustment:

Pabongkha Rinpoche wrote:
"I have written this at the request of Shugden, because in the past there was a tradition of Sogde (srog gtad) to Shugden but later neither the tradition nor the text could be found—they have become like flowers in the sky—so Shugden has asked me two times to write a new initiation text. I have passed on the practice of initiation (dbang) to some disciples in accordance with my own experience, and (a text) has been written as a seed for (a detailed text). But only that would be not reliable and something like an illegitimate son. Therefore, I explained it in detail to my master Tagphu Dorje Chang and presented this draft to him. …He took that draft and wrote his text down, combining this seed text with his own vision. Tagphu commented about the five types of Shugden, the respective colors etc., the offerings to be arranged, thus at the time of initiation the large Lamrim text should be there on the altar, a cakra representing one’s life, damaru, dorje etc. The practitioner has to utter the life generating words of Vajrabhairava and to make torma offerings. … The initiation can be given to somebody who has received initiation into Vajrabhairava and keeps the commitments connected with it. …Though there are so many different traditions and philosophies in Tibet, only this tradition of Tsongkhapa is the supreme, the top of the victory banner, the most complete, the essence of the teaching. … To bring Shugden into one’s own service is a very powerful blessing. In order to receive this initiation the disciples visualize themselves as the yidam (Vajrabhairava) and as such invoke and control Shugden. The dharmapala (Shugden) is presented to the disciples as the one who abides by their commands."

In oral commentaries on practices related to Palden Lhamo and Kalarupa, the late Je Tsering Lotsawa (David Gonsalez of Dechen Ling Press) explained that traditionally speaking, it is important that the practitioner self-generate as a Yidam that is more wrathful than the Dharmapala being propitiated (such as Vajrabhairava, Hayagriva Sangdrup, Sumbaraja, Heruka or Vajrayogini) in order to powerfully command them to fulfill their oaths and any of the four actions that we require of them. Also, he says we as the Yidam should be larger than the Dharmapalas, and they are to be visualized lower than us on the North-Eastern petal of the lotus of our mandala or outside and lower than our celestial mansion. It is not that Vajrabhairava is Higher than Dorje Shugden for instance, especially since they are the same being, but it is simply showing an emphasis of the Controlling and Commanding approach. To take this approach, he explains that it is very important that we have a good intention free of worldly concern through gaining experience of the three principal aspects of the path, and that we also have particularly strong confidence that we are the actual Yidam, which is made possible through correct experience of emptiness. In such an instant, there is no such thought as 'I'm not really a Buddha, just a lowly practitioner with worldly concern'. The genuine experience of deity yoga does away with such conceptualizations, with the exception of purification rituals in which one maintains clear appearance of being the Yidam but reduces divine pride. Commanding Protectors to fulfill their oaths and the 4 actions we require is also a powerful ritual in the Vajrabhairava Command Wheel and many amazing results have been seen through such powerful methods of Command.

If you are not even comfortable with the mere idea of the approach I've explained, just forget about it and rely on the Dharmapalas as you usually do. But know that there is another advanced way to approach it when you have prepared internally for this. Please do not feel I am implying that the approach of humbly asking for help is not powerful and effective. Even in that instance using such a humble beautiful approach, we do so by starting out saying 'I have the clarity of the Yidam', but as may often be the case, the practitioner is conceiving themselves to be ordinary in the ordinary environment and they are asking for help, and that is also totally valid and fine. H.E.Tsem Tulku Rinpoche has even composed some ritual prayers for anybody to do Dorje Shugden prayers, even people with no experience of Dharma or who are from other religions. How beautiful and kind of him! But, know that it is not sufficient to remain ordinary forever, that we should try to improve, and that a time will come in the course of your spiritual journey when you are ready to use and understand the approach of Commanding the Dharmapalas.

For further reading to support this Command approach, please read the following article by Alex Berzin:

http://www.berzinarchives.com/web/en/archives/advanced/tantra/level1_getting_started/what_dharma_protectors_ab.html

As for being controlled or taken over by the Dharmapala, that simply means that when you emphasize the command method, you should not allow yourself to lose the divine pride from which you are commanding actions. In general it is wonderful to allow ourselves to be controlled by the Dharmapalas because we are humble, and recognizing their Enlightened nature as one with the Guru, we are delighted for them to take control and lead us in the right direction. Our heart already belongs to them! But, in another sense, their heart also belongs to us because in the life-entrustment ritual they promise the Guru to take care of us our entire lives until enlightenment and so they have entrusted their heart to us. It is worth noting that in the more simple Dorje Shugden jenang given in the NKT, though it is not called a Life-entrustment empowerment and does not carry the heavier commitments of such, the Lama does request and essentially command the Protector to take special care of us until we attain enlightenment, so in this sense, even the NKT ritual is a type of life-entrustment. So beautiful!

Please understand there's nothing I've said here that has not been explained by the Lamas. I've shared it to help clarify some misunderstandings, and to share some wonderful things with fellow practitioners. I hope somebody has found it useful.

Homage to the Lama, source of the most precious opportunity we'll ever have, ever!

SabS

« Reply #341 on: October 03, 2016, 09:29:28 PM »
Thank you all for sharing the beautiful picture of Protector Dorje Shugden, holy Lamas and Buddhas. I love all the different depictions of the enlightened Protector and such tribute to him. How blessed we are to see all the holy Lamas and Buddhas too! May the ban on Dorje Shugden be swiftly lifted and his practice be freely practice to benefit more with the Dharma and Lama Tsongkapa's teachings.

Rowntree

« Reply #342 on: November 24, 2018, 12:03:37 AM »
Two skeletons (shin-kyong) in an embrace, painted mural formerly preserved in the Dungkar Monastery (Chumbi Valley)

Detailed place of photography: Tibet, Chumbi Valley, Dungkar Monastery \ Object: Acetate film \ Technique: N Silver salt gelatin \ Date of artwork: IV sec. a.C./ XIX sec. d.C. \ Period and style: Asia,Ancient Civilization \ Artwork support: Mural Painting,Movable Modern Work \ Location: Asia, Tibet, Chumbi Valley, Dungkar Monastery \