Author Topic: pictures  (Read 315710 times)

Mohani

• duldzin
Re: pictures
« Reply #45 on: January 30, 2008, 04:35:33 PM »
Please stop critisizing each other.. It's the purpose of this forum to help and inspire each other, not bicker and try to prove each other wrong.
The sub heading of this discussion is Pictures, so let's see some more Pictures... :)

jeff Ryan

• Email
« Reply #46 on: January 30, 2008, 04:39:14 PM »
I agree this has become bickering I will no longer participate in it. no benefit.

Mohani

• duldzin
« Reply #47 on: January 30, 2008, 04:44:29 PM »
Dorje in The uk..

Mitchell

« Reply #48 on: January 30, 2008, 06:08:53 PM »
Dearest Alexis, jeff ryan, Mountains, Richard, Mohani and friends

Not talking to me? No answers? Don’t want to hear the incredible voice of Zong Dorje Chang saying what you don’t want to hear? Determined to stay in denial?

No problem.

Your attitudes ‘demonstrate’ where you are coming from... as had been assumed, and you have proven it true again - if any proof were needed. Just checking for myself that there is still no change in the camp strategy. Thanks for the affirmation, and sorry for you.

I leave you now, in your sad little bubble of self-pitying bliss, praying you will all find a way out of your predicament and manage somehow to make yourselves of benefit to others.

Bye-bye. I must admit that as well as being instructive and interesting, it has also been great fun to play with you a little - in fact, a real bag of laughs - were you not all so sad and unhappy. I pray for you, that your positive potentials will blossom soon, and no harm results.

Adieu and Blessings,
Mitchell

a friend

« Reply #49 on: January 30, 2008, 06:13:58 PM »
Dear John Mitchell,

I am truly sorry that you had to undergo such trials in your life. I also know, being myself an old practitioner, that there are in our lives, as the solitaries know it too well, long periods of "desert" in our hearts, when it seems that the practice doesn't help, when we have doubts about everything, even the possibility of liberation for ourselves, let alone for others. As I see that yourself also are an old practitioner, older than me, I respectfully rejoice in all your precious efforts, from my heart. If I said something playful in the Guestbook, that might've hurt you, please understand that we are here under the strain of seeing a very tragic situation develop and that we don't have the hearts to abandon our brother monks in India, so we are a little jumpy, sorry.

You think we should not do anything, it is your right to think that. But we feel and think otherwise. I beg you, humbly, really with the softest mind that sometimes I can have because my holy Protector is helping me with that, I beg you, could we leave aside theoretical discussions until this situation is in some way resolved? Could you leave us to our endeavors --or join us-- because we are really trying to focus and yes, it is difficult with the type of messages you have been sending.

I concede that Rinpoche might have said something of the sort about not allowing DSh to control us. Rinpoche knew our minds and knew that we could try to obtain mundane objects, more and more, from the kindness of our Protector. So it seems evident that he was referring to the Dorje Shugden of our mind, the one we create with our own desires, fears, the usual mixture of pure and impure aims. If you agree with us that His Holiness Dorje Shugden is an emanated Buddha, born from the great compassion and wisdom of Manjushri Yamantaka, then you will agree that nobody could refer to him as being one that is suitable to control. Another thing is that many times people thing "HE" is coming in the trance, and it's someone of the korlo, i.e., not necesarily an enlightened person, of course (although always wonderfully, faithfully under oath to Venerable Dulzin).

So, dearest John, be welcome among us, but please, please, leave us some space, some peace of mind for our feeble minds, to be able to try and do something about the very bad situation of our monks in India.

We will have time to discuss later all the matters, every one of them, that you are bringing here, and of course they are worth discussing, no doubt. But later.

With much love and consideration,
a Friend

Mohani

• duldzin
« Reply #50 on: January 30, 2008, 06:16:31 PM »
Pretty Wrathful...

a friend

To John
« Reply #51 on: January 30, 2008, 06:24:25 PM »
Dear John Mitchell,

I am truly sorry that you had to undergo such trials in your life. I also know, being myself an old practitioner, that there are in our lives, as the solitaries know it too well, long periods of "desert" in our hearts, when it seems that the practice doesn't help, when we have doubts about everything, even the possibility of liberation for ourselves, let alone for others. As I see that yourself also are an old practitioner, older than me, I respectfully rejoice in all your precious efforts, from my heart. If I said something playful in the Guestbook, that might've hurt you, please understand that we are here under the strain of seeing a very tragic situation develop and that we don't have the hearts to abandon our brother monks in India, so we are a little jumpy, sorry.

You think we should not do anything, it is your right to think that. But we feel and think otherwise. I beg you, humbly, really with the softest mind that sometimes I can have because my holy Protector is helping me with that, I beg you, could we leave aside theoretical discussions until this situation is in some way resolved? Could you leave us to our endeavors --or join us-- because we are really trying to focus and yes, it is difficult with the type of messages you have been sending.

I concede that Rinpoche might have said something of the sort about not allowing DSh to control us. Rinpoche knew our minds and knew that we could try to obtain mundane objects, more and more, from the kindness of our Protector. So it seems evident that he was referring to the Dorje Shugden of our mind, the one we create with our own desires, fears, the usual mixture of pure and impure aims. If you agree with us that His Holiness Dorje Shugden is an emanated Buddha, born from the great compassion and wisdom of Manjushri Yamantaka, then you will agree that nobody could refer to him as being one that is suitable to control. Another thing is that many times people thing "HE" is coming in the trance, and it's someone of the korlo, i.e., not necesarily an enlightened person, of course (although always wonderfully, faithfully under oath to Venerable Dulzin).

So, dearest John, be welcome among us, but please, please, leave us some space, some peace of mind for our feeble minds, to be able to try and do something about the very bad situation of our monks in India.

We will have time to discuss later all the matters, every one of them, that you are bringing here, and of course they are worth discussing, no doubt. But later.

With much love and consideration,
a Friend

Mohani

• duldzin
« Reply #52 on: January 30, 2008, 06:35:08 PM »
 :o

Alexis

« Reply #53 on: January 31, 2008, 01:28:43 PM »
Dear friends,

I just want to clarify something I heard and do not want to pursue this topic on a 'bickering' note.

If Dorje Shugden 'had to be controlled' (in the sense of a deluded wrathfull spirit) then there would be no point in us taking 'SOG DE', the initiation in which we ENTRUST OUR ENTIRE LIFE to Him (Dorje Shugden) in the presence of Tsongkhapa. He is the guide for us (and our entire tradition) showing the Path. He is also the keeper of the Ganden Emanation Scripture. If he 'had to be controlled' in the sense previously understood, then our most secret teachings would be in very unstable hands........this is not so!

Just wanted to clarify this in order for some readers not to get confused.

Alexis

« Reply #54 on: February 02, 2008, 03:41:00 AM »
Re-reading some of my former post in this section, I had the uncontrollable urge to make some of them disapear.
But since they show my actual level of spiritual development (such as having no patience) I'll keep them there as a reminder.

This is a drawing by Kyabje Dagom Dorjechang's own hand in his last few days. When translating the Kangso in French, we were not sure about how to translate the noose (Lasso, knot, etc.), so we requested Rimpoche for an explanation. He gave us this drawing.

I don't know if you will see properly but the obstructor caught in the noose really doesn't look too happy.

Glynn Stewart

« Reply #55 on: February 02, 2008, 01:28:03 PM »
Dear Friends

My old acquaintance John Mitchell was just telling me about his vain attempts to join your forum to offer you what he honestly thought was good advice last week, when he was met by a chorus of accusations of being a “fraud” and a “liar” and "obstructor" from a selection of your regulars.

Although his account is really quite astonishing, and one might be forgiven for not believing it, please let me reassure you that he is a serious, experienced and respected person who was indeed in an Iranian jail in 1978 on a very long sentence and who did get out, exactly as he has described to you, within just a few months. I was myself living in India at the time and assisted in arranging the pujas invoking DS´s help to get him out of there and it all happened exactly as he wrote. Of course, there is no proff, it may have been just a huge coincidence, but the monks at the monastery who did the divinations and the pujas certainly took full ‘credit’ for it. I was assured that the “collateral” deaths of the innocents was a purification process and all according to their own individual and collective karma.

Further, John has not had a ‘hard life’ as your regular "a Friend" as assumed, as if he is disturbed and one should feel sorry for him, but has enjoyed a very full life and has no regrets. He spent over 20 years in the Indian subcontinent in total, speaks several of the languages fluently and the tales he tells of his travels and adventures in Asia are just enthralling. He is now retired with a wife and grown up children, a highly respectable member of society and although I do not know anything about his personal Dharma practices I can say that he is widely respected as a very sincere Buddhist and by no means a liar or a fraud. He works for a local charity club and even at his ripe old age he is still always busy striving for others and helping people along to the best of his ability.

I send you all my personal warmest and most respectful regards and I hope my comments will not be taken amiss and that my contribution will not be dismissed by you in a similar manner as John’s has been. I think, unless there is a solid reason to doubt it, one should always take people at their word, sincerely, and see the good in what they are trying to say.

I have not informed John that I am writing this as he feels he already made his point sufficiently well and does not wish to be further involved, nor do I intend to follow this up in any way nor write to you again myself. It is just to speak up for John and assist you to have a better perspective on your recent exchanges with him. He felt sorry to have been provoked into being somewhat confrontational in the end but had his sincere advice been received with a modicum of civility I do not think he would have felt obliged end up to expressing himself in the way he regretfully did.

I hope your efforts to help the monks in India will be successful and reduce their suffering.

Glynn Stewart

Alexis

« Reply #56 on: February 02, 2008, 04:12:33 PM »
If this is so then I am truly profoundly sorry for my reaction.

My sincere apologies goes to Mr. Mitchell.

Howerver you have to understand Mr. Mitchell's posts seemed really unbelievable and we had been going, at that time, thru a week of relentless pranking and provokation in the Guestbook.

We legitimately thought the pranksters from the Guestbook were coming in the Forum.

Please don't keep a grudge...

jeff Ryan

• Email
« Reply #57 on: February 02, 2008, 09:36:10 PM »
I have to say Mr. Mitchel made claims that are complete nonsense in that Trijang Dorje Chang and Kyabje Zong Rinpoche referred to Dorje Shugden as a spirit and not a Supermundane protector. He even claimed to have recordings proving his case. Since I know Zong Dorje Chang NEVER said such a thing then Mr. Mitchel managed to make some gigantic misunderstandings for a student of Dharma for 45 years.

a friend

Re: to Glynn, John
« Reply #58 on: February 03, 2008, 05:42:02 AM »
Dear friends,

Although we have our minds in the Southern India events, there is one thing I would like to clarify.
It doesn't matter who said that the holy Protector produced an earthquake and started the Iranian revolution in order to free John from prison. It doesn't matter if some monks said so, or John said so. It is just wrong.

I don't remember now which part of the collected works of Je Rinpoche and his sons speaks about people who follow Dharma and people who follow other's words with blind faith. It is powerfully adviced there not to follow other's words without investigation.
This is a teaching that follows closely the teachings of the Buddha himself.

Based on that let me tell you that we should stop praising as virtue what is non virtue, we should stop attributing to Buddhas the most unspeakable actions and talk about skillful means. To believe that a holy Buddha killed thousands of people and brought about a revolution in order to free from prison a single person is a wrong view. Buddhas try to learn and investigate and practice for kalpas and kalpas in order to eradicate suffering. How dare we insult them proclaiming that they go about creating more suffering, this doesn't stand to reason.

Let me at least propose an alternative scenario. Let's imagine that John had some karma that was going to mature at some point in this life time. I could imagine how, traveling here and there, he could have encountered this karma in much worse circumstances, and let to rot even until today in some obscure prison somewhere else. I don't think it impossible that the Protector could've arranged things in such way that he went to prison at that place, at that moment, allowing him to take advantage for his liberation of circumstances that were going to be produced in any case by other sets of collective karma that the Protector didn't have the power to stop. There you go. I'm not saying it happened that way, but it could've happened. One thing I can tell you, the Protector doesn't do the things you are describing.

Happy to hear that John is doing well. May he have a long, happy, holy and prosperous life.

mountains

• MAY THE DALAI LAMA LIFT THE BAN AGAINST SHUGDEN
great beings
« Reply #59 on: February 04, 2008, 06:27:56 PM »
HH kyabje Pabongkha Dorje Chang and HH kyabje Trijang Dorje Chang