Author Topic: pictures  (Read 315762 times)

DSFriend

Re: pictures
« Reply #255 on: June 02, 2011, 09:25:47 AM »

Vajraprotector

• Administrator
« Reply #256 on: June 09, 2011, 05:02:01 AM »
I saw a beautiful thangka while surfing online, thought I share with everyone. It is still available at US$195 from http://new.exoticindiaart.com/product/TT26/

jessicajameson

• Email
« Reply #257 on: June 13, 2011, 10:20:36 PM »
I saw these 2 photos of Gangchen Rinpoche on Facebook and thought that it'd be nice to share it! I hope that it's not already in this thread.

I really like these 2 photos of Gangchen Rinpoche. I have 3 questions though:

1) Why does Gangchen Rinpoche's wear red robes with gold patterns?
2) What is that "hair"-like thing that Trijang Rinpoche is wearing (in the photo in the page before this) meant to symbolize?
3) What's the point of wearing the full tantric outfit? I understand that if an oracle is going to take trance it's good to wear an oracle outfit as you're inviting an enlightened being into the person - but what's the point for, say, Gangchen Rinpoche to be wearing all those things in the 2nd photo?

(I ask in no disrespect to anything or anyone).

DSFriend

« Reply #258 on: June 17, 2011, 04:47:47 PM »
Here's a photo gallery of Dorje Shugden. I noticed many if not all of the pictures are already on this great website also. But just sharing this link here in case there are a few which we may not have yet... What a great blessing just to see holy images of our Protector.

http://dorjeshugdenimagelibrary.wordpress.com/photo-gallery/

iloveds

• An Uncommon Protector Who Can Not Be Silenced
« Reply #259 on: June 20, 2011, 08:57:48 PM »
I saw these 2 photos of Gangchen Rinpoche on Facebook and thought that it'd be nice to share it! I hope that it's not already in this thread.

I really like these 2 photos of Gangchen Rinpoche. I have 3 questions though:

1) Why does Gangchen Rinpoche's wear red robes with gold patterns?
2) What is that "hair"-like thing that Trijang Rinpoche is wearing (in the photo in the page before this) meant to symbolize?
3) What's the point of wearing the full tantric outfit? I understand that if an oracle is going to take trance it's good to wear an oracle outfit as you're inviting an enlightened being into the person - but what's the point for, say, Gangchen Rinpoche to be wearing all those things in the 2nd photo?

(I ask in no disrespect to anything or anyone).

In answer to your questions

1. Not sure, but it looks like its a pretty formal setting as Rinpoche is on the throne, possibly real gold inlay, whomever made these robes for Rinpoche would have wanted to make their offering even more special as its to their Lama. Depending on situations Lama's will choose what robes to wear.

2. I don't know Tantra and its symbolism, all i know is that in Tantra. you practice to become one with your deity, hence you become the "Deity". It may look over the top to outsiders but it is an offering to a Buddha so must be of highest quality.

Looks pretty heavy, but very grand, great pic thanks for the post!
Those who know Tantra, can they say, or are they allowed to say who by the mudra etc...?

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #260 on: June 24, 2011, 06:06:15 AM »
This is Kirti Dadza via the oracle Choyang Kunten-la... also in Trokhang Dechen Chog.

Hi, i am wondering who is Kirti Dadza? Which emanation of Shudgen is he?

Rihanna

« Reply #261 on: June 29, 2011, 03:39:01 PM »
What an awesome photo of the SUPER TRIO LAMAS. It should be reproduced and place on our altars!

Fanstastic Powerhouses of Lord Tsongkapa's blazing dharma. Left to right: H.H. Kyabje Zong Rinpoche, H.H. Yongzin Trijang Dorje Chang, H.H. Kyabje Zemey Rinpoche. Three great power house lamas from Gaden Shartse Monastery who are responsible for passing on the lineage to so many young tulkus, Geshes and teachers. It is their kindness that today we have the pure Gelugpa Lineage alive, strong and flourishing. All Gelugpa lamas, tulkus, geshes, teachers and masters somehow will trace their lineage back directly or indirectly to these three great sublime beings. All great Gelugpa teachers including H.H. the Dalai Lama will have either one of these lamas as their lineage lamas that they supplicate daily.

Viewing their picture is immensely inspiring.

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
« Reply #262 on: July 05, 2011, 08:40:38 AM »
Fantastic picture! I love it! Great Lamas doing puja together...

HE Gangchen Lama, the spiritual head & mentor of International Gangchen Peace Foundation, HE Geshe Thupten Thinley, Ven abbot of Rabten Choeling,Geshe L. Phende, Ven abbot of Shar Gaden, Geshe Kunchok Gyaltsen, General Secretary of the Dorje Shugden Society Delhi, Ven Lama Dhonsang, Chant-master of Rabten Choeling & Senior attendant of Geshe T. Thinley.
Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

WisdomBeing

« Reply #263 on: July 05, 2011, 08:44:25 AM »
The 2 days Annual Kangso Puja was just conducted at Shar Gaden last week (28th & 29th June), this included the dharma protectors; MahaKala, DharmaRaja, Shridevi, Vaishravana, Setrap, Shugden and Khache Marpo, their mantras are stressed enhanced with dharmic musical instruments; trumpets, drums, cymbals, long blow-horns etc.

I love the fantastic tormas on the altar!

dsiluvu

« Reply #264 on: July 06, 2011, 06:43:10 PM »
I stumbled upon this very nice picture of a Dorje Shugden tangka from kadampa organisation. I was wondering if anyone has a clear upright picture of it in high resolution so I see the details of every part. I was hoping I could print it out for my altar.
It really does look unique.

If anyone have a good clear picture of this tangka, can you kindly share with us all here? I'm sure everyone will so appreciate it :)

WisdomBeing

« Reply #265 on: July 08, 2011, 11:38:46 AM »
Dear dsilluvu

That's a nice picture. Which kadampa organisation is that? The NKT or Serkong Tritul Rinpoche's organisation? Maybe you can write to the organisation and ask them? Then you can post up the actual picture here for us all to enjoy too.

Cheers!

Rihanna

« Reply #266 on: July 10, 2011, 03:12:19 PM »
Dear dsilluvu

That's a nice picture. Which kadampa organisation is that? The NKT or Serkong Tritul Rinpoche's organisation? Maybe you can write to the organisation and ask them? Then you can post up the actual picture here for us all to enjoy too.

Cheers!

Dear dsiluvu, YES PLEASE try as requested by WisdomBeing. The colour is so rich and it is the complete mandala of Dorje Shugden!

sahara

« Reply #267 on: July 10, 2011, 04:00:34 PM »
I log in to the Photo Gallery of Dorje shugden.....I m so happy to see so many photo of Dorje Shugden, is awesome  ;D. Thank you DS Friend for yr sharing, but I noticed, there have so many differend images of DS.....i was wondering now which photo i want to print it out and put in to my altars :)

nagaseeker

« Reply #268 on: July 10, 2011, 04:01:05 PM »
 :D So many nice and high resolution pictures , thanks all !

nagaseeker

« Reply #269 on: July 10, 2011, 04:06:24 PM »
Hey Vajra!

Agreed. The buddhist theme is so strong in Star Wars it turned Harrisson Ford into a Buddhist!  8)

By the way, for those interested. The Ewoks speak tibetan! Yes my friends, any tibetan speaker will actually understand what the ewoks are saying! I got some of it!

Here is another one: When Luke raises C-3PO in the air in front of the ewoks, the ewoks start prostrating and chanting, the religious chant they are singing is:

'Sangye cho dang tso kyi chog nam la/
Jangchub bardu dag ni kyap su chi/
Dag gi jin sog gyi pay sonam gyi/
Drola penchir sangye dro par chog/'

Sounds familiar???

The Ewoks do speak tibetan ,  i found it on youtube , check out this link

Time : 0.16 - Jangchub bardu dag ni kyap su chi/
Small | Large