Author Topic: "No Dorje Shugden practitioners allowed"  (Read 6014 times)

Ensapa

• Email
"No Dorje Shugden practitioners allowed"
« on: December 03, 2012, 10:13:18 AM »
I have been pondering about this.

You know about HHDL's teachings, and certain temples that want to look like they're on HHDL's good side and they put up signs that say no Dorje Shugden practitioners may enter our premises?

I find that really funny and/or stupid, unless they have someone with clairvoyance at the gate of their center because HOW ON EARTH will they know if someone coming to their center is or is not a Dorje Shugden practitioner if that person chooses not  to reveal? People can always lie or not disclose information, so what is the use of that sign anyway? to look good?

Religious hypocrisy much?

jessicajameson

• Email
Re: "No Dorje Shugden practitioners allowed"
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2012, 10:26:38 AM »
For my deduction, they either put up their signs for political or superstitious reasons.

Political coz they want to look good, on the "right side" and they may lose sponsors if they don't put up the sign. Superstitious coz they want to maintain "spirit-free", or feel that shugdenpas will bring them bad luck.

Religious hypocrisy at its apex.

Anyone who seeks a spiritual home should be naturally turned off by those signs. How can you shun away those who seek to learn the Dharma, regardless of who they choose to pray to?

How can you welcome Christians, Hindus, Jews, Muslims etc, and ostracise a fellow Dharma brother/sister? If they truly believe in reincarnation, cause and effect, they wouldn't put up such negative influencing signs. I won't be surprised if those who reinforce the rule are reborn as lepers who will have no option but to be segregated from society.

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2012, 10:32:48 AM »
For my deduction, they either put up their signs for political or superstitious reasons.

Political coz they want to look good, on the "right side" and they may lose sponsors if they don't put up the sign. Superstitious coz they want to maintain "spirit-free", or feel that shugdenpas will bring them bad luck.

Religious hypocrisy at its apex.

Anyone who seeks a spiritual home should be naturally turned off by those signs. How can you shun away those who seek to learn the Dharma, regardless of who they choose to pray to?

How can you welcome Christians, Hindus, Jews, Muslims etc, and ostracise a fellow Dharma brother/sister? If they truly believe in reincarnation, cause and effect, they wouldn't put up such negative influencing signs. I won't be surprised if those who reinforce the rule are reborn as lepers who will have no option but to be segregated from society.

My point exactly! There is really no purpose for the signs that are being put up by these temples. You dont have to be a Buddhist to know that excluding people of a certain attribute is a violation of human rights. Even atheists and people of other religions know that. Why preach dharma inside the halls of such temples when they cannot even follow something so basic such as respecting the human rights of others? How can compassion arise when there is discrimination?

Centers with these signs should have another sign below that says "do you have a clairvoyant gatekeeper?"

Gabby Potter

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2015, 10:23:40 AM »
How was this even allowed? We are living in a civilised society, we can't just cut people off like that! Especially like this, there's nothing wrong about being devoted to Lord Dorje Shugden, we all have the rights to enjoy religious freedom. These are good people who wanted nothing but their freedom to pray to Someone who's great and powerful. This has to, or else it's gonna turn the whole society into a depressing living environment.

malini123456789

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2015, 12:29:40 PM »
Whether temple ,churches,or any holly place, they should open to public. They should  encourage public and welcome anyone who would like to visit. Individual Freedom. Buddha is for all . Sound so uncivilised...

grandmapele

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2015, 06:15:43 AM »
The signs are probably put up to show their allegiance to the Dalai Lama politically. Spiritually, it also serves to show to the world of their ignorance in the real dharma and basic tenets of Buddhism or any religion for that matter i.e. love, kindness, compassion and equality and equanimity.