Author Topic: SPEAK FOR THE VOICELESS TIBETANS  (Read 3954 times)

dsiluvu

SPEAK FOR THE VOICELESS TIBETANS
« on: August 10, 2012, 08:57:15 PM »
I found this on Karma Dondub Dennis Barbion fb page... I thought it was quite odd that on one side they are fighting to be heard due to their suppression yet at the same time it is okay to suppress their own people. So where is the Voice for shugdenpas? I am so thankful to have this Dorje Shugden active website!!!

Why are we not entitled to be heard? Why are we ignored and can't even be allowed to have our children go to a normal school... just because we have a different protector? Is this logical... and so I ask why then does the Tibetans expect their voice be heard? As the saying goes it's like "Pot calling the kettle black!"

Oh and I think they are using some of the ideas from this site and methods in highlighting letters to those in authorities... sneaky!

SPEAK FOR THE VOICELESS TIBETANS IN TIBET.
PLEASE SUPPORT THE TIBETAN PEOPLE, they need our help and support. This is possible in different kind of ways. Here are some suggestions:
- to spread the information about the Tibetan issue, for example here on Facebook
- to tell your friends and speak about Tibet and what's happening there in order to raise more awareness
- to write to your President, Pr
ime Minister, Minister of Foreign Affairs, government (Members of the Parliament) to inform them about the situation in Tibet and to ask their support
- to help Tibetan refugees in the country you live (with their integration, their asylum case, donating clothes or other things, help them with the language etc.)
- to join a peaceful Tibet demonstration or a candle vigil
- to become active in a Tibet support group or ngo (in the board or not)
- to organise, announce, support and attend Tibetan cultural events
- to write articles or press releases about Tibet or Tibet events
- to sign petitions (for example online)
- to finance the education of Tibetan children in India
- to support social projects for the Tibetan people
- to give a donation to Tibet organisations or ngo's
- to dedicate your Birthday Wish here on Facebook (so a fundraising) to a Tibet group
- to add the word "Tibet" as your middle name here on Facebook, an online protest to show that Tibet does exist and that it's not a part of China (for more information: https://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=137856578908&v=info)
STAND UP FOR TIBET. STAND UP FOR JUSTICE. STAND UP FOR HUMANITY. SUPPORT THE TIBETAN PEOPLE.
"Does this include Shugden practitioners who are Tibetans?" If not ~ Why NOT???!

Ensapa

• Email
Re: SPEAK FOR THE VOICELESS TIBETANS
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2012, 09:16:29 AM »
I found this on Karma Dondub Dennis Barbion fb page... I thought it was quite odd that on one side they are fighting to be heard due to their suppression yet at the same time it is okay to suppress their own people. So where is the Voice for shugdenpas? I am so thankful to have this Dorje Shugden active website!!!

Why are we not entitled to be heard? Why are we ignored and can't even be allowed to have our children go to a normal school... just because we have a different protector? Is this logical... and so I ask why then does the Tibetans expect their voice be heard? As the saying goes it's like "Pot calling the kettle black!"

Oh and I think they are using some of the ideas from this site and methods in highlighting letters to those in authorities... sneaky!

SPEAK FOR THE VOICELESS TIBETANS IN TIBET.
PLEASE SUPPORT THE TIBETAN PEOPLE, they need our help and support. This is possible in different kind of ways. Here are some suggestions:
- to spread the information about the Tibetan issue, for example here on Facebook
- to tell your friends and speak about Tibet and what's happening there in order to raise more awareness
- to write to your President, Pr
ime Minister, Minister of Foreign Affairs, government (Members of the Parliament) to inform them about the situation in Tibet and to ask their support
- to help Tibetan refugees in the country you live (with their integration, their asylum case, donating clothes or other things, help them with the language etc.)
- to join a peaceful Tibet demonstration or a candle vigil
- to become active in a Tibet support group or ngo (in the board or not)
- to organise, announce, support and attend Tibetan cultural events
- to write articles or press releases about Tibet or Tibet events
- to sign petitions (for example online)
- to finance the education of Tibetan children in India
- to support social projects for the Tibetan people
- to give a donation to Tibet organisations or ngo's
- to dedicate your Birthday Wish here on Facebook (so a fundraising) to a Tibet group
- to add the word "Tibet" as your middle name here on Facebook, an online protest to show that Tibet does exist and that it's not a part of China (for more information: https://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=137856578908&v=info)
STAND UP FOR TIBET. STAND UP FOR JUSTICE. STAND UP FOR HUMANITY. SUPPORT THE TIBETAN PEOPLE.
"Does this include Shugden practitioners who are Tibetans?" If not ~ Why NOT???!

The manifesto that you copypasted does sound familiar. it looks like it was taken from our website, then modified and retrofitted for the Tibetan cause. But it is a good thing because it shows that Tibetans do care enough about Dorje Shugden to come here and learn and pick up a few pointers from us as well. We do talk about Tibetan issues here, dont we? The self immolations, Lobsang Sanggay, CTA's next moves and things like that. Why? Because we do care, even if we are banned and suppressed, that does not mean that we should hate our oppressors. The Dalai Lama does not hate the Chinese, so why would the Tibetans react in such a way? It does not make sense that they would follow the Dalai Lama's ban on Dorje Shugden but ignore completely and utterly the Dalai Lama's advice to not have hatred towards the Chinese. The real thing that is keeping the Tibetans from their independence are two things: Their broken samaya towards their root Gurus and also their hate towards China. Whatever that the Dalai Lama and the negotiators has done to improve ties with China has failed as the hatred against the Chinese prove counterproductive: how can you negotiate with someone you hate? It does not make sense at all.

What about the rights of Dorje Shugden practitioners in Dharamsala? Does anyone see the irony of the suppressed suppressing and oppressing whom they perceive to be bad and they discard any of the Buddhist qualities of compassion and equanimity towards people who have but choose to hold on to their Dharma practice no matter what, and in return they get lynched, ousted from homes and being exiled by their own communities. In what way does the CTA deserve to not be oppressed when they are oppressing others? It is very hypocritical. No matter what the reason, CTA has no right to deny the rights of people from buying groceries or from going to school without having their lives on the line. It goes against humanistic principles, not to mention Buddhist ones.

michaela

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2012, 01:51:17 PM »
Dear Dsiluvu

I could totally relate to what you said above.  Sometimes, when we fight our chance and pleading for the ban to be lifted because of it is based on illogical premise and it violates human rights, I feel like talking to the wall, a very thick wall.  I hate this ban so much because all the negative implications it brought to the people.  I hate to see people being discriminated based on faith, I hate to see my Lama going underground to promote DS, I hate not being able to share about DS openly because I do not want my Lama to be ostracized.  I think it is not fair.  But life is often not fair anyway.  The best thing we can do is to continue our movement and try a lot of creative way to get our voice heard.

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2012, 02:21:36 PM »
Dear Dsiluvu

I could totally relate to what you said above.  Sometimes, when we fight our chance and pleading for the ban to be lifted because of it is based on illogical premise and it violates human rights, I feel like talking to the wall, a very thick wall.  I hate this ban so much because all the negative implications it brought to the people.  I hate to see people being discriminated based on faith, I hate to see my Lama going underground to promote DS, I hate not being able to share about DS openly because I do not want my Lama to be ostracized.  I think it is not fair.  But life is often not fair anyway.  The best thing we can do is to continue our movement and try a lot of creative way to get our voice heard.

The Dalai Lama and the CTA has been ignoring all letters and all pleas to negotiate and to clarify about the ban. This stance and the way it is done is exactly like how China spurned them and refused to talk to them for the longest time on the free Tibet issue. We have been taught that the law of Karma is that the cause resembles the result, so if this is not the result of what they are doing to Dorje Shugden practitioners, what is the cause of them to receive such treatment from China? The more they discriminate against Dorje Shugden practitioners, the more the people in Tibet suffer as it is an exact karmic response to their unjust acts against the Dorje Shugden practitioners. Isolating and ignoring the requests of the Dorje Shugden practitioners for a meaningful dialogue but requesting for meaningful dialogue from China on the other hand is, unfortunately, quite stupid because it just reeks of hypocrisy. It would be nice for a change to see a CTA official stand up and take a stance on the Dorje Shugden WITH THEIR OWN WORDS, without parroting the Dalai Lama, and without turning away the Dorje Shugden practitioners and their charters. Perhaps this will create the karma for China to actually talk to them.

I dont see CTA in being sincere to talk to China. If they were, they would have stopped those nasty rumors going around in the Tibetan settlement against China in the first place, so how and in what way can they be serious about talking to China?

Gabby Potter

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2015, 08:55:04 PM »
We must do everything we can to help the voiceless Tibetans and also to quickly remove the ban of Dorje Shugden so that Dorje Shugden practitioners all around the world can enjoy religious freedom. After so many years, they deserve this, especially the Tibetans who have been fighting so hard and some even sacrificed themselves. This is what we are meant to do, this is why we are in Dharma, to help more people, to benefit them.