Author Topic: Dorje Shugden Beginner's Gift Set  (Read 25545 times)

vajratruth

• Global Moderator
Re: Dorje Shugden Beginner's Gift Set
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2012, 07:03:33 PM »
This is really a great way to introduce Dorje Shugden to newbies and getting them on to the practice immediately. Imagine going to friends who are in need of our Protector's help, explaining to them the benefits of the Shugden practice and then reciting the prayers together with them.

There is no doubts that our Protector can help many people but during these degenerate times, people find a lot of obstacles in learning dharma and even in coming into contact with the image of our enlightened Protector. Therefore the beginners set is a brilliant way of bringing dharma to people and getting Dorje Shugden into their loves.

Dorje Shugden's iconography is also a very simple way to explain the benefits of this practice to beginners.

Aurore

« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2012, 07:33:58 PM »
This is such a good idea and very practical too.  It can also double up as a portable mini altar - bringing the whole set with you whenever you travel. All you ever need packed neatly inside a box.

Is there a version available in other languages?

Yes, this gift set is available in Chinese. No other languages available. Maybe in future who knows?
--> http://shop.dorjeshugden.com/books/dorje-shugden-chinese-gift-set.html

I personally think this set is more appropriate for new practitioners who doesn't know where to start. I have people messaging me on facebook asking me what prayers to do, etc. I think this will help them greatly. To have a guide book, an image to meditate on and a pendant for daily protection. Good work to the dorjeshugden.com team once again for thinking in all aspects to benefit others.

biggyboy

« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2012, 11:12:49 AM »
How nice to have this wonderful and complete set for all to have.   It would be great to get as gifts for friends to start them off with all the necessary information together with an image...portability the name of the game for anyone to carry wherever a person goes.

Quick way to spread DS practice to all. 

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2012, 04:09:49 PM »
Personally, it would be nice if the boxed set includes a nice prayer book that contains the short and medium length sadhana of Dorje Shugden in the boxed set as well. When people get the boxed set they can immediately start their Sadhana. Most people who would buy the boxed set are people who want to do the practice of Dorje Shugden already anyway. Besides, having the sadhana at home in the altar is a very powerful way of blessing the environment. I would really buy a boxed set and bring it whenever I travel so that I can purify the environment that I am in as it will not only benefit me but also benefit the beings and environment whenever I go. I find that Dorje Shugden's mantra usually has a very calming effect whenever I recite it, what more the sadhana?

In any case, I would like to congratulate the team behind this fantastic product as it helps everyone to learn about Dorje Shugden in a much more streamlined way. May more people get touched by Dorje Shugden through this method!

pgdharma

« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2012, 04:51:10 PM »
This is a practical and useful gift set. It will  be very beneficial especially  for beginners who want to start on Dorje Shugden's  practice. The tsa tsa is  beautiful  and  the box is  nicely designed. This is another great way to spread Dorje Shugden's practice and I am so amazed by this team who come up with this new idea. A short prayer book included inside would be great for those who want to start the practice.

Manjushri

« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2012, 06:18:31 PM »
Nice design, Dorje Shugden looks so peaceful, and so does the mood/colour of the entire box set. Upon sight, it instantly sends out the message to me to : "pick me up, and check me out!" Just alone from the aesthetics of the box, it gives out a calming feeling to me, personally. How fitting to Dorje Shugden's practise!

It's like a practical mobile kit. and it's pretty affordable! $25.00! I usually spend more on my meals!...quadruple the amount sometimes. hehe

Anyways, this is such a brilliant product, made with love and care. Thank you, dorjeshugden.com.

kris

« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2012, 08:03:49 AM »
I have just checked the online shop, and I think this picture tells more "stories":

This gift set has everything needed to start the practice: tsa tas for alter, pendants for wearing, comics book and introduction book for the prayers, and I think it is perfect for beginners because it has all the knowledge required.

I will definitely promote this on social mediaand have more people to start practicing!!  I think all should help to promote this gift set too!!

lotus1

« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2012, 10:00:10 AM »
Awesome! This is such a wonderful starter kit for one to start Lord Dorje Shugden’s practice anytime, anywhere. I like it comes with pendant. I can just put on the pendant and bring Lord DS with me everywhere and be blessed by him!   
The story book is so colourful and easy to read that I can know of the history of Lord DS while the introduction book gives me a short but complete explanation of Lord DS, it’s lineage, it’s benefit, and I can follow it’s guide to do daily prayer in front of the beautiful golden colour DS Tsa Tsa! Wonderful! ;)

Tammy

« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2012, 10:23:05 AM »
Dharma gift is a bit tricky to present, I would be very careful in choosing to whom I could give this beginner's set.. However, it is very well thought of and it could even be used by people who would like to start their DS practice, buying it for themselves instead of giving it away..

Some may not like the commercial-nature of this gift set, but personally I do not have any objection as long it is well accepted and serves its purpose of spreading dharma..

Well done !!
Down with the BAN!!!

diablo1974

« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2012, 06:18:36 AM »
I've seen the real thing...hehe, just that i feel that the tsa tsa can be a little big larger. it looks tiny on my altar. or rather i should invite a bigger statue of him into my house. Overall, its a tremendous effort to bring king of protector to every household from DS.com

Kudos to all.

Benny

« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2012, 05:31:01 PM »
Wonderful ! Perfect gift for my protectorless friends this coming Xmas , from where i come from it is not easy to get such precious gifts.

The people from DS.com really are creative and artistic not to mention kind to share this with us the world over. For 100 bucks i can make a difference in the lifes of four of my beloved friends.

Hey, guys just make sure my gift box sets dont get lost in the post  ;D keep up the good work !

Galen

• Email
« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2012, 07:38:04 AM »
Personally, it would be nice if the boxed set includes a nice prayer book that contains the short and medium length sadhana of Dorje Shugden in the boxed set as well. When people get the boxed set they can immediately start their Sadhana. Most people who would buy the boxed set are people who want to do the practice of Dorje Shugden already anyway. Besides, having the sadhana at home in the altar is a very powerful way of blessing the environment. I would really buy a boxed set and bring it whenever I travel so that I can purify the environment that I am in as it will not only benefit me but also benefit the beings and environment whenever I go. I find that Dorje Shugden's mantra usually has a very calming effect whenever I recite it, what more the sadhana?

In any case, I would like to congratulate the team behind this fantastic product as it helps everyone to learn about Dorje Shugden in a much more streamlined way. May more people get touched by Dorje Shugden through this method!

Thank you for the suggestion, Ensapa. I do agree that a sadhana book to be included into the gift set so that people who have gotten the set can start on their practice. No time to waste. This is so practical.

Definitely would be an enhancement and make it more attractive for people to buy it. WIll suggest to the creative team in the online shop.

I always look forward to more products coming out from this online shop as the products helps people alot. Such a good way to spread Dorje Shugden practice to the world. And when the ban is lifted in the near future, there will be an explosion of devotees worldwide!

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2012, 12:01:56 PM »
Thank you for the suggestion, Ensapa. I do agree that a sadhana book to be included into the gift set so that people who have gotten the set can start on their practice. No time to waste. This is so practical.
I figured that logically, people who get the boxed set are not people who do not know who Dorje Shugden is. They know who he is, and they want to know more, particularly on his practice and his Sadhana. I would. I would be really happy to have a boxed set with a sadhana, tsatsa and short explanation. That way the boxed set could make its way to bookstores as boxed sets are very popular there as well. 

Definitely would be an enhancement and make it more attractive for people to buy it. WIll suggest to the creative team in the online shop.
For me, its more of a way to allow people to connect to Dorje Shugden with an easier method. If I was introduced to a new yidam, my first instinct is to look up the mantra and the sadhana of that Yidam. This goes the same with Dorje Shugden and from his Sadhana, i found it very easy to be in tune with Dorje Shugden. If other people have it as well, it would be easy for them to learn about Dorje Shugden in their own personal way.

I always look forward to more products coming out from this online shop as the products helps people alot. Such a good way to spread Dorje Shugden practice to the world. And when the ban is lifted in the near future, there will be an explosion of devotees worldwide!
Oh yes! I have a feeling that the online shop will grow and will have a lot of people buying from them simply because, there is a need. A need for a Dharma protector that will solve their problems on both a secular and spiritual level.

Feedback aside, I think that the boxed set is a very wonderful addition to the online store. It would, also, sit well in new age shops and bookshops as I see them having tarot and voodoo kits for sale, alongside with Tara boxed sets and their instant Buddhist kits and so on. if they can have those for sale, why not Dorje Shugden?

DharmaSpace

« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2012, 05:28:53 PM »
Many people will be getting an early christmas present with this kit out. Perfect for many occasions by why not start on this year's christmas or earlier. This kit makes so easy for anyone around the world to start on this practice. This is so nicely done and it has the short intro to Dorje Shugden inclusive of a short kangso as well. As long as the ban remains this website seems even more increasingly determined to come out with more and more ideas to spread Dorje Shugden even further afield. Great work by the people on this forum.

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2012, 09:09:09 PM »
I don’t think the gift set looks commercial at all. It looks practical and well designed. However, just some feedback, my friend ordered one set and said that the tsa tsa was very heavy though. Perhaps you might consider making lighter tsa tsas so that the postage isn’t such a killer.

I was thinking that as someone else has said, it is a good idea to add a sadhana book in the gift set but since there isn’t one – for whatever reasons dorjeshugden.com has for excluding it – there are of course the online prayers which anyone can download. Here’s the link for your convenience http://www.dorjeshugden.com/prayers/daily-prayers/short-sadhana-of-dorje-shugden/

Well done ds.com for this innovative set! Let’s hope plenty of people order it and start their practice today!
Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being