Author Topic: Dorje Shugden Treasure Vases  (Read 18185 times)

Ensapa

• Email
Dorje Shugden Treasure Vases
« on: September 05, 2012, 04:33:45 PM »
I just noticed something new on the online shop: Dorje Shugden Treasure Vases! This is so exciting! Imagine inviting Ratna Shugden to your home and having him beside you all the time! Would that not be incredible? I dont know where else can we find these wealth vases but here and the best thing of all would be that inviting the treasure vase  also means that we are supporting Shar Ganden! How amazing!

Dorje Shugden Treasure Vases

Dorje Shugden Treasure Vases (Norbum) are made according to an ancient Tibetan tradition which is well known to attract resources and wealth. This treasure vase is based on the increase emanation of Dorje Shugden - Ratna Shugden or Gyenze - and is known to be very fast and efficacious for increasing wealth and resources.

The Gyenze Norbum represents the enlightened energy of Gyenze and these beautiful vases are handmade and blessed in Dorje Shugden monasteries. This Gyenze Norbum is also often used to enhance the Feng Shui of an area by attracting, increasing and strengthening the flow of wealth and prosperity energy in your home or workplace.

Each Norbum contains specially selected items which are highly treasured, such as holy relics, mantras, precious objects, semi-precious stones and metals. There are also extensive preparations for the making of these Norbum and they can only be made by qualified monks who have kept their vows well.

The Norbum can be placed anywhere in your home or workplace. It is not necessary to make offerings although you could make water offerings or any other offerings as you would a Buddha image. Simply keep the Gyenze Norbum somewhere clean and respectful (not on the floor or in a toilet).

You can order it here: http://shop.dorjeshugden.com/blessed-items/dorje-shugden-treasure-vase.html

Galen

• Email
Re: Dorje Shugden Treasure Vases
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2012, 07:15:36 PM »
These precious treasure vases are very rare and only available here at Dorje Shugden Online Shop. I have not seen them anywhere else. Before this, only those privilege can get them from the monasteries where pujas were done by high lamas to consecrate them.

These vases will bring the owner luck, wealth and protection, whether it is displayed in the house or in the office. It contains lots of precious items which are holy. If you are doing business, you should own at least one.

Thank you for bringing these vases to us and giving us a chance to own them.

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2012, 11:56:59 AM »
These treasure vases look amazing. But can lay people like me just have one in our homes? Do I need to make offerings or chant anything? Should I chant Ratna Shugden’s mantra or can Dorje Shugden’s main mantra do? What is the big thick plait that hangs down the front – does it mean anything in particular? Are the vases made from ceramic, in which case would it get broke in the post? Sorry for the 20 questions but I’m very curious!
Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2012, 06:18:23 PM »
Here's a nice guideline to handling a treasure vase:

According to Guru Padmasambhava’s exalted instructions, the all-condensing and profound method of acquiring wealth is by constructing a “Wealth Vase”, also translated as a “Vase of Prosperity”, that is specifically advised for enhancing material riches of Dharma patrons.

What is a Treasure Vase and why should we preserve it at home?

If a Wealth Vase is kept at home, it will not only benefit the entire area but also produces several specific benefits as mentioned in the following:

One’s ancestral lineage will multiply, live long, increase virtues and subsequently lead to accomplishment of any activities consistent to the Dharma.
Crops, trees, fruits and forests will grow abundantly.
The subjects of the teachings, attendants, families, marriages, friendships, will all unite with increased love and harmony or exactly as one wished for.
Wealth that includes gold and silver will come about without having needed to take any troubles.
Success in business, promotions, fame and glory or popularity will naturally become one’s attributes.
It can avert any disasters of the four elements of fire, wind, earth, and water.  In one recent incident in Bhutan, a house was razed to ashes but, a ‘Wealth Vase’ that was blessed by His Holiness Penor Rinpoche, along with its container box remained intact and untouched by the fire.
Eventually, these will culminate in attainment of the ultimate happiness of liberation.
The vases were prepared under the cautious and skilful guidance of Venerable Khenpo Wangchuk Sonam Rinpoche, one of the leading disciples of His Holiness Penor Rinpoche and senior professor of Ngagyur Nyingma Institute.  He is highly proficient in vase making and has been responsible for all vase preparations of Namdroling Monastery (the largest Tibetan Monastery in India).

What is inside a Wealth Vase?

The vase which is fashioned with copper and gold coating on the exterior in the land of exalted being, India, contains the mandala of the five elements, earth, water, fire, wind and space, the eight auspicious symbols, drawings of black and white Dzambhala and of consort Vasudhara which increases strength of merits, the mandala of male and female yakshas, and the pith instructional seal mandala of Dzambhala.  The pictures of wealth goddess of Odiyana, Dzambhala, and Vaisravana along with their respective roll of mantras are placed in the centre of the mandalas.  They are surrounded by substances of five medicines, five grains, five perfumes, five precious gems, and particularly, a pill prepared with an alloy of 23 ‘fortune substances’ given by His Holiness Penor Rinpoche from his ‘treasure box’ or teng-gam.  Contents also include a pill condensing the earth essence gathered from various sacred places - yang tzer rilbu and the Tendu Rilbu, a highly sacred pill will 300 samaya substances.  In keeping with sadhanas, and the art of making vases, special care has been taken to insert entire substances so that substances are neither exceeded not left out.  This vase is the outcome of subtle skills and a combination of wholesome materials and consecration by divine masters.

How does the Wealth Vase bring about blessing?

It is said, although the vase may be made in total consistence with its manuals, if such vases are not consecrated and the fortune deities are not invoked to dwell in it by the assembly of Tulkus, Khenpos and Sanghas for a duration of three to seven days, it would not bring about any benefit.  Thus, the assembly of Tulkus, Khenpos and Sanghas would initially consecrate these vases for a required number of days and later, His Holiness Penor Rinpoche, the manifestation of Guru Padmasambhava and Vimlamitra himself, has presided over the consecration ritual and blessed the vases.  Therefore this vase is so enormously blessed that it is even more precious than the wish-granting jewels, and it is very hard to find on this earth.  Thus, placing it in dirty places, desecrating or opening the vase out of doubt or suspicion are extremely improper actions.

Wisdombeing: yes you can have one in your homes :), you can make offerings if you want to, and you can chant either mantra. I am not too sure about the big plait but the vase seems to be made from copper and is painted (?) the ones I saw was made from copper, not sure about this one.

Hope it helps

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2012, 06:18:24 AM »
Thanks Ensapa. That information was useful. But I would think that different treasure vases would have different content or are all treasure vases the same in content? Also, the information you posted came from the Nyingma tradition. Are the treasure vases from the different Tibetan lineages prepared in the same way with the same content? As these are Ratna Shugden or Gyenze vases, perhaps the most obvious difference would be that there would be images of Gyenze with the respective mantra inside these vases as opposed to (or even in addition to) the wealth deities of Odiyana, Dzambhala and Vaisravana as mentioned in your post above.
Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2012, 07:49:00 AM »
Thanks Ensapa. That information was useful. But I would think that different treasure vases would have different content or are all treasure vases the same in content? Also, the information you posted came from the Nyingma tradition. Are the treasure vases from the different Tibetan lineages prepared in the same way with the same content? As these are Ratna Shugden or Gyenze vases, perhaps the most obvious difference would be that there would be images of Gyenze with the respective mantra inside these vases as opposed to (or even in addition to) the wealth deities of Odiyana, Dzambhala and Vaisravana as mentioned in your post above.

Hi Wisdombeing,

Wealth vases in general are the same across the traditions. Most of the wealth vases would have the same content: mantras, images of the deity, objects that represent wealth, blessed items, holy relic pills and so on. It also needs to be prepared with prayers where they invite the actual deity into the wealth vase to consecrate them. There are many different kinds of wealth vases, but they are all done the same way only the deity is different.  The article I posted is to help all of us understand about treasure vases in general.

Here's another writeup that we can read up on to increase our knowledge of treasure vases:

Two thousand and five hundred years ago, Buddha prophesied the coming of a time of great degeneration. Through his compassion, Buddha gave specific instructions for healing the environment in such degenerate times and restoring the energy of the different realms of existence and the beings living therein. The production of Treasure Vases was among these instructions and through this ancient remedy the five essential elements (earth, water, fire, air and space) can be brought back into balance and their vitality replenished.

The Treasure Vases were very well known in Tibet for centuries, and many families had them. The Treasure Vase (Norbum) brings blessings to its possessor. Traditionally, the Vase was considered to protect from the negative influences of both human and non-human beings. It protected the holder from fears of life and death. It strengthened karmic connections so that the obstacles to material gain and prosperity were eliminated. It also improved the spiritual environment so worldly and transcendental accomplishments were more easily obtained.

These Treasure Vases, containing ingredients collected from many different parts of the world, were consecrated by the monks of Gyuto Monastery on an auspicious day of the month, when all the planets and constellations were in their most beneficial alignment.
Inside them are pictures of the Five Wealth-bestowing Deities of the White Dzambhala, auspicious symbols, and Dzambhala mantras dedicated to the benefit of all beings through increase in merit, wealth and abundance. The vases were filled with rare and rich fragrances, medicinal plants, medicine pills and holy objects collected from many different monasteries. In addition, they contain water from Mount Kailash and the Ganges River, as well as earth from such holy places as Kailash, Lumbini (where Buddha was born) and Buddha Gaya (where Buddha manifested enlightenment). Each vase also contains numerous small spheres of high quality porcelain clay into which the ground powder of such precious stones as coral, turquoise, pearl, gold and silver have been mixed.

The purpose of Treasure Vases is to bring prosperity - whether material, emotional or spiritual - to their owners. According to their various desires, this prosperity may take the form of material wealth, a new baby, good health, or the healing of family conflicts.

Producing Treasure Vases is a spiritual activity that requires many days of preparation. The ceremony performed by the Gyuto monks who consecrated these vases took three days to complete.

Caring for the Wealth Vase
The Wealth Vase should never be put on the floor. If you maintain a Buddhist altar in your home, this is the best place for your vase. Placing the vase on your kitchen counter or on your dining room table, for example, is not recommended.

It is a very beneficial to have a Treasure Vase in your house or place of business.

shugdenpromoter

• Email
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2012, 04:21:24 PM »
I have a friend of mine who has this vase had home. She bought it when she visited Gaden. When she invited home, a few months after that, her husband managed to get a contract which is worth so much money that her family will be ok financially for the rest of their life.

This vase is not easy to find, many people gets themselves mix up with the NAGA vase which is similar but dangerous if the owner does not how to handle it.

This Shugden vase is very different and it brings good fortune to the owner. Therefore, we need to buy from a realiable source.

Big Uncle

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2012, 05:46:05 PM »
Some general information on Wealth Vases
taken from http://fourgates.com/blog/medicine-buddha-health-wealth-vases/

The origin of Health and Wealth Vases comes to us from the highly realized 10th century Indian saint and Buddhist Master, Atisha. He was taught about these from Mother Tara and other enlightened sources who guided him to relieve poverty, non-virtue and material difficulties through the power of blessings contained in the consecrated vases.

The Indian saint Atisha traveled to Tibet from India. What he found was that Tibet was a harsh, barren land with a great deal of poverty. Life was difficult for Tibetans. Atisha was inspired by his kindness and compassion to create spiritual magnetism for the people of Tibet through the blessings of health and wealth vases.

The outer manifestation of the Wealth Treasure Vase is as a vessel containing various precious substances, such as, gold, silver, semi-precious stones, shells, and turquoise. Wealth Vases also contain grains, such as, peas, lentils, rice and all kinds of good things that beings like. It has pictures and mantras of a wealth deity, and it contains a small image of sacred deities. The five elements, five colors and five Enlightened Buddha energies are represented in the creation of the consecrated vase.

These vases are made following very specific ritual instructions and with precious items. This may include relics from high Lamas and the five natural elements.

While the Wealth Vase is being filled, monks recite prayers over the vases. Once completed, a large prayer session is conducted to invoke the energies of that particular Buddha and/or wealth Buddhas, such as Dzambala. Then the vases are sealed.

Wealth Vases can be kept in your sacred space in your house, or in shrine room. However, do not store them in the bathroom. It is best to place the Medicine Buddha Health Vase at your place of business, in a office or anywhere that is clean and special to you. However, they should not be touched with bare hands and it would be best to put them in a casing, in a safe place.

dondrup

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2012, 07:01:43 PM »
Another excellent product made easily available by dorjeshugden.com team!  Thank You!  This Dorje Shugden Treasure Vase will make excellent gifts and also help spread the practice of Wealth Vases. Another must have for Dorje Shugden fans!  Furthermore any purchase of these wealth vases help support the Shar Gaden Monastery and Dorjeshugden.com!

Manjushri

« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2012, 11:03:59 AM »
These treasure vases look amazing. But can lay people like me just have one in our homes? Do I need to make offerings or chant anything? Should I chant Ratna Shugden’s mantra or can Dorje Shugden’s main mantra do? What is the big thick plait that hangs down the front – does it mean anything in particular? Are the vases made from ceramic, in which case would it get broke in the post? Sorry for the 20 questions but I’m very curious!

Yea the treasure vases do look amazing. I like the bright multi colours found on the treasure vases. I guess the design and the colour adds a little more 'life' to that corner of your home, although the colours represent enlightened energies of the Buddhas.

From what I remember a long time ago, after speaking with dad who has a wealth vase at home, he told me that we can treat the wealth vase as a Buddha, as it contains the blessings and energies of the invoked Buddhas. Therefore, we can chant mantras to it, Gyenze's mantra in this case of the Gyenze Norbum, and make offerings to the wealth vase on a daily basis as well.

Dad does water offerings to his wealth vase.

Here's a section I extracted on making offerings to the wealth vase from the FPMT website:

Getting offering to offer to Wealth Vase inside the cabinet

The offering in the wealth cabinet should be something that pleases the five senses - eye, ears, smell, taste and feeling.

Offering for eye senses such as beautiful flowers, beautiful jewels.

Offering for ear sense can be instrument for beautiful sound such as bell, conch shell, drum, thrumphet, guitar, piano, any form of music instrument.

Offering for smell such as perfume, incense, saffron.

Offering for taste such as dried food, can food, sweet, drinks, milk powder, butter, yogurt, sugar, honey, rock sugar, different grains such as beans, rice, wheat, nuts, mustard seeds, olive oil, sun flower oil, bean oil, coconut oil.

Offering for feeling is beautiful brocade – five colorful brocade or clothes.

All these offerings, the size & quantity is totally depends on your cabinet, it can be very small just as a substance or it can be very big. It is totally up to your size of cabinet. All the food try to get something that can last for one year. Other offerings if you can get, you can also put like toy elephant, toy car, toy horse, toy house, any form of crystal such as crystal flower, crystal apple and other forms of fruits, or crystal mongoose or rat, collection of coins, money, different jewelry such as gold, silver, copper, pearl, coral, torquise, lapis, jade, diamond, and any other precious stone whatever you get.

Do read more (http://www.fpmt-ldc.org/res_wvase.php), as it speaks about consecrating the wealth vase. However in the case of the Gyenze Norbum sold in the shop, I am pretty sure it has already been consecrated as it is from the monasteries.

To the rest of your questions, Wisdom Being.. I don't know much about the plait but what I do know is that if the wealth vase is wrapped properly prior to postage, I am sure it would arrive at your doorstep intact :)

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2012, 05:54:05 PM »
I have a friend of mine who has this vase had home. She bought it when she visited Gaden. When she invited home, a few months after that, her husband managed to get a contract which is worth so much money that her family will be ok financially for the rest of their life.

This vase is not easy to find, many people gets themselves mix up with the NAGA vase which is similar but dangerous if the owner does not how to handle it.

This Shugden vase is very different and it brings good fortune to the owner. Therefore, we need to buy from a realiable source.

It's very important to get wealth vases from the correct source. getting it from the incorrect source could result in unhappy things happening: you do not know what the vase is for, what it contains and what kind of energy it emits. For example, there are some vases that are meant as an offering to the nagas or the local deities. These are NOT meant to be placed at home and it will bring calamities. Naga vases are dangerous as well as Nagas are not enlightened beings and there are rules to observe when handling them and if these are not heeded, the Naga in the vase may be offended and harm the owner instead. Wealth vases can also contain the energies of other beings, such as oathbound protectors which are equally dangerous. Therefore, it is best to get a vase from a trusted source such as one's Guru or from a reputable website with extensive explanations on what it is and the source and how it is made and produced.

I feel so amazing that these vases are made available for us, because most of us could use a little boost from Ratna Shugden's amazing energy. Hope i can save up enough to invite one home~!

Zach

« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2012, 09:32:01 PM »
Could someone please inform us where these Vases where consecrated ?

yontenjamyang

• Email
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2012, 06:05:33 AM »
I was given a vase by a friend a few years back and I put it in my office. Initially I did not make any offerings but just put it in a proper place. I am happy to say that personally I feel the effect of increase in both Dharma and worldly prosperity. Things just got more and more intense for both. The energy is incredible. Now I just got another 2. One for the house and another for the office. Hehe.

I understand the the Gyenze form not only represents increase but by itself is a complete manifestation of all the  5 forms and 4 activities. The Gyenze form is just skewed towards increase. Hence, the wealth vase will also brings about peace, control and wrath when needed. I think this is wonderful for this degenerate age as the emphasize on wealth is  great but Gyenze will also bring us all the way to enlightenment. What more can we want? I wonder what merits one needs to be able to have a wealth vase? Must have done something good in a past life to deserve this. How eminently fortunate we are!

DharmaSpace

« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2012, 09:04:15 AM »
I always thought the first wealth vases was when Lama aAisha consulted with Tara, seems like I am mistaken from what Ensapa has posted. Wealth vases can support the many monks from the great Serpom and Shar gaden monasteries in india we should support these monks so they can preserve the buddha dharma for many more generations to come at the same time, if it has Dorje Shugden's manifestations energy in it. Not only we get the buddha's power to increase all we have in effort, resources and etc we also get protection also from the protective nature of the dharmapalas.

Tammy

« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2012, 10:10:44 AM »
I invited a wealth vase home many years ago and it is gracing my main altar at home.

When We invited the wealth base, we were told that we are NOT to touch it with our bear hands and have to hold it using a khata. E reason given was that the vase was consecrated by high lamas, hence the touch of lay people would 'nullified' it's power.... Is this true ?
Down with the BAN!!!