Author Topic: Lama Zopa writes a foreword AGAINST Shugden  (Read 23258 times)

Ensapa

• Email
Re: Lama Zopa writes a foreword AGAINST Shugden
« Reply #45 on: October 08, 2012, 02:06:50 PM »
I personally do not believe Lama Zopa Rinpoche would write such a forward that goes against Dorje Shugden!  It was Dorje Shugden who gave Lama Zopa his official recognition as a Rinpoche!  How can Kyabje Lama Zopa not have gratitude for Dorje Shugden?  Not logical!  Why would Lama Zopa want to create further schism amongst the Mongolian practitioners when the ban has already generated so much unnecessary sufferings for the Gelugpa practitioners?
The style, tone and content of the foreword is very uncharacteristic of Lama Zopa and perhaps it is the work of someone who imitates Lama Zopa's style (but fails). Also, this book is HHDL's book on the negativities of Dorje Shugden, so no one knows for sure if Lama Zopa was forced to lend his name to this book. I do not think Lama Zopa would promote disharmony or discord anywhere.

How do you substantiate the stories in the forward with concrete evidences that they are true?  Surely at the time before the ban, many would have addressed these queries with Pabongka Rinpoche, Trijang Rinpoche,  and all the lineage and high lamas?
Obviously, these stories have a very sketchy origin, and its not of how Lama Zopa would present his stories or his teachings. He would always state the source and exact time and name of place instead of just focusing on the incident alone. This style of writing is very similar to the style that is used by HHDL's website to degrade Dorje Shugden with unverifiable material. It is the same style. I am not surprised if Lama Zopa was forced to lend his name against his will for this. perhaps that also explains why he does not come out to teach as much as he used to anymore.

I am glad I am not the only one who feels this way about this foreword. It certainly does smell very fishy in more ways than one. Perhaps in due time we will find out if this foreword was really written by Lama Zopa or a shadow writer.