Author Topic: Is Dharmawheel.net really against Shugden?  (Read 24895 times)

Ensapa

• Email
Re: Is Dharmawheel.net really against Shugden?
« Reply #45 on: January 23, 2013, 03:42:12 AM »
Oh man I cracked myself up when I read this thread where Dzongzar Khyentse Rinpoche's rules for social media for so called vajrayana students was posted up.

http://dharmawheel.net/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=11547

There are so many people who still want to wriggle their wan out of the advice and do as they please:

Re: Dzongsar Khyentse's Advice for Social Media
by conebeckham » Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:15 am

I read this on FB, as well.
I'm mulling it over...but, what about Liberation by Seeing?

I do think there's something to be said for "motivation"--but, for example, what about our recent Torma thread?

eh, HELLO? Isnt the guidelines clear enough? Still trying to find ways to justify posting those beings so that you can be bodhisattvas....ooooh look at me i post these pics up to bless people so its okay even that my Guru says it is not. Its the context.

e: Dzongsar Khyentse's Advice for Social Media
by Yudron » Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:26 am

conebeckham wrote:
I read this on FB, as well.
I'm mulling it over...but, what about Liberation by Seeing?

I do think there's something to be said for "motivation"--but, for example, what about our recent Torma thread?

Well, I'm thinking about it, too. Firstly, I see a dedicated Buddhist forum as different than FB. People come here because they are exploring Buddhism, or are Buddhist.

Rinpoche did not mention shrines and tormas specifically, but I am debating removing my shrine photos from FB, or limiting viewing to friends. DJKR is one of our lineage lamas, and I take his advice very seriously.

then go ahead and remove it? what is there to debate with your Guru's direct instructions? You saying you're debating to remove a picture of your shrine means you're not taking him seriously. duh.

Now I know why nobody in my previous center ever took esangha seriously in the first place because the same issue is happening with dharmawheel as well. Nobody there practices, they just discuss.

To me, this represents the bottom tier of Buddhist practitioners, especially of the vajrayana level. In fact they havent even make it through the Sutra level yet where you learn to accumulate knowledge and develop the mind further for higher practices. And as no surprise, practitioners of this quality tend to be Dalai Lama fans and anti Shugdenites and most of the time, they dont even know why or that the 'facts' they have are imaginary. Jumping straight into tantra and skipping the sutra to me is a cover for lack of Dharma practice and to cover their ego.

Note that the forum still has Dzogchen, Chod and tantra talk sections discussing the very things the social media guidelines spoke against. I wonder if they REALLY get the message of taking down those sections.