Author Topic: A new dawn of Tulkus  (Read 34951 times)

kris

Re: A new dawn of Tulkus
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2012, 03:28:12 PM »
Thanks to all who give the interesting reads!! I grow up in a place where the monks are pretty "normal", and there is no such things as "crazy wisdom". I must say that Tibetan Lamas are the very "interesting" monks, where they always have new ways to teach Dharma to us, and some times, the ways really challenge our views/perspectives.

But I must say, all these new ways of teachings are necessary because things are very different now compared to 2500 years ago...

Big Uncle

« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2012, 11:16:05 PM »
This is interesting stuff. Did you guys know that Gomo Tulku already has two R&B and Rap songs under his belt. I found these on the YouTube. Check it out:-

1. Photograph
Gomo Tulku - Photograph

2. Let Me Down
Gomo Tulku - Let Me Down (Official Video)

3. Gomo Tulku - Don't You Know ft. Jidenna (Tibet Tribute)
Gomo Tulku - Don't You Know ft. Jidenna (Tibet Tribute)

If you read the comments, there are many who are impressed and love these songs. However, Gomo Tulku is not without his detractors. There are several messages that requests him not to waste any more of FPMT's money. I don't want to get into the messy details about the funding of his musical career. However, I do think that he has a purpose and reason behind his musical career that would be beneficial in the future. We shall see how this plays out because his name does evoke a certain awareness for his incarnation status and the religious background that he came from. He might use that in the future to promote Buddhism or he might return to it later.

harrynephew

• Love Shugden, Love all Lamas, Heal the World!
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2012, 05:20:39 AM »
conventions vs altruism

we will never be able to understand what these highly evolved beings are born into this world to do. When the Buddha was around, he was all up against social norms, that every path he tread would mean stepping on someone else's tail offending them.

It doesn't mean we can go around doing the same thing but it only means there is another way besides the social norms to reach to more people. Could u imagine a world where everyone goes according to mainstream? Boring? and dead boring.....

Notice a series of consistency in these people, when it comes to Dharma, they take their hats off, concentrate and really carry the charisma of a Buddhist master. That's what make me jaws fall off in awe
Harry Nephew

Love Shugden, Love all Lamas, Heal the World!

DharmaSpace

« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2012, 04:12:45 AM »
As Buddhism spreads to the rest of the world I feel the lamas/teachers have to find more ways to sharing the dharma with practitioners. In some cases blue jeans work better, than robes. People who are in robes can be a tad bit intimidating at times I must admit, when I recollected how I viewed the monks in their robes.
For Lama Osel not to manifest his buddha like activities, as Ensapa mentioned is due to broken samaya with Dorje Shugden. FPMT came up and expanded due to the Lama Yeshe and Dorje Shugden, huge pujas of dorje Shugden was done in the hey days of Kopan. Now once FPMT have grown huge Dorje Shugden is just discarded like a way side deity, and practitioners in FPMT conduct witchhunts to root out Dorje SHugden practitioners? It does not sound right which ever way you look at it. If the lamas of old do not find a problem with Dorje Shugden propitiation why do we find problems with it? Are Lamas in the past 300-400 years more deluded than the beings and lamas of these times? That can't be true as we are in the degenerate age, things are getting worst with time.

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2013, 03:59:35 AM »
If you read the comments, there are many who are impressed and love these songs. However, Gomo Tulku is not without his detractors. There are several messages that requests him not to waste any more of FPMT's money. I don't want to get into the messy details about the funding of his musical career. However, I do think that he has a purpose and reason behind his musical career that would be beneficial in the future. We shall see how this plays out because his name does evoke a certain awareness for his incarnation status and the religious background that he came from. He might use that in the future to promote Buddhism or he might return to it later.

there will always be detractors of something, no high lama is spared from criticism. Even Lama Zopa had been criticised before for continuously coughing during his talks by an ignorant couple. But what is interesting is that he is producing these songs that have very little commercial gain, almost like he wants to prove a point. If he is using FPMT's money and there are people upset about it, perhaps he is making a very strong point that they should not try and dictate how their Lama should manifest because that will only bring them more pain and unhappiness in the long run. By the way, Gomo Tulku is close with Osel Hita in this life and there have been talks that they will collaborate together in future projects.