Author Topic: Monks of Serpom and Shar Gaden  (Read 25098 times)

Vajraprotector

• Administrator
Re: Monks of Serpom and Shar Gaden
« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2012, 04:48:05 PM »

With regard to the recognition of new Tulku, does Shar Gaden and Serpom have the same rights to enthrone new Tulkus in their monasteries as compared to the other "non DS" monasteries?  Who will be the approval authority since they are not officially related to HHDL?

I heard somewhere that Domo Geshe mum found this definitive website and how the information was presented in this website convinced her to send her child to Shar Gaden, so this website is really pivotal for the spread of Dorje Shugden and giving the right information. I think Shar Gaden recognises their own tulkus like Domo Geshe.

I think Shar Gaden and Serpom can enthrone new Tulkus in their monasteries, but the issue will be who is given/ has the authority to recognise these Tulkus since it has always been His Holienss who has the say.

The current Domo Geshe Chocktrul Rinpoche was recognised and enthroned by Kyabje Trijang Chocktrul Rinpoche, details below:

In the early summer of 2006, from a list of names gathered by the Search Committee, Kyabje Trijang Chocktrul Rinpoche selected one child, a boy born in June 2003 in New York City to Karma and Hishey Dorji of Sikkim.

Over the next two years, representatives of the Dungkar Gonpa Society and Rinpoche’s monasteries met the child and his parents several times. They learned not only of the extraordinary signs and omens that the family had witnessed, but they also experienced for themselves many indications that this young child was truly the reincarnation of their revered Teacher.

In the early spring of 2008 the Tulku, who was given the name Losang Jigme Nyak-gi Wangchuk by Kyabje Trijang Chocktrul Rinpoche, was enthroned in Samten Choling Monastery, in Ghoom, India; in Tashi Choling Monastery in Kurseong, India; and in Enchey House, the ancestral home of the previous Domo Geshe Rinpoche, in Gangtok, Sikkim. Hundreds of well-wishers and disciples of the previous Domo Geshe Rinpoche attended these joyous events.  

On June 21, 2008, at Gangjong Namgyal, the headquarters of the Dungkar Gonpa Society, the hair-cutting and final enthronement ceremonies took place. Kyabje Trijang Chocktrul Rinpoche and Kyabje Yongyal Rinpoche presided. Achok Rinpoche, Gangchen Rinpoche, Zawa Rinpoche and Michel Rinpoche also took part, and Helmut Gassner attended as Gonsar Rinpoche’s representative. (Kyabje Phabongkha Rinpoche sent Kentrul Rinpoche, who arrived several days later, as his representative.) In addition, many Lamas as well as friends and disciples from around the world attended the ceremony and the day-long celebration. As Kyabje Trijang Chocktrul Rinpoche said at the beginning of the ceremony, the young Tulku has been recognized in order for him “to continue his activities for the flourishing of the teachings of the Buddha, particularly for the teachings of the great master Je Tsong Khapa.”  

From http://www.domogesherinpoche.org/

DharmaSpace

« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2012, 03:21:31 PM »
If there are high beings who knowingly want to recognise high lamas incarnation and they are of Trijang Rinpoche's calibre I would believe it. The nature of the ban is such that the Dalai Lama looks like he wont be doing any favours for Dorje Shugden practitioners and lamas and Domo Geshe was one of the most top lamas who have relied very strongly on Dorje Shudgen. 

So Trijang Rinpoche is so high and realised, and he definitely know thee is karma associated with recognising a tulku incorrectly. If Trijang Rinpoche is alright to take the responsibility to recognise Domo Geshe it is good enough for me.

Who gave the Dalai Lama the authority to recognise the Karmapas for example?

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #32 on: June 17, 2012, 03:44:04 PM »
the tulku that Trijang Rinpoche recognized is no doubt the real one as there were many interesting signs when he accepted the enthronement. All the butterlamps in his monastery crystallized when he accepted the enthronement. This could only mean that he is the real reincarnation and that he will benefit an infinite amount of beings. read more on the miracles here: http://dorjeshugden.com/wp/?p=11761

Although His Holiness traditionally recognizes and approves of the reincarnations, but all the same the abbot of a monastery and the oracle can do the recognition too. Also, an authentic tulku will be able to have the same magnitude of energy and achievements as the previous one, but with the recognition they will be able to benefit more people in a shorter time.

As the Dalai Lama works very hard for the sake of Tibet and preserving and spreading Tibetan Buddhism throughout the world, he does have certain perks, and one of them is recognizing tulkus and approving their incarnations. HHDL's endorsement would also mean the endorsement of the whole of Tibet as His Holiness does indeed have that weight on his shoulders.

But in the advent of things such as the ban and the split between Ganden, Sera and Drepung and Shar Ganden and Serpom, there must be some changes around as pro DS lamas are automatically not recognized by HHDL or the CTA even if they happen to the be real incarnation for obvious reasons. In lieu of that, I dont think there is a problem if the abbot stands in the place of HHDL in the recognition process. Do correct me if i am wrong as this is based on my inference.

michaela

« Reply #33 on: July 04, 2012, 02:55:17 AM »

Who gave the Dalai Lama the authority to recognise the Karmapas for example?

Dear Dharmaspace

Karmapa Ogyen Trinley Dorje was recognized by Situ Rinpoche and Gyaltsab Rinpoche.

Karmapa Trinley Thaye Dorje was recognized by Sharmapa Rinpoche.

Situ Rinpoche, Gyaltsab Rinpoche, and Sharmapa Rinpoche are high Kagyu Lamas.  All these three Lamas requested confirmation from HHDL about which reincarnation is the main incarnation.  HHDL through his divination stated that Karmapa Ogyen Trinley Dorje is the main incarnation.

dsiluvu

« Reply #34 on: July 04, 2012, 08:06:01 AM »
Actually, most of the younger boys here are very well insulated from the discrimination. The youngsters usually do not go very far from the monastery so they are well looked after. They all have a 'house-teacher' who makes sure they are safe and keeps track of their whereabouts.

The parents who send their children here do so much of the time because they know that Shar Gaden and Serpom have top-notch educational programs and have solid reputations as well disciplined monasteries. They also know that many of the renowned Lamas of the Gelug lineage endorse these monasteries.

Brilliant! It goes to show that Shar Gaden and Serpom Monastery will continue to grow with these young budding monks who will be our future and next generation of Dharma teachers that carries our pure lineage. It is wonderful news to know that even on such difficult circumstances, parents are making conscious decisions that I am sure is quite difficult during this BAN to send their kids to a Dorje Shugden practiced monastery, it shows their devotion, faith and loyalty to their Gurus, lineage and protector and obviously that supersedes political agendas.

In regards
to the recognition of new Tulku, does Shar Gaden and Serpom have the same rights to enthrone new Tulkus in their monasteries as compared to the other "non DS" monasteries?  Who will be the approval authority since they are not officially related to HHDL?

It has already begun hasn't it with the recognition of Domo Geshe Rinpoche... this will now pave the way of the continuity in recognizing Rinpoche's and Tulkus of Dorje Shugden lineage. I see that once His Holiness passes... more and more Gelugpa practitioners will start looking toward Trijang Chocktrul Rinpoche for guidance. This is inevitable... who else do they have really, once His Holiness passes. All the other schools have their respective Head to do this as well. And the best part is there will no longer be a 3rd party involve.

However I am curious who will be appointed/authorise who will be the next Gaden Tripa. Heard that the current one is purposely chosen due to His politically correct stance, which is quite sad. So after him who and if His Holiness is not around, who will be the ones to authorize it? 

Losang_Tenpa

• Email
« Reply #35 on: July 08, 2012, 01:13:28 PM »
67 new arrivals at Shar Gaden

http://shargadenpa.org/new-arrivals

tsangpakarpo

« Reply #36 on: July 08, 2012, 01:22:46 PM »
Great news! Just few days ago I read in this forum about rumours of Shar Gaden not being able to support themselves financially hence wanting to give up Dorje Shugden's practice to rejoin Gaden Shartse. I guess the rumours are now proven false with news of 67 novice monks arriving at Shar Gaden!

These novice monks will be taught well in Shar Gaden for sure. Looks like Domo Geshe Rinpoche has more friends of his age now. Domo Geshe Rinpoche along with all these novice monks will be the future leaders and teachers of Shar Gaden. By then, the ban should be lifted and hopefully Gaden Shartse and Shar Gaden will rejoin to form a greater force led by these monks!

The arrival of the 67 novice monks also proves a point that Dorje Shugden's practice continues to grow. Now, Gaden Shartse, what do you have to say?

michaela

« Reply #37 on: July 08, 2012, 02:40:51 PM »
67 new arrivals at Shar Gaden

http://shargadenpa.org/new-arrivals

I pray that DS will continue to bless, protect, and help Shar Gaden to grow.  I always admire their decisions to hold what they believe to be right.

michaela

« Reply #38 on: July 09, 2012, 03:07:37 PM »
Losang_Tenpa

I have a question.  Who administered Geshe examination at Serpom and Shar Gaden?  Who have the authority to say that someone is worthy of his Geshe degree?  In Trijang Rinpoche's biography, Illusory Play, I noticed that since his time, Abbot's seal of approval alone is not enough to declare that someone is a Geshe.

Zach

« Reply #39 on: July 09, 2012, 04:50:22 PM »
Losang_Tenpa

I have a question.  Who administered Geshe examination at Serpom and Shar Gaden?  Who have the authority to say that someone is worthy of his Geshe degree?  In Trijang Rinpoche's biography, Illusory Play, I noticed that since his time, Abbot's seal of approval alone is not enough to declare that someone is a Geshe.

There are many there capable, I think approval from the 101st Gaden Tripa would more then be adequate.  :P

dsiluvu

« Reply #40 on: July 11, 2012, 12:25:00 PM »
Great news! Just few days ago I read in this forum about rumours of Shar Gaden not being able to support themselves financially hence wanting to give up Dorje Shugden's practice to rejoin Gaden Shartse. I guess the rumours are now proven false with news of 67 novice monks arriving at Shar Gaden!

These novice monks will be taught well in Shar Gaden for sure. Looks like Domo Geshe Rinpoche has more friends of his age now. Domo Geshe Rinpoche along with all these novice monks will be the future leaders and teachers of Shar Gaden. By then, the ban should be lifted and hopefully Gaden Shartse and Shar Gaden will rejoin to form a greater force led by these monks!

The arrival of the 67 novice monks also proves a point that Dorje Shugden's practice continues to grow. Now, Gaden Shartse, what do you have to say?

This also indicates to me that more and more monks are gaining up their courage to stay true and loyal to their Guru and practice.  They also give out a wonderful message to the monks in Gaden that being truthful and loyal to ones practice is more important then politics. This I believe will then trigger monks from Gaden to perhaps have their point of view doubled checked, and perhaps join Serpom/Shar Gaden. 

I had a funny thought... imagine if little by little monks keep coming in to Serpom... eventually the infamous Gaden Monastery monks will be smaller in no? So what will happened next??? And especially when His Holiness is gone, no offense, why should they stay on in Gaden and pretend they do not like Dorje Shugden for those who do, that is.

There is then no more need to hide in secret how they really feel. I say this because I have heard from monk friends that monks in Gaden do secretly and quietly have interactions with their monk friends at night to talk and exchange - which I find do sad having to hide even your friendship. And what would then stop Gaden/Sera and Drepung to say Bye Bye to the BAN? All they need is the Gaden Tripa, Thubten Nyima Lungtok,  to say it because He is after all their rightful head! And why wouldn't He as I heard He is also a Dorje Shugden practitioner before but now just towing the line with HHDL.