Author Topic: HHDL showing his human side  (Read 11236 times)

Vajraprotector

• Administrator
Re: HHDL showing his human side
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2012, 07:33:07 PM »
I do believe all great beings work together to preserve and continue the holy precious teachings that will benefit countless beings, whether they choose to appear as human or superhuman. 

Recently, I read this below in a catholic magazine online (Nagarjuna in Catholic magazine!) Due to the His Holiness' great work of working hard for the Tibetan cause and promoting Dharma, everyone knows His Holiness and wants to know what goes on in his head.  Here's a piece of it  ;D

Dalai Lama writes in The Universe in a Single Atom, “According to the theory of emptiness, any belief in an objective reality grounded in the assumption of intrinsic, independent existence is untenable. All things and events, whether material, mental or even abstract concepts like time, are devoid of objective, independent existence.” 

Recognizing this illusion is important, claims the Dalai Lama, because such division is the cause of suffering. Invoking the central Buddhist philosopher Nagarjuna, the Dalai Lama writes: “…Nagarjuna argues that grasping at the independent existence of things leads to affliction, which in turn gives rise to a chain of destructive actions, reactions and suffering.” 

In addition to these moral concerns, the Dalai Lama bases his appreciation for modern science, physics in particular, in this Buddhist concept of negation.  “To a Mahayana Buddhist exposed to Nagarjuna’s thought, there is an unmistakable resonance between the notion of emptiness and the new physics.  If on the quantum level, matter is revealed to be less solid and definable than it appears, then it seems to me that science is coming closer to the Buddhist contemplative insights of emptiness and interdependence.”

Dalai Lama had discourses with philosophers, spiritual heads, heads of government, scientists and so many more,  yet able to bring Buddhist wisdom to them in myriad way. If this is not the work of a Bodhisattva, tell me what is  8)?

Tammy

Re: HHDL showing his human side
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2012, 10:41:27 PM »
I always respect HHDL for his work of spreading dharma far and wide. His teaching is simple yet profound, able to reach people of various stages of spirituality. His books on Happiness are easy to read and had brought peace in many minds.

His decision in imposing ban on DS practise must have an acceptable reason behind it and in time to come, I am sure all of us will know the truth and understand where he came from.
Down with the BAN!!!