Author Topic: Dalai Lama is a Dorje Shugden Practitioner  (Read 7280 times)

michaela

Dalai Lama is a Dorje Shugden Practitioner
« on: May 01, 2012, 04:28:45 PM »
I found an interesting account in Illusory Play - Trijang Rinpoche's autobiography.  In page 95, last paragraph, it is stated,

"His Holiness said that I should have new fully qualified tangkas painted as supports for his meditation with images of Solitary Hero Yamantaka, the Five Kings, and the Five Families of Gyalchen Dorje Shugden."

This is an undisputed evidence that the 14th Dalai Lama is a Dorje Shugden practitioner and everything he instituted such as the ban and the conflict surrounding DS is only a play shown to us by enlightened beings.

LosangKhyentse

• WORLD PEACE PROTECTOR DORJE SHUGDEN
Re: Dalai Lama is a Dorje Shugden Practitioner
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2012, 06:47:40 PM »
I found an interesting account in Illusory Play - Trijang Rinpoche's autobiography.  In page 95, last paragraph, it is stated,

"His Holiness said that I should have new fully qualified tangkas painted as supports for his meditation with images of Solitary Hero Yamantaka, the Five Kings, and the Five Families of Gyalchen Dorje Shugden."

This is an undisputed evidence that the 14th Dalai Lama is a Dorje Shugden practitioner and everything he instituted such as the ban and the conflict surrounding DS is only a play shown to us by enlightened beings.

It is a well known and accepted fact Dalai Lama worshipped Shugden for many years till he decided to give it up forcing others to give it up also.

TK

michaela

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2012, 11:36:57 PM »
So after so many years, he suddenly said that Dorje Shugden is a spirit and expect the whole world to follow him  :).

diablo1974

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2012, 04:25:59 PM »
Whether if DL is a DS practitioner, it cannot be proven now. A rumor or fact will create its group of followers. So i will let them be and focus on what we are doing now and continue to preserve and defend DS at our own means but with compassion. IF DL is a DS practitioner in secret, its good to have that as truth but even if he is not, (which already been a known 'fact'). DS is still around...

beggar

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2012, 04:52:55 PM »
This is true for a fact that the Dalai Lama was a Shugden practitioner. He admits it himself in public talks, stating immediately afterwards that he had "made a mistaken". How could someone who has complete control over his rebirths lifetime after lifetime, and who is recognised by so many high Lamas as being an incarnation of Avalokiteshvara, suddenly "make a mistaken" like this?

Dalai Lama is known to also have written praises to Shugden, making references to his enlightened nature.

See this prayer:

MELODY OF THE UNCEASING VAJRA

A Propitiation of Mighty Gyalchen Dorje Shugden,
Protector of Conqueror Manjusri Tsongkhapa’s Teachings

HUM
Glory of the wisdom, compassion and power of infinite Buddhas
Miraculously powerful protector of Manjusri Tsongkhapa’s Teachings
Arisen as a lord of all wrathful worldly hosts
Come from the abodes of Tushita, Kechara, and so forth!

Prostrating with devotion of body, speech, and mind
I confess all mistakes and faults in which
Out of delusion, I have contradicted your holy mind:
Accept with forbearance and show your smiling face!

Arising from the sport of non-dual bliss and void
Are offerings and torma of flesh and blood heaped like a mountain
First portions of milk, yogurt, beer and tea swirling like the ocean

Auspicious signs and substances and various animals
Peaceful and wrathful ornaments, enemy-destroying weapons and armor
Amassed samaya substances, outer, inner, and secret, without exception!

Having fulfilled your heart commitment and purified degeneration
By making these actually arranged and visualized offerings
Increase Lozang the Victorious One’s Teachings
And the life span and activities of the Teachings’ upholders!
Further the happiness of beings in the Gaden [Podrang] dominion!

Especially pacify all harm to us, the yogis and entourages
That arises because of previous karma and immediate conditions
And spontaneously accomplish, just as we wish
All good things, both spiritual and temporal!

Grind to dust without remainder
Enemy hordes that think and act perversely
Towards the teachings and lay and ordained people
With potent, accurate, powerful great vajra fire!

Especially, cause the saffron-clad community of Dungkar Monastery
Brightly beautiful in bonds of pure morality
To soar the path of immortal liberation
On unified wings of Sutra and Tantra!

(link to the website: http://dorjeshugden.com/wp/?page_id=346

Note that within the first line of the first stanza, Dorje Shugden is referred to as "Glory of the wisdom, compassion and power of infinite Buddhas" and later, invited to come forth from the pure lands of Buddhas, "Tushita, Kechara and so forth". Why would he write such a praise to a mere spirit, if that is what he claims it to be now? And we are to believe this was just all a big mistake he had made? Across so many lifetimes?

vajratruth

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2012, 12:53:03 AM »
I have no doubts that His Holiness is  still a Dorje Shugden practitioner, albeit in a very different way. The Dalai Lama at the end of the day is a monk thrust into the thick of sectarian and international politics. From young, HHDL's upbringing have been by monks and especially Trijang Rinpoche and Ling Rinpoche, two well known practitioners of Dorje Shugden.

That Trijang Rinpoche was a true champion of the Protector is a forgone conclusion. Ling Rinpoche on his part received  the classical Gelugpa training and relied heavily on the works on Panchen Sonam Drakpa - a Master in the direct line of Dorje Shugden's previous reincarnations. Is there any question that the two Master-Tutotrs would have instilled deep into HHDL's mind the great reverence for Dorje Shugden and the unmistaken knowledge of the Protector as the emanation of Manjushri.

If there is one thing I have noticed of all great Masters of whom HHDL himself is one, it is that they have utmost love and devotion for their Gurus. And therefore I strongly believe that HHDL would not have so easily abandoned what he must surely know to be teachings tremendously close to his Teachers' hearts.

HHDL ban of the DS practice is strategic.

Aurore

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2012, 04:00:29 PM »
There are many proofs and history of Dalai Lama being a Dorje Shugden practitioner since the 5th Dalai Lama.
I also have no doubts that all the previous Dalai Lamas since the 5th Dalai Lama has placed trust and practiced Shugden up to the current 14th Dalai Lama till suddenly the 14th Dalai Lama decided he made a mistake just like that. "Oopss".

It is understandable for anyone to make mistakes. However, mistakes like this are not small accidental mistakes. It is a HUGE mistake. Can Buddhas who possesses clairvoyance and wisdom, who is faultless make mistakes such as this? Then what makes a Buddha different from any of us?

The Dalai Lama denies the fact that there was any prayer written by the 5th Dalai Lama to Dorje Shugden. He has also denied that Tulku Dragpa Gyeltsen is a sublime being. One can't just wipe out a history of something that has happened. If that is possible, all the scriptures, lineage and history of the Buddha since Shakyamuni can be wiped out too with no proofs of existence.

dsiluvu

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2012, 10:01:40 PM »
If the Dalai Lama continues to use the story which is all over YouTube that His Gurus are wrong, they are all wrong then he opens up the window for the fingers to be pointed back at Him that He too can be wrong. If that is the case why bother even looking for a Guru and practice this Buddhism where by you can no longer trust what your Guru has taught you for a few years later it can be wrong. Hmmmm... either HHDL is degrading Buddhism, Buddhist teachers or stirring up some kind wave of controversy which I believe is definitely beyond political agendas. All the ILLOGICAL statements... what is the purpose? For what? Stopping the practice by making a huge controversy that creates so much attention on  Dorje Shugden's name and practice, being massed publicised and advertised to the world? Yes.. it has appeared so if we look at is objectively the results of it all. How Sublime and skilful!

Think about it... how can Chenrezig not know from day one when Tulku Drakpa Gyeltsen was murdered that it is was all a set up... and set up from who? From His very own state oracle Nechung! Let's not forget that Nechung is the one who requested Duldzin Drakpa Gyeltsen to make a promise to arise as a powerful protector of Je Tsongkhapa's teachings and thus become Dorje Shugden when the time is right... it is all in here http://dorjeshugden.com/wp/?p=4252

Now I am sure His Holiness is not that ignorant as He is Chenrezig :)

Big Uncle

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2012, 03:37:05 PM »
Hmmm... I really wonder if the Dalai Lama has truly forsaken his practice of Dorje Shugden. There's no doubt that the Dalai Lama practiced Dorje Shugden as he was given the practice by his Lama, Kyabje Trijang Rinpoche. There's ample reference, both in the Dalai Lama's own speeches and also in the writings of Kyabje Trijang Rinpoche. 

But whether he has truly given up on Dorje Shugden is another matter altogether. There are many Lamas right now who professed not to practice Dorje Shugden but are secretly keeping up with the practice. If the bigger picture is to be followed, then the Dalai Lama is actually just manifesting all of this for the greater benefit of global future practitioners. So, for the sake of manifesting all this, has he forsaken his practice? We would never know unless the Dalai Lama removes the ban and reveals this. Personally, I think the Dalai Lama has definitely kept up with his practice but has kept it under wraps for the sake of the bigger picture.

rossoneri

• Email
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2012, 09:33:19 AM »
I am sure we all agree upon that HH Dalai Lama practices Dorje Shugden secretly for a simple reason that His Guru once was Trijang Rinpoche, Ling Rinpoche and Zong Rinpoche (All His Guru was DS practitioners in their previous reincarnation). Does it making sense to you if i may suggest that the leader of Buddhist Society and a manifestation of Avalokiteshvara did not have all the qualities from 50 stanzas of Guru devotion. Moreover let's not forget that during the escape to India in 1959, it was HH Dalai Lama himself requested to borrow the DS Thangkha from His Guru Trijang Rinpoche which originally it was given to Trijang Rinpoche as a gift from HH Dalai Lama. Why is it so?

Let's all wait anxiously for the truth...

Positive Change

« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2012, 01:43:36 PM »
This is true for a fact that the Dalai Lama was a Shugden practitioner. He admits it himself in public talks, stating immediately afterwards that he had "made a mistaken". How could someone who has complete control over his rebirths lifetime after lifetime, and who is recognised by so many high Lamas as being an incarnation of Avalokiteshvara, suddenly "make a mistaken" like this?

This in itself has been and still is a very telling sign. How can Chenrezig/Avalokiteshvara be wrong? Think about it... really!!! If so, the entire basis of our practice is completely baseless... if we cannot seek refuge in the Buddhas which are supposed to be infallible, what is the point? It would be like the blind leading the blind. Let's not even talk about Protector Practice and the ban.

If this isn't proof enough there is a bigger picture and a higher purpose with regards to HHDL's seemingly inconsistent actions. However if we really analyse it, its actually consistently inconsistent to a point where it has to be done with a strong motivation!

I am of the position whereby the ban is two fold. One is to incite the spread of Dorje Shugden practice and secondly to purify perhaps the negative karma of the people in the region. I cannot know for certain the reasons but I can certainly see with my own eyes the results. As much as there is suffering, there is tremendous growth too... and as Rossoneri says, I too am anxiously waiting to see the next chapter unfold... Meanwhile, trust in the Buddhas and all will be well...