Author Topic: Dalai Lama to give $1.7 million prize to a mystery beneficiary  (Read 3073 times)

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
The weekend's almost here... so here's something a little frivolous.... the Dalai Lama's coming to London... are Dorje Shugden practitioners allowed to attend the ceremony? Perhaps i should wear my Dorje Shugden t-shirt and my prized Dorje Shugden pendant and go and shake his hand to congratulate him. Or I could ask him to donate his $1.7 mill to Shar Gaden or Serpom if he can't find a worthy cause?

I wonder if there will be any protests by the WSS at this event or have they given up the ghost? If I am at a loose end, I will toddle along and have a look.

http://worldnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/05/10/11643065-dalai-lama-to-give-17-million-prize-to-a-mystery-beneficiary?lite

By Alastair Jamieson, msnbc.com
The Dalai Lama, the Tibetan Buddhist spiritual leader, is to be awarded a $1.7 million prize – then instantly give it away.
Tenzin Gyatso, 76, the 14th Dalai Lama, will be presented with the Templeton Prize – the world's largest - at a ceremony at St. Paul’s Cathedral in London on Monday.
The Tibetan monk, believed by his followers to be the reincarnation of an ancient Buddhist leader, has not yet identified the recipient of the prize money.

Visiting St Paul’s for the first time, will receive the prize from Dr John M. Templeton, Jr, president and chairman of the John Templeton Foundation and son of the late prize founder.

Guests at the ceremony, to be broadcast live on the internet on the organization’s website, will include the British actress Joanna Lumley.
Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being