Author Topic: The Abbot of Gaden Shartse... with his own agenda... HMMMMMMM  (Read 31822 times)

Ensapa

• Email
Re: The Abbot of Gaden Shartse... with his own agenda... HMMMMMMM
« Reply #45 on: October 09, 2012, 10:49:30 AM »
I have read Trijang Rinpoche bio's and every day his activities is for and towards the benefit of his fellow tibetans and sentient beings seems like the current abbott's work is quite trivial if I may say.
On the other hand I have met Lobsang Pende at Shar Gaden he is always around teaching, guiding the monks to better themselves. It will be a matter of time when Shar Gaden and Serpom will surpass Gaden in terms of learned monks and scholarship. Not that is a good or bad thing but sad Gaden the seat of Je Tsongkhapa comes to such a state.

With such an abbot running the monastery, what are the chances of the monastery actually growing? Obviously, the abbot couldnt care less about the growth of the monastery and nobody can do anything about that...or make him face his wrongdoings so that he may confess and step up his efforts to take care of the monastery or make him resign before his time so that someone else who is more qualified can take over. I dont really understand the monastic system, but in the secular world, no matter who they are, even the founder of a company, if they are not delivering the results, they will be asked to vacant their position. case in question: steve jobs. Maybe HHDL put him there on purpose to make everyone realize that they are wrong and that Shar Ganden is right, because at this rate Shar Ganden is growing very fast, faster beyond anyone else can imagine and way faster than Ganden's growth rate. It would be interesting to see that in the future HHDL gives his approval to Dorje Shugden and the many people who would apologize to Dorje Shugden and Shar Ganden for what has been done.

Big Uncle

« Reply #46 on: October 11, 2012, 07:26:25 PM »
I heard from a monk friend that it is more meritorious to serve the Sangha than to enter into a whole lifetime retreat. I am sure the Abbot is aware but he has other agendas on his mind. I think this is very sad and perhaps has severe repercussions because he was entrusted with the sacred duty to collect merit but he used it as an opportunity to increase his negative karma instead. Now, I wonder why the Dalai Lama has handpicked him? Perhaps the Dalai Lama saw a promising future for this abbot.                                                 

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #47 on: October 12, 2012, 03:44:30 PM »
I heard from a monk friend that it is more meritorious to serve the Sangha than to enter into a whole lifetime retreat. I am sure the Abbot is aware but he has other agendas on his mind. I think this is very sad and perhaps has severe repercussions because he was entrusted with the sacred duty to collect merit but he used it as an opportunity to increase his negative karma instead. Now, I wonder why the Dalai Lama has handpicked him? Perhaps the Dalai Lama saw a promising future for this abbot.                                                 

Serving the sangha is indeed an extremely blessed and rare honor for anyone at all to do. It is scared to serve others, and in this case, it is not just normal people, but people that will bring further benefit to people so the merits are incredible. But unfortunately, it seems that this abbot is misusing his power and position for something other than that holy purpose. I dont know, if HHDL had not put him there something worse might have happened to him...but too bad he does not realize and continue doing with what he is doing. I really hope that he will do something really good for the sangha despite all his philandering. All my best wishes for him to be able to benefit the sangha.

diablo1974

« Reply #48 on: October 14, 2012, 04:53:09 PM »
I think Dalai Lama handpicked him to be the abbot and holds a very heavy responsibility to make Gaden monastary improve and thrive. He is learned, able to spk a few languages and of course he is young. HH Dalai lama hoped that he is able able to bring Gaden to a greater heights and ensure that the older monks are well taken care of spiritually and physically, as well as the younger ones who needs proper education and those who needs spiritual retreat....i am sure the abbot knew all these expectations from the public, or maybe he just needs more time?

diamond girl

« Reply #49 on: October 21, 2012, 04:56:47 PM »
I think that this Abbot is a big mistake FULL STOP. So what if he was hand picked by HHDL...seriously he has done nothing for the Gaden Shartse. Have you seen this monastery lately? There is no energy there. It feels dull and dead (with respect to some of the old holy monks). Knowing that a great lineage of Fantastic Masters came from here, we do not see any new Masters coming from there... When you walk over to Gaden Jangtze it is like a whole new world. Buildings are well maintained and it is bright and glorious.

I wondered why this huge difference? Now I know...bad leadership. If Mr. Abbot is all about looking good around HHDL and having personal agenda, then he is in the wrong profession! He should be an actor.

I hope that the current Zong Rinpoche will finish his degree soon and make Gaden Shartse shine again. I pray for this...   

samayakeeper

• Email
« Reply #50 on: November 10, 2012, 03:55:03 PM »
HMMMMMMMMM

Re: Removing Trijang Rinpoche's Throne from Gaden?
« Reply #39 on: Today at 11:30:21 PM »
Quote from: dondrup on July 15, 2011, 03:36:55 AM
It is sad to know that Gaden Monastery wanted to remove Trijang Rinpoche's throne permanently. It has made a mockery of the function of the throne in the monastery.  Does the Gaden Monastery's authority not know the importance of keeping the throne?  They had shown tremendous amount of disrespect to Trijang Rinpoche whose current incarnation is living outside of the monastery.

Gaden Monastery has lost its independence and control by adopting the ban on Dorje Shugden in Gaden Monastery and removal of Trijang Rinpoche's throne etc.

It is indeed contradictory in the TGIE's action to intervene and stop the removal of the throne!  I think the TGIE is paving the way for Trijang Rinpoche and Dorje Shugden’s practice to return to Gaden Monastery!

I think the 'Gaden authority', the current abbot has a big say in this. Unless he has been so busy traveling to whatever countries and doing whatever. Still, if he was so 'busy', surely he gets reports of Gaden Monastery's admin and operations. I do not think that such a big thing would not have gotten the approval from the abbot.

Why Dharamsala stopped the removal of the throne is amusing. After all it's just a throne (that's what the authority of Gaden monastery think) that is currently not used by the current HH Trijang Rinpoche (who obviously does not garner the respect of Gaden authority) and who was allowed by HHDL to continue with the harmful practice.

Big Uncle

« Reply #51 on: November 10, 2012, 06:29:38 PM »
Been busy and I haven't been coming onto the forum much these days. I am surprise that people are still commenting on this interesting thread because I think there's little to discuss about a bad apple.There are plenty of great monks, Geshes, Tulkus and yogis at Gaden that we can focus our attention.

However, personally, I would prefer Shar Gaden instead because of lineage and practice. I think Gaden Shartse is a great monastery but they lost a big part of itself when Shar Gaden was formed. It is quite sad because the remaining monks that have to fend for itself is without a responsible abbot who would put his heart and soul into taking care of the Sangha of Gaden.

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #52 on: November 12, 2012, 07:45:33 AM »
Been busy and I haven't been coming onto the forum much these days. I am surprise that people are still commenting on this interesting thread because I think there's little to discuss about a bad apple.There are plenty of great monks, Geshes, Tulkus and yogis at Gaden that we can focus our attention.

However, personally, I would prefer Shar Gaden instead because of lineage and practice. I think Gaden Shartse is a great monastery but they lost a big part of itself when Shar Gaden was formed. It is quite sad because the remaining monks that have to fend for itself is without a responsible abbot who would put his heart and soul into taking care of the Sangha of Gaden.

Correction: Ganden Shartse WAS a great monastery, but they lost a huge part of themselves when Shar Ganden was formed. And I am personally very glad that Shar Ganden formed, because if it was not formed, it would mean that the monks would suffer from such an incompetent abbot. There are 2 sides of the coin to the forming. The abbot should seriously behave like an abbot before his negative karma pulls him down and cause many more monks to suffer as a result of such actions.

I dont know about everyone else, but in my opinion, the current abbot should have done a lot more rather than just travel around to 'raise funds' for the monastery. Because it is a huge responsibility and due to this, he will fall in the 3 lower realms faster than anyone else can.

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #53 on: December 07, 2012, 03:14:45 AM »
I think Dalai Lama handpicked him to be the abbot and holds a very heavy responsibility to make Gaden monastary improve and thrive. He is learned, able to spk a few languages and of course he is young. HH Dalai lama hoped that he is able able to bring Gaden to a greater heights and ensure that the older monks are well taken care of spiritually and physically, as well as the younger ones who needs proper education and those who needs spiritual retreat....i am sure the abbot knew all these expectations from the public, or maybe he just needs more time?

Or perhaps, HHDL picked him as the abbot because he is a non Dorje Shugden practitioner and HHDL wishes to weaken the 'power' of Ganden by assigning an incompetent abbot? I would not be surprised if this was true. If i am not mistaken, abbots are traditionally picked via voting by the sangha community and it is quite unusual for the Dalai Lama to pick his choice of the abbot....like how he picked his own Karmapa...

shugdenpromoter

• Email
« Reply #54 on: March 10, 2013, 02:31:48 PM »
The last time I checked, the Abbot of Gaden Shartse is till around.

The only new development on the online world is that FINALLY, Gaden Shartse has a new website now. http://www.gadenshartse.net/

I still feel they can do better then that. I mean, Gaden a home to high lamas like Trijang Rinpoche, Zong Rinpoche, Kensur Jampa Yeshe, Lati Rinpoche, Kensur Kunschok Tsering & etc, the website should represent that type of calibre.

Also Bangalore is near Gaden, I am sure if the abbot care enough, he would be able to find good IT skills to manage and design a good website.   

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #55 on: March 11, 2013, 01:09:32 AM »
well, at least the good thing is that Ganden Shartse finally has their own website out after having that old one for so long, although the design isnt as good as this website or Shar Ganden's one but it is something, better than nothing at all. There seems to be progress but there is not a lot of news from Ganden Shartse's abbot though. I am aware that the abbot is invited to a center in singapore and he does give talks there once in a while, but other than that other than his travels, there is little news of any other improvements that he has done for Ganden Shartse over the many years.