Author Topic: Does Dorje Shugden really shorten HH the Dalai Lama's life?  (Read 61274 times)

grandmapele

Re: Does Dorje Shugden really shorten HH the Dalai Lama's life?
« Reply #45 on: January 21, 2015, 06:01:12 AM »
The Dalai Lama himself was apparently urged by Trijang Rinpoche to undertake the practice of Dorje Shugden and eventually declined. For some time His Holiness has been sensitive to the problems with this practice in promoting a perceived sectarianism, and he had urged that the practice be undertaken only in private and not promulgated. He also said that those who would take himself as a spiritual master and respect him, and those who work for the Tibetan Government in Exile, should not engage in the practice of Dorje Shugden. This means also that those who would take Tantric initiations from him should not engage in the practice either. If a Tantric master gives initiation to those who take refuge in a worldly god and therefore do not have a pure Buddhist refuge then this can rebound on the health and life of the Tantric master. I suspect this is the primary point behind the Dalai Lama’s reported claim that engaging in the practice of Dorje Shugden might shorten his life. It looks as though what has happened is that recently he has started to put this opposition to the practice of Dorje Shugden forward with greater urgency, perhaps in connection with his attempts to encourage a democratic political system for the Tibetans within which the old sectarian and regional rivalries and antagonisms could have no place.

http://info-buddhism.com/dorje_shugden_note_Paul_Williams.html

If that is the case, why can't I practice Dorje Shugden if the Dalai Lama is neither my Guru nor my Tantric master? If the above is not correct, how then can this practice shorten the Dalai Lama's life?

Shugden Library

• Followers of Dorje Shugden
« Reply #46 on: January 21, 2015, 10:05:53 AM »
Interesting the the above should promote an anti-Shugden website that is used to slander anyone who openly criticizes the False Dalai Lama!

Let us do the maths - The False Dalai Lama is 80 years old, already out-stripping the average life expectancy of an exile Tibetan by 13 years.

Let us use Dharma - now can the Compassionate mind of a Buddha (Dharmapala Dorje Shugden) harm any sentient being?

DharmaSpace

« Reply #47 on: January 21, 2015, 05:11:55 PM »
The current Dalai Lama is one of the longest living Dalai Lama of all times in fact.

Also how can a spirit or demon harm a monk who holds his vows, thats ridiculous.

Rihanna

« Reply #48 on: January 22, 2015, 02:28:21 AM »
The year is now 2015. In a few months time, on 6th July, the Dalai Lama will be celebrating his 80th Birthday. He is the longest serving Dalai Lama, the longest in office. So does this ring a bell to those who still believe that Dorje Shugden really shorten the Dalai Lama's life?

Kim Hyun Jae

• Email
« Reply #49 on: January 22, 2015, 04:16:18 AM »
In the video on YouTube above, HHDL said he will live longer than his 80 year old till his 90s and then he said he will hold a meeting to talk to his people to hear what they will say. That means it is a clear Signal that HHDL is in Control of his Age totally.

Now this issue of Dorje Shugden shortening his life is in fact Untrue thus far. The practice of DS and the ban on DS has in fact lengthen HHDL's life.

So the next question is - is HHDL purposely impose the Ban on DS to raise awareness to protect the Buddhist lineage and to deceive certain country? Yes.

Has the Ban brought on more benefits rather than destruction? More and more Buddhists dharma centres like NKT has sprung up.

And because of the DS ban, has many more people became Buddhists, learn more about Buddhism and support Buddhism? Buddhism has become on of the fastest growing religion in the world.

Has the DS ban brought more love, care, compassion to the world in general? Yes. Even certain world leaders have started practicing them, like Do Good program and encourage volunteerism.

Has the world become a better place? If we do that Buddhist practice say, the world has become a better place, at least within those who practices well.

shugdenpromoter

• Email
« Reply #50 on: January 23, 2015, 06:07:57 PM »
I saw this article on the forum and I had to comment on this.

Hello!!Dalai Lama is 80 this year (2015) Isn't that a long life?  While this ban is going on, Shugden practice has flourished far and wide over the last over 10 years. Example NKT has already 1,100 centre around the world and they are still growing. What about all the DS monasteries in Tibet which in one teachings thousands and thousands of worshipper attend and gets the teachings? Even in on my part alone (an individual), my whole family plus my good friendsssss are all praying to Shugden.

Seriously, I do hope and pray respectfully that he lives up to 200 years. But it just doesn't make any sense when this comment or remark/threat is given to the Shugden practioners or Tibetan in general.

When I entered Tibetan Buddhism, the first thing I was taught was Guru Devotion and we must always keep our relationship clean and intact with your teacher/s. Thus, I was shocked when Dalai Lama recently gave a teaching in Gaden Shartse recently and undermining Trijang Rinpoche (http://www.dorjeshugden.com/all-articles/the-controversy/dalai-lama-used-2014-lamrim-teachings-to-undermine-his-guru/) Wow, I was really taken aback which really disturbed me even more. This does not make any sense at all. What happened to Guru Devotion? Does that mean whatever Dalai Lama has received from Trijang Rinpoche has all been washed down. This shouldn't be the case.

kelly

« Reply #51 on: March 27, 2015, 08:25:42 AM »
I think after all these year of the ban HH Dalai Lama is still very healthy travel around no any problem about his health so how can the blame be on DorjeShugden practice is very untrue any practitioner who has sense should look at this matter with logic do not put the blame on DS .

Tenzin Malgyur

« Reply #52 on: March 29, 2015, 02:44:42 PM »
Definitely not. There is no logic on the claim that Dorje Shugden can shorten the life of His Holiness the Dalai Lama. Since Dorje Shugden is the emanation of Buddha Manjushri, while HHDL is the emanation of Buddha Avalokiteshvara, it does not make sense that one Buddha would want to shorten the life of another Buddha.
Even if one is not a Buddhist and does not believe in Buddhas, look how healthy and fit HHDL is and His Holiness will turn 80 years in a few months time.
Many people are seeing through this old excuse already. I really wish the ban on the Shugden practice would be lifted very soon for the benefits of the people who have suffered so much as a result of this ban.

Ringo Starr

• Email
« Reply #53 on: June 19, 2017, 09:42:56 AM »
[Thursday, June 15, 2017 20:20]
By Tenzin Monlam

His Holiness is in excellent health: Representative Penpa Tsering

So what is it to be dear Tibetan leadership in exile?

You claim that Dorje Shugden shortens HH Dalai Lama's life but yet HH Dalai Lama is proving not to be affected by the millions and soon more millions of people propitiating Dorje Shugden. How do you explain this except for the fact that Dorje Shugden is a compassionate enlightened being?

http://www.phayul.com/news/article.aspx?id=39157&article=His+Holiness+is+in+excellent+health%3a+Representative+Penpa+Tsering

grandmapele

« Reply #54 on: June 19, 2017, 10:11:50 AM »
Excuse me, the Dalai Lama is 80- years old and still travelling and teaching and apparently very healthy. And, there are still more Dorje Shugden practitioners abound. Besides, claiming that an evil spirit can harm Avalokiteshvara is a bit of a puzzle. If a Buddha can be harmed by an evil spirit, is he still a Buddha? If a high lama can be harmed by evil spirits, is there hope for the common man who has no attainments?

Brian Little

• Email
« Reply #55 on: June 19, 2017, 04:13:58 PM »
If I am correct, I read it some where that the Dalai Lama actually said that HH is living till beyond 100 years old meaning his claim of HH will have shorter life if p
Devotees pray to Dorje Shugden. So how will this story link now. Makes us think whether what HHDL initially claimed of Dorje Shugden are actually true.

Pema8

« Reply #56 on: June 22, 2017, 11:37:29 AM »
It is a fact that after all the years the Dalai Lama has stopped practicing Dorje Shugden, no harm has been done to him in any way. And there was anyway never any risk. So it would be a big relief for the Tibetans and all the Dorje Shugden practitioners and their family and friends to end this ban which never had any base to it.
Lets stop politics and support all Tibetans!

Belinda Mae

« Reply #57 on: June 25, 2017, 08:53:59 AM »
I find it very contradicting to say Dorje Shugden shorten the life of the practitioners especially H.H. Dalai Lama. If by practising Dorje Shugden shorten one's life, then the 101st and 102nd Gaden Tripa are the prove for us to see that by practising Dorje Shugden brings no harm to us and will not shorten our lives. Dorje Shugden protects and clears our obstacles for our spiritual journey. Dorje Shugden is Manjushri. So, let's think about it rationally.

Richardlaktam

• Email
« Reply #58 on: June 25, 2017, 06:42:46 PM »
Recently H.H Dalai Lama says many things that is contradicting what he said previously. We all know that H.H Dalai Lama is the emanation of Chenrezig. First of all, an enlightened being like Dalai Lama, who is also an emanation of Chenrezig, whose life shouldn't be affected by any negative forces, if Dorje Shugden was one like what Dalai Lama had claimed. Secondly, there are many high Lama who practice Dorje Shugden has lived long, and some even reincarnated. For example 101st and 102nd Gaden Tripa who have lived long and practice Dorje Shugden. H.H Kyabje Trijang Rinpoche and H.H Kaybje Zong Rinpoche are the high Lamas that practice Dorje Shugden and have proven reincarnation. In Buddhism, one's long life or not, depends on their karma, why blame on the practice?
Thus, since this statement "Practicing Dorje Shugden will shorten Dalai Lama's life" came out from Dalai Lama's mouth, we should ask His Holiness back "Why practicing Dorje Shugden will shorten his life since there are so many high Lama already practicing it and live a long life?"
Anyway, personally, I find that recently Dalai Lama says many things that's contradicting. He also claimed that he never said cannot practice Dorje Shugden before, he never wanted Tibet independent, he even claimed that he never ban Dorje Shugden practice before. So, which one is true? Anyway, he's not my Guru. I don't have to listen to all he says, but I still respect H.H Dalai Lama, it is because I believe whatever Dalai Lama says or said, there must be something behind. He is Chenrezig, I believe all these are his divine play.

Dondrup Shugden

« Reply #59 on: June 27, 2017, 07:51:27 AM »
Looks like it is very possible for the Dalai Lama to live up to 90 or 100 years of age. With His longevity of life, it is proven beyond doubts that Dorje Shugden cannot do harm to Him as He has claimed to be so.

As so many here have commented, enlightened beings like the Dalai Lama cannot be harmed by evil spirits. So one of the main reasons for Dalai Lama to impose the ban is baseless.  Another view to consider which I do is that Dorje Shugden is not a evil spirit but AN ENLIGHTENED BEING AND AS SUCH IS NOT CAPABLE OF HARMING ANY BEINGS. This is the valid conclusion to debunk the calling of Dorje Shugden as a evil spirit.

I rejoice that the Dalai Lama may live to 90 or 100 years of age, but then do we Shugdenpas also suffer the ban for another period of over 15 years or so.  That I feel is not fair and totally nonsense.