Author Topic: China's 'Twitter' Now Two Times Bigger Than Twitter Tweets about Dorje Shugden  (Read 15459 times)

icy

Weibo" (??)China-based microblogging services like Twitter, has became the biggest online sensation in China. About 250 million Chinese internet users, or nearly half of China’s online population of 513 million, signed up on Weibo.

Recently China celebrity Professor Kong Qingdong tweeted on his tweeter on March 23, he has 794,948 tweeter friends, and his tweet about Dorje Shugden has 949 retweets, and 188 comments:

"Just received Dorje Shugden materials from friends in Singapore. I express my gratitude! The world population must unite together to preserve religious freedom, faith freedom, speech freedom, and tirelessly working towards the true, kind, and virtuous state of world peace!" ~Professor Quindong

With iconic personalities like Professor Quindong tweeting about DS, I dare say it is certain Dorje Shugden will arouse curiosity and knowlege for it to spread like wild fire.  This is the most simple, creative and swift way of spreading DS in a hugely populated country of China. This iconic tweet has effected a viral spread on DS.  Dorje Shugden is fast becoming popular, chic, cultural and a world peace protector.

Tenzin Gyatso

This just reaches the Chinese. It will not reach anyone else. What good does that do? There's no large or powerful Tibetan Buddhist organization in the Chinese speaking world which clearly identifies the Chinese aren't interested. You have to hit the non-Chinese speaking world. No one is tweeting about Shugden. They trust HHDL.

biggyboy

This just reaches the Chinese. It will not reach anyone else. What good does that do? There's no large or powerful Tibetan Buddhist organization in the Chinese speaking world which clearly identifies the Chinese aren't interested. You have to hit the non-Chinese speaking world. No one is tweeting about Shugden. They trust HHDL.

I would commend and rejoice on Professor Kong Qingdong's effort to have tweeted DS! At least for a start DS is tweeted in China. Who knows it may trigger someone there to read on and with the hope that their views would change along the way and faith would increase.  It will definitely spread like fire with such big populations.  Where else in this world would have such great population to say the least. In addition, Twitter, Facebook and YouTube are banned in China.

Professor Kong Qingdong has a reputation for speaking in a forthright manner, and does not hesitate to use profanity on his television show or blogs to advance his point and provoke strong reactions.  Hmm...he may provoke the curiosity of the Chinese mind.

May Dorje Shugden to stay in China and spread wide and fast.

Poonlarp

• Email
This is definitely a good news!!!

Although Professor Quindong is not a super idol that have tons of fans, he is a very famous speaker for his direct and sharp speech regards current issues. I heard a lots of people who watch his videos scolded him for being too direct in criticizing some issues, but this also draw more attention to him to make him a celebrity speaker.

He also calls himself as Kong He Sang, it means Kong, the monk. This also raise a lot of controversial as he is not a monk and has a family. His explanation is the main job of a monk is to benefit others, to save people from suffering. He says doing job as a monk is not about having family or not, it's about your motivation. His speech definitely agreed and admired by certain people that raises his fans number in Weibo.

Big Uncle

It is nice that outspoken people like this Professor know about Dorje Shugden so he can spread the news far and wide. It is through these people that will bring awareness to the plight of Dorje Shugden practitioners throughout the world. Once more and more people know about Dorje Shugden, it will build a momentum that will eventually topple the ban on Dorje Shugden.

Besides, this Professor being Chinese and in China could bring tremendous awareness towards the ban in China. Just because the Chinese are anti-Dalai Lama doesn't necessarily mean they are pro-Dorje Shugden either. They just have their vested interest in this matter to further their own cause. Whatever it is, bringing awareness of Dorje Shugden will contribute towards bringing the ban down I feel. 

kris

WeiBo, literary means "micro blog", i.e. Twitter alike, is something very BIG in China for quite awhile already.

I rejoice that Professor Quindong has openly expressed his views on religious freedom and more importantly, his openness in talking about Dorje Shugden in this WeiBo. With that much of retweet and comments, I am sure the King Dorje Shugden will be spread wide and far.

It also means that we should spend quality time on social media to spread the King. Don't waste the time on just Facebook alone :)

Also, great job people who sent the Dorje Shugden materials to him.

DSFriend

Amazing!

Amazing on a few levels..

1. Free distribution of dorje shugden materials are sent all over the world to educate others re our Protector, religious freedom and harmony. Now, this has got to take incredible devotion towards the Protector for anyone to do this don't you think?

2. The impact towards others and one of whom is Professor Quindong...all it takes is just a spark to light up the whole forest. Now, i pray that Professor Quindong and the many others will act as sparks to light up their circle of influence to spread the Protector and Buddha Dharma.

3. The power of social media!

Barzin

You see personally I do not know the Dorje Shugden movement in China.  But we heard many news about Dorje Shugden statues and temples and practice is spreading in China.  The piece of news the Wen Jia bao meeting Panchen Lama is a sign that Tibetan Buddhism is well accepted in China.  By people sending free Dorje Shugden materials is actually creating a cause to plant seeds into their mind (afterall he is Manjushri) and to create awareness about the truth of the ban.  People will read up, do research and eventually come to terms with the truth.  Not only it unites different sec of Buddhism on one issue, the disharmony among the Sanghas and most important highlighted disharmony among the Buddhists.  It is possible that Dorje Shugden in days to come to be one of the practice well accepted in every part and sec in the world of Buddhism.  Just like Chenrizeg, or Kuan Yin, the compassionate Buddha in various form who is well accepted in every part of the world.

Time will tell.  The truth will soon be told.  Dorje Shugden might be wrathful looking but he is the chosen one for our time.  Hence, the compassionate emanation of Avalokiteshvara His Holiness Dalai Lama creates the ban, if I may say, spread Dorje Shugden the compassionate one to many and not just solely the Tibetans.  I rejoice in China's effort to spread dharma in this very modern way. 

DharmaDefender

Mate such shortsightedness. Let me put it this way - China and its 1.6 billion people have absolutely no knowledge of Dorje Shugden whatsoever. So Dorje Shugden has a blank slate on which to make an impression.

Hahaha I find it a little ironic - the Phayul trolls are always accusing Dorje Shugden practitioners of accepting Chinese money, being on the Communist payroll etc. Talk about self-fulfilling prophecy. If the 6 million Tibetans dont want him, no worries. Theres always the rest of the world, and that includes Chinas third of the worlds population.

As I see it, its a matter of time anyway that Dorje Shugden returns to China, given he was a Chinese emperor in his past life, and also Manjusri who resides on a Chinese mountain.

pgdharma

Good news! I rejoice that Professor Quindong has openly expressed his gratitude of receiving Dorje Shugden materials and his views on religious freedom. From this one tweet, it will be retweeted by the many Chinese people or his followers and it will spread like wild fire. By creating awareness of Dorje Shugden through website, twitter, face book or any social media will contribute towards the lifting of the ban.

We should also be thankful to the people who sent Dorje Shugden materials to Professor Quindong.

VS

A big thank you to the team who has been forever so hard working towards the cause of creating awareness for Dorje Shugden practice and sending out DS material planting seeds in the mind of people and creating causes for the lifting of the ban.

Yes, 'weibao' may only be for China but China has the biggest population in the world, accounting for approximately 20% of the world's population and the Chinese are so deprived of information from the outside world not by their choice.

Thanks to the team's effort, DS materials has reached Professor Quindong who has tweeted on his tweeter and create a 'wave' of retweets. The number may look insignificant now, but i believe this will grow bigger and reaches out to more people.

Furthermore, with the increase in the number of Tibetans' self immolation incidences, China is putting a curb to Tibetan practitioners practising openly. Hence, any source of info on DS is very much needed for the Chinese to learn about DS.

Tenzin K

Wow! What a great news!

Indeed, China has a huge number of populations.
The tweet by Professor Kong Qingdong definitely a great way to promote Lord Shugden. This will make a lot of Chinese to check out this protector and definitely there are some influence weightage here from Prof. Quindong. This is also the fastest way to reach out to the people. Excellent move and by having support from such a great influential people will bring Lord Shugden practice to another level and widely spread.

No one can cover the truth and only pure sincerity and compassion make people open their mind to discover & understand the truth.   

tsangpakarpo

Great news indeed! As i have always said, China will be the point where Dorje Shugden spreads to the entire world!

Can you imagine, 1.6 billion citizens? Is that not an opportunity for Dorje Shugden's practice to grow? With China expanding so quickly and soon to be a powerhouse in the world, everybody will be watching this country. Many people will visit China for leisure, business and etc.

If Dorje Shugden is established in China, I believe many temples will be built for this great King. In return, many people will visit and get to know about Dorje Shugden. This may be a little disrespect but wouldn't it be cool for Dorje Shugden to be a CELEBRITY BUDDHA?

dsiluvu

Totally awesome news that all the efforts of dorjeshugden.com is coming to fruition... and this is so positive to know :)

Whatever it is China is currently the strongest country in the world right now. Everything we have today, we buy and use is from China. Their material growth has reach its peak yet still growing I believe... their influence to the world TODAY is obvious. So if China keeps and preserved their heritage and history well, just like all things Chinese... it will infiltrate in to the rest of the world... just like the "made in China" goods but this one is "spiritual goods" :) Awesome to witness this. Like in the past history from China, everything got traded off our being introduced to Asia from China all he way down.... hence Dorje Shugden will soon be like so.

As it is, there is so many nuvo rich in China, everyone wants a piece of their "pie", and as we know after achieving all that wealth comes a depression that no money can take away... that is when Dorje Shugden comes in and of course the Dharma.

jeremyg

Social media has now become a vital medium to spread anything. This is why it is the fastest way to spread buddhism as well. If one post can reach thousands, if not millions this is the way the buddhism should be spread. Many monks have adopted the internet as an avenue to spread buddhism. It is great to hear that the post about Dorje Shugden has been shared and liked. It is a stepping stone. It is inevitable that awareness grows, that more people learn about the ban, and that more people know the truth.