Author Topic: Do Sar Khangtsen  (Read 9365 times)

Losang_Tenpa

• Email
Do Sar Khangtsen
« on: March 12, 2012, 07:55:27 AM »
A monk friend gave me the following information:

At the Dalai Lama's urging, Gaden monastery is in the process of building another khangtsen to replace Dokhang Khangtsen. Dokhang Khangtsen is the khangtsen that was forced to split off from Gaden Shatse to establish their own monastery due to the ban. Dokhang Khangtsen is now named Shar Gaden Monastery.

Do Sar literally means 'New Dokhang'.

Very sad. Seems as if some are trying to rewrite history.

I will try to get some pictures of the construction soon.

Anyone else have information about this?

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
Re: Do Sar Khangtsen
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2012, 03:00:03 PM »
While it is sad that Dokhang Khangtsen has separated from Gaden Shartse, I think it’s pretty miraculous that Dokhang Khangtsen has become Shar Gaden and that Dorje Shugden is the heart of this offshoot.

Sometimes negative things happen so that something more positive rises from it. Everyone tries to rewrite history, so it is nothing new but I think that there’s a silver lining to every cloud if we look at the positive side of what has happened. A brand new monastery with ladrangs of great masters like HH Trijang Choktrul Rinpoche and HH 101st Gaden Trisur, which is flourishing and can practice Dorje Shugden freely!
Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

Losang_Tenpa

• Email
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2012, 03:28:57 PM »
Maybe you missed my point. Of course the openning of Shar Gaden is wonderful, as it has become a safe haven for all those who choose to remain loyal to their Lamas and continue to practice Dorje Shugden.

DharmaDefender

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2012, 04:47:53 PM »
Thats sad news. Dokhang Khangtsen should never have had to split but I dont geddit how this rewrites history? Because the name indicates its the new version so people will wonder what happened to the old one.

I wonder where theyll get the funding from actually. I heard Gaden isnt doing too well financially these days since many of the old generation of lamas have passed away, and they were the ones who brought in the funds. Hmmm interesting development...

harrynephew

• Love Shugden, Love all Lamas, Heal the World!
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2012, 04:55:38 PM »
it isn't surprising that the Dalai Lama's office is out to take such a stance and I bet HHDL is whipping up the admin and abbot of Gaden to do something about it.

Question is, why go all the way and make the monks in Gaden, the holy seat of Je Tsongkhapa suffer for all this drama? We are not talking about a few people being asked to leave u know!

The funds to build this absurd 'Khamtsen' would definitely be useful to restore some of the monuments within the monastery and of course heighten the hygiene level in Gaden?

Really the more they try to make things difficult for the rest of the world, the more we stronger we should be in rising against their malign ideas. Oh well, it seems like a lot of runnning for fund raising for these folks!
Harry Nephew

Love Shugden, Love all Lamas, Heal the World!

shugdenpromoter

• Email
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2012, 10:27:15 AM »
Dosar Khamtsen at that time when they were established was when HH visited Gaden in 2010 had only 11 monks. During that time HH has asked Gaden Jangtse to sponsor the building for this Khamtsen.

Out of 700 over monks who left to start Shar Gaden from Dokhang Khamtsen, 11 monks maintained. No lost to me. Whatever this new Khamtsen wants to achieve will not have the same impact of what Shar Gaden has achieved and WILL BE ACHIEVEING in the future.

It will not be a threat, look 11 monks could not even raise the fund for their hostel, and Gaden Shartse has no funds and HH has to instruct Jangtse to donate towards the building. SAD.

Galen

• Email
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2012, 10:36:11 AM »
Dosar Khamtsen at that time when they were established was when HH visited Gaden in 2010 had only 11 monks. During that time HH has asked Gaden Jangtse to sponsor the building for this Khamtsen.

Out of 700 over monks who left to start Shar Gaden from Dokhang Khamtsen, 11 monks maintained. No lost to me. Whatever this new Khamtsen wants to achieve will not have the same impact of what Shar Gaden has achieved and WILL BE ACHIEVEING in the future.

It will not be a threat, look 11 monks could not even raise the fund for their hostel, and Gaden Shartse has no funds and HH has to instruct Jangtse to donate towards the building. SAD.

I agree. Why want to build another Khangtsen when there are so few monks left? Is it just to maintain the name of the glorious Dokhang Khangtsen, whish is now Shar Gaden Monastery? Isn't it better to absorb the 11 monks into other khangtsen and save the money to use for other beneficial purposes.

And Gaden Jangtze have to abide by the instructions from the Dalai Lama even though they have nothing to do with Shartse's monks. Hehe....

THe split of Dokhang Khangtsen has it's benefits also because now Shar Gaden has prospered because of their true believe in DS and they do not have to rely on Gaden Shartse anymore. There's always a silver lining in everything!

Vajraprotector

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2012, 09:05:01 PM »
I am not sure about Dosar, but I heard before that the plan was to build a new Dokhang Khangtsen and to keep using the name Dokhang. Anyone heard anything?

Dokhang Khangtsen is known to have a few Gaden Tripas, including the 69th Gaden Tripa Jangchub Chophel, the 85th Gaden Tripa Tsultrim Palden, and of course the 101st Trisur Rinpoche Lungrig Namgyal. I wonder if the next Gaden Tripa will come from this new Dokhang?

Perhaps it is a cover up so that less focus is on Shar Gaden? Help the monks of Dokhang to rebuild their khangtsen campaign as a diversion strategy? Another "problem" to blame to Shugden practitioners - that because of this practice, Dokhang Khangtsen has to start all over again and how kind the CTA is to help rebuild?

The monks of Dokhang (now Shar Gaden) stays true to their Lama and protector, and the monastery arose out of the wish to continue their words of honour,  and I applaud them for their spirit as I quote from the declaration they made when they refused to swear in:

However, for a bird to fly in the sky it requires two wings. In the same way, establishing a monastery with a Sangha community also depends on two indispensable elements: the education and the material resources. With regards to education, with full confidence, we can say that we are in no way in any shortage of any kind. Moreover, it is very encouraging, that in all the members of our Sangha, older and younger, the fire of enthusiasm is burning strongly to establish a monastic community which is free of all kinds of mixtures, under whatever circumstances, easy or difficult.

In contrast,  the establishment of the new Dokhang, the motivation seems to be political, or to be politically-correct. I wonder how a khangtsen with 11 monks will fare. May be since it is an order from His Holiness/CTA, the monastery will have no problem in terms of education and material resources.

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2012, 04:08:46 PM »
Unfortunately, I doubt that the CTA or the Dalai Lama’s office will sponsor or contribute towards the building of this new Dhokang Khangtsen at Gaden. If they plan to sponsor, they would have sponsored Gaden and other monasteries by now, instead of the monasteries having to rely on foreign sources of income, which is what I have heard. I heard that the funding mostly comes from overseas, with monk tours etc (such as the Sacred Earth and Healing Arts of Tibet 2011 Gaden Shartse Monks Nationwide Tour in the US http://www.squidoo.com/dharma19).

I remember reading on one of the threads in the forum that when Gaden monastery needed some funds, they actually approached Shar Gaden. Suddenly, Dorje Shugden practitioners are no longer lepers where money is concerned? Sorry to say, but how hypocritical.

Let us hope that Gaden will have enough resources to continue to maintain themselves, despite the split with Shar Gaden. And I hope that in future, Shar Gaden and Gaden Shartse can reunite again. After all, they just need to remove the wall – like the Berlin Wall. Then Dokhang Khangtsen will be back!
Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2012, 05:05:19 PM »
A monk friend gave me the following information:

At the Dalai Lama's urging, Gaden monastery is in the process of building another khangtsen to replace Dokhang Khangtsen. Dokhang Khangtsen is the khangtsen that was forced to split off from Gaden Shatse to establish their own monastery due to the ban. Dokhang Khangtsen is now named Shar Gaden Monastery.

Do Sar literally means 'New Dokhang'.

Very sad. Seems as if some are trying to rewrite history.

I will try to get some pictures of the construction soon.

Anyone else have information about this?

Not too surprising since the CTA has been experts of rewriting history. If you seen how Dorje Shugden was swiftly erased from the sakya texts, and how the deaths of the 10th, 11th and 12th Dalai Lamas were glossed overs and the real reasons not revealed, and even the death of the 6th Dalai Lama was not made known, you can tell that they are experts at rewriting history.

Dorsar Khangtsen will not manifest because Ganden monastery does not have enough funds since they abandoned the protector who gave them wealth and resources, so now they have to rely on their own because I dont think that HHDL has given his approval, or else they would be pretty open on this and it would already be in Phayul.

At this time, and due to the current conditions, Ganden cannot survive without Dorje Shugden. But Dorje Shugden can survive without Ganden. There are no other Dharma protectors that can clear the obstacles as swift and as powerful as Dorje Shugden for the time being. For Ganden to betray the being that has been keeping them afloat for so long, its very sad to see indeed.

I am pretty sure that before Ganden goes down deeper, the ban will be lifted and Ganden can grow again. I dont think Ganden can grow without the lineage Gurus and their blessings, and they will remain stagnant for a bit until the whole ban clears up. Ganden Monastery has produced so many elite masters, it would be very sad to see them cover up and deny something that has assisted them for so many years now.

michaela

« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2012, 12:50:50 PM »
I wonder, why the instruction to build a new Khangtsen by HHDL, in this case Do Sar Khangtsen, at Ganden cannot be just seen as another Khangtsen to be built to give proper roof to the monks so they can their practice comfortably.

Although they don't practice DS openly or claimed not to practice DS it does not mean that the new Khangtsen cannot be built.  As long as the motivation is pure to benefit others the resources will come.  I bet many of us also practice DS quietly due to many reasons, some of them maybe because we don't want to implicate ourselves or someone that we care about.  When someone asks whether we are practicing DS, I bet most of us will answer diplomatically to indicate we don't do so or just plan "no.  "BUT, is that mean that DS are not taking care of us?  He still does.   

Somehow, it is very easy for us from the outside, who do not experience first hand the implications of the ban to condemn those within the direct scope of the ban.  For many monks, Dalai Lama is their supreme teacher the source of all goodness.  It is part of Guru devotion to do as what your Lama said whether you like it or not.  If DS is a Buddha, he will have equanimity and does not choose whom he would help as long as the motivation is great.  I honestly don't think that DS only helps those who offerred him black tea because he is a universal Buddha and protector.

I really hope that Ganden Shartse new khangtsen can be built soon and may the monks at Ganden Shartse obtained all the necessary resources to do so.

pgdharma

« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2012, 03:58:19 PM »
How sad. It is not easy to raise funds with only 11 monks and without the help of Dorje Shugden. On the contrary, Shar Gaden and other monasteries practicing Dorje Shugden are growing and flourishing everywhere. It is so sad that Ganden monastery is going down with lack of funds and without the help of Dorje Shugden it will be difficult for them to built a new Khangtsen.  I hope they will have enough resources to maintain themselves until the ban is lifted so that Shar Gaden and Gaden Shartse can reunite again.

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2012, 04:49:19 PM »
Hmm. Perhaps HHDL is trying to make a point with this new khangtsen that it would be impossible or very hard to raise funds and build without Dorje Shugden's help? It does sounds like a monumental task. Which other protector would actually lend them a helping hand so swiftly and with little or no problems? Seems and sounds to me that the Dalai Lama is just trying to get his point across about Dorje Shugden that without him growth is almost impossible. I dont think the new khangtsen will manifest, it has been so many months and yet there is little or no updates about dosar khangtsen. Maybe it would take another 2-3 years before it is built perhaps? For those 11 monks, it is a very painful and heavy price to pay just to tow in line with the majority of the monastery and to be politically correct, they are left alone to fend for themselves, literally. Will the other khangtsens help them out and donate as well since they broke off from their own khangsten just to join the rest? Will they be taken care of? I dont see that happening and that is sad in more ways than one.

Essentially they are traitors to Shar Ganden for HHDL's name, but those 11 monks still dont deserve to be treated this way, left to fend for themselves and to organize and administrate everything themselves...not a nice thing to see happening to monks..