Author Topic: Dolgyal (Shugden) topics removed from CTA website???!!!!  (Read 55370 times)

Carpenter

Re: Dolgyal (Shugden) topics removed from CTA website???!!!!
« Reply #75 on: February 19, 2012, 07:04:48 PM »
Now, a chance to end Tibet stalemate
Lobsang Sangay Aug 7, 2011, 12.44am IST
Tags: Dalai Lama

Tomorrow, i take the oath to become the Kalon Tripa, or elected political leader, of the Tibetan people. I assume these duties with the support of His Holiness the Dalai Lama and a democratic mandate from Tibetans living in exile in 30 countries around the world. I will strive to restore freedom for Tibetans and the return of the Dalai Lama to Tibet. The values that i seek for Tibetans are those enjoyed and often taken for granted in India: freedom, equality, and dignity.
We are not against the Chinese people or China as a nation. We want to resolve the issue of Tibet peacefully through dialogue. But the Chinese people must know that historically Tibet and China were two different entities as enshrined in the Treaty of 821-822, which states that "Tibetan shall be happy in the land of Tibet and Chinese will be happy in the land of China."

The above quote was taken from : http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/2011-08-07/all-that-matters/29860802_1_tibetan-administration-kalon-tripa-tibet-and-china

This is one of the articles at the Times of India, Lobsang Sangay mentioned that he will work towards the freedom for Tibetans and the return of HHDL. Does this means the ban of Dorje Shugden will be lifted very soon?

After reading this article and the links commenting about Dorje Shugden removed from www.tibet.net. I really feel shivering, this is word beyond than excited, after so many years, so much suffering, this is the time that I’m waiting, waiting for DS practitioner to be freed from all these unnecessary suffering.

As I was typing this, my tears just can’t stop flowing out, because this reminded me how much the monks went through in Shar Gaden, in Serpom. It is really heartbreaking when talking to the monks when I visited them last year.

If this is really what Lobsang Sangay is working towards, Freedom for Tibet will be very soon…

shugdenpromoter

• Email
« Reply #76 on: February 20, 2012, 10:05:05 AM »
Oh wow, Congratulation CTA for taking your first step to me a real democratic "government". I am sure the Tibetans and the world will be LOOKING at your next move.

I feel it is important that CTA during the reign of Lobsang Sangay to start strategising how they want benefit the Tibetans all over the world. I mean, look Tibetans in general do not even have travel documents to travel. They have a yellow refugee passport which is almost near impossible to travel. The "government" in charged of all Tibetan is now downgraded to just an administration office. It is so obvious they are losing grip of the Tibetans and their stands in the WORLD.

I have heard from friends that when they lost their country, most tibetans including the monks thought it will be only for awhile and not forever. There was a talk by Dalai Lama in 90s that he promised the Tibetan that they will return to Tibet in 2 years. I have heard from some monks in Gaden & Drepung that at that time, they were anticipating to return to Tibet. Most monks even had their bags packed. Of course that did not happened and this was when Dalai Lama diverted his promise to the Shugden issue. There was never a proper explanation on why Dalai Lama made that promise and why it was not fulfill.

Therefore, the whole TGIE and CTA operation was never meant to be in EXILE for so long. It is very apparent when you mix with the Tibetans especially the youth. They do not have any direction and most of them are wasting their life away. Too bad. Come to think about it do we know any famous TIBETAN BUSINESSMAN/ENTREPRENEUR?................. NONE

I do seriously hope, Lobsang Sangay does more than just removing Shugden out from the CTA website. Tibetans do have their LAMAs as an asset whereby they can use to gain a place for Tibetans in the world. BUT FIRST, they have to stop this ban on Shugden. It is time for Lobsang Sangay to make the Tibetan proud and use his HARVARD Phd Cert to use.

BY THE WAY, DOES ANYONE HAS THE VIDEO OF THE DALAI LAMA PROMISING THE TIBETANS THAT THEY WILL RETURN TO THEIR COUNTRY IN 2 YEARS TIME IN THE 1990s??

DharmaSpace

« Reply #77 on: February 20, 2012, 10:16:51 AM »
Yes, not one single lay people that is truly famous amongst the Tibetans, yes Tibetans have exported and uprooted a lot of their main lamas to the rest of the world. I am thankful for that and that is the highest knowledge in samsara, it is dharma that can take us out of samsara so the Tibetans have offered a lot to the world though it was not by their choosing.

Also yes in the 1990's some of the monks were preparing to head back to Tibet already, well like in all things despite things are predicted to go this or that way, things can still changes sometimes in between. But I hope Lobsang Sangye like how shugdenpromoter is saying that use the top lamas to help you gain the influence of the international community, you have Gangchen Lama working for world peace for instance Geshe Kelsang 1000 centres all over the developed world , etc etc ...

negra orquida

« Reply #78 on: February 20, 2012, 05:08:53 PM »
If i remember correctly, i went to the CTA website few months ago and there was a special section just for anti-DS propaganda... the whole website theme looks different now actually..

I made a silly blunder... the special anti-DS section was actually in HHDL's website! and the section is still there! boohoo....

Hopefully in the near future, the CTA will announce in its website that the ban is lifted! It just seems like a natural logical step to take after removing the DS literature from their site... go all the way CTA! Hopefully the next step will then be removing the anti-DS section in HHDL's site! Hopefully CTA is checking out this site and realising the benefits of lifting the ban!

Barzin

« Reply #79 on: February 21, 2012, 05:35:49 PM »
I wonder is this what you called the "swept under the rug" effect? haha...  It is funny sometimes to see the CTA are so into it, talking, banning, using 101 ways to support the ban.  Okay, party's is over where is the fun?  Now many are getting more information on the internet, study and exploring.  Eventually people will conduct their research and compare notes, we can not hide the truth from the people!  Now, CTA has to find answers to all these.  It seems like they have no substantial answers to the ban after all besides "HHDL says NO", "Evil spirit" hence the BAN.

With the newly elected Prime Minister Mr.Lobsang Sangay (he seems promising) with removing the articles on the Shugden issue, I personally feel it was a good move.  Because there is no point talking about it anymore, it has divided people, the nation even loosing the nation.  I think it is high time to unite people back together, and revive what Tibetans are well known for peace, spiritual and unity.  Prove to the world that this is the nation that spread Buddhism to the world, world peace. and it should be like that.

I hope Mr.Lobsang Sangay will take this into consideration.  And I am sure he will be after all the mess.  Just think how monks and nuns died because of the ban, how many left homeless, sick and cut ties with families...?  They are deserve to live, evil spirits or not.  They are your people.

Lineageholder

« Reply #80 on: March 12, 2012, 01:19:57 PM »
Hopefully in the near future, the CTA will announce in its website that the ban is lifted! It just seems like a natural logical step to take after removing the DS literature from their site... go all the way CTA! Hopefully the next step will then be removing the anti-DS section in HHDL's site! Hopefully CTA is checking out this site and realising the benefits of lifting the ban!

I think we're all hopeful of the ban being lifted, but by not mentioning the ban on the CTA website and having it on the Dalai Lama's website, there is a cover up going on.  What they are effectively saying is that it is a religious issue and not a political one - we know that the opposite is the case; it's ENTIRELY political.

If it's a religious issue and not a political one, it's more difficult to lift that ban because the Dalai Lama has pronounced that Dorje Shugden's nature is that of an evil spirit, not a Buddha, so how can Dorje Shugden change his nature?  If the majority of people believe that Dorje Shugden is an evil spirit (based on no evidence, I know) simply because the Dalai Lama says so, his practice will be regarded as non-Buddhist and so the ban would never be lifted....or,. if it was, those who practised it would be seen as non-Buddhist or 'cultists' - precisely the view that the Dalai Lama and his followers are trying to plant into people's minds.

It would therefore follow that it would be more likely for the Bon tradition to be regarded as Buddhist than those who follow Dorje Shugden!

The only possibility is that the Dalai Lama is seen as wrong, but he has a great deal of power in this world and is very charismatic.  I don't want to be pessimistic, but the chances are very slim indeed.  Also he's not going to say that he was wrong, so if he dies with the ban in place, chances are that it will continue.

The only chance is that people see and believe the truth.

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
« Reply #81 on: March 15, 2012, 01:58:37 AM »
I believe that whether the ban is lifted or not depends on what the Dorje Shugden practitioners do. We have to create the causes for the ban to be liften. Dorje Shugden has always advocated harmony. Unfortunately, I feel that often we are not. There are criticisms of those who believe in the bigger picture, criticisms of those who physically protested at the Dalai Lama. Criticisms, criticisms, criticisms. And what do they achieve? Disharmony. Disunity. Ergo, the perpetuation of the ban.

There are so many positive things we can do… we can write to the CTA, the media, NGOs, Tibetan organisations, governmental organisations. There are letters prepared already for those who do not wish to draft their own (http://dorjeshugden.com/wp/?p=10541). With these letters, I truly believe we can ‘make a difference’.

Re making the ban a religious issue, I think that politically, the CTA is empowered to change things – as I have often said previously, the CTA can gently lift the ban by allowing Dorje Shugden practitioners to travel freely. Previously, some monks who had escaped to Nepal and wanted to come to India were prohibited from joining the Tibetan refugee community as they were Dorje Shugden practitioners. The CTA can now say that politically, there is no issue, and let them in. The CTA can also allow children of Dorje Shugden practitioners to attend school. They can also stop shops from discriminating against Dorje Shugden practitioners. There is much that the CTA can do, but it depends if it has the political will to openly counter the Dalai Lama’s stance.

Tibetans have been away from their country for so many years. The young ones especially have never been to Tibet. Even Kalon Tripa, Dr Lobsang Sangay, has never set foot in Tibet. Tibetans are brought up all over the world now. What would they think of their ‘government’ being so petty over a spiritual matter? I’m sure many of the young ones wouldn’t give a flying toss over who Dorje Shugden is but they would care about how some Tibetans are ostracized. Even though there is no country to govern, these are your people, CTA. Watch what kind of example you are showing to them.
Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being