Author Topic: Bullet-proof Mani pills by Domo Geshe Rinpoche  (Read 14946 times)

samayakeeper

• Email
Re: Bullet-proof Mani pills by Domo Geshe Rinpoche
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2012, 12:01:02 AM »
I have heard from a friend of a similar practice in Thailand where incantations were chanted to transfer some mystical energy onto a amulet. The wearer of the talisman would then be protected from harm from firearms and weapons attack like knives, spears etc. This friend did not know if the person doing the incantations is a practitioner of the black art or not. But he heard that some wearers swore by its protective power.

This is just to share what I heard but not to encourage you to fly to Thailand and hunt for these amulets. Do they work? I do not know and I would not encourage anyone to try just for the sake of wanting protection. Then again, who do you want to be protected from firearms and knives?

yontenjamyang

• Email
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2012, 04:20:13 AM »
To be really considered effective and justify the price, the pills got to work regardless if the weapon is contaminated or not. More logical for argument sake that any mani pills or amulet from an enlightened being should work based on the motivation of the person being protected.
For the protection not to work based on the weapon is really not logical. It is as though enlightened power is lower than worldly power/contamination.

Positive Change

« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2012, 05:16:10 AM »
I have heard from a friend of a similar practice in Thailand where incantations were chanted to transfer some mystical energy onto a amulet. The wearer of the talisman would then be protected from harm from firearms and weapons attack like knives, spears etc. This friend did not know if the person doing the incantations is a practitioner of the black art or not. But he heard that some wearers swore by its protective power.

This is just to share what I heard but not to encourage you to fly to Thailand and hunt for these amulets. Do they work? I do not know and I would not encourage anyone to try just for the sake of wanting protection. Then again, who do you want to be protected from firearms and knives?

I heard this as well... The most sought after are the Phra Somdej Watrakhang amulets. It is true however in this day an age why would we really want to be impervious to firearms and knives. We do not really go out there to defend of village/cities from attacks these days. For the curious, here is the history of this one particular monk called Somdej Toh who "created" these miraculous amulets:

http://www.thailandamulets.com/information.php?id=72&page=1

Picture of the illustrious monk attached

Gabby Potter

« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2015, 04:32:58 PM »
Whether the story is true or not but in my opinion, mani pills aren't supposed to be used at wars, fighting etc. I do believe that Domo Geshe Rinpoche's mani pills has that kind of power, He is such a High Lama and no doubt that His mani pills are powerful.

Vajra21

« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2015, 06:22:00 AM »
For those truly interested,there is more information on Domo Geshe Rinpoche’s great Pill (Reebo) in ‘The Way of The White Clouds’ the famous spiritual travelogue by Lama Anagarika Govinda. It’s in the chapter on ‘Healing Powers’.

Dondrup Shugden

« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2015, 07:29:05 AM »
Mani Pills and amulets definitely will heal and protect those who have faith in the originator of such items.  The real protection and healing lies mostly on the part of the faithful who use them in a defensive manner and not to go into robberies and wars.

It is also believed that with blessings from this items, karma still plays a part, if your karma does not invite being shot at or falling fatally ill, then there may be no necessity to have these very precious and rare items. If you are faithful enough then blessings from the Buddhas with or without these holy items will protect to be averted or at least the fatality to be less.

Interesting to learn from these article that there are now 2 Domo Rinpoche, I only had the privilege to meet the one at Shar Gaden.  During these degenerate times, it will be a blessing to have many high lamas incarnate in many beings.