Author Topic: MAKE A DIFFERENCE  (Read 6529 times)

beggar

MAKE A DIFFERENCE
« on: February 21, 2012, 07:14:44 PM »
Dear everyone,
I'm not sure if you all know this, but there is a section on dorjeshugden.com called MAKE A DIFFERENCE... which allows you to... well.... MAKE THAT DIFFERENCE. Don't think your voice is insignificant. Every voice counts. Here's what the website says, and here's where you can find all the goodies:
http://dorjeshugden.com/wp/?p=10541

Get your stamps out and start contributing to a global lobbying effort.

(Join DorjeShugden.com, as below!)

Find the ban so shocking, you are at a loss for words? Do not let that stop you from telling the Tibetan government what you think… in fact, do not let that stop you from telling the world what you think.
You may not be the best writer but to make a difference you do not have to be. DorjeShugden.com have compiled letters that you can send out to anyone and everyone whom you wish to inform about the ban. These letters span a range of topics and we will keep adding to them over time. So please use them alongside our database of mailing address, to let the world know what you think about the ban and why you practise Dorje Shugden.
Many people are not Buddhist and do not know about Dorje Shugden, but they do not need to be Buddhist or Dorje Shugden practitioners to know that the ban is not right. An injustice is an injustice, fullstop.
Help us to get the word out to make a difference. Create the causes to lift the ban today.
DorjeShugden.com team

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
Re: MAKE A DIFFERENCE
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2012, 01:27:18 AM »
This is a great initiative and anyone can do it from the comfort of their own homes. We don’t have to stand outside and picket and possibly create public tension with those against us. I saw the videos of the protests by WSS where there was a group of Tibetans cursing the WSS protestors. Personally, I thought that that situation did not reflect well on either group. I completely understand why the WSS carried out the protests and that it did have an effect. However, the Tibetan response was unbecoming and could have given people the wrong impression that all Tibetan Buddhists are like that. Similarly, the WSS could also give people the impression that all Western Buddhists/Shugden practitioners are critical of the Dalai Lama.

Coming back to this ‘Make a difference’ campaign, I think that it’s something I can do – easily. And I do believe that every voice counts. Yes, I’m a manic petition signer! Everything has been set out so easily for any of us who wish to send a letter. I love it! There’s a letter from someone in Singapore, there is a letter to Dr Lobsang Sangye, to the CTA, to Dharma friends etc. I’ll probably edit a couple to suit myself but will use some as a template as someone has already gone into a great deal of effort to write the points down logically.

Thank you for giving me the chance to make a difference! Let’s snow them with letters!
Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

samayakeeper

• Email
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2012, 02:40:43 AM »
Boy oh boy! So many letters I can pick from. I can easily send a few during my lunch break (my boss would not mind because it is my break time, so long as I do not use company's "time") and from the confines of my own room when I got home, of course, after my meal and a hot shower.

All you Dorje Shugden faithful devotees, let us come together and do this! It is free!

Thanks, beggar, for highlighting this.

Tenzin K

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2012, 04:13:40 PM »
I never thought of this at all. Not about the letter but sharing the letter for everyone.
It make things so conveniently and great work from the admin of dorjeshugden.com.

This is a great idea. For the devotee of Lord Shugden, take this opportunity to send out the mail to show your support. The mass voices will make a different. The world should know what happen to the devoted practitioners. This will make the world aware of the issues and could bring support for the ban to be lifted. People might ignore for once or twice but if the message constantly broadcast in a mass number, this shows the seriousness and the concern of the people that care.
We don’t have to create a new mail, it’s provided! We just need to play our part to make this mail reach to the people that we think he/she deserve to know. 

This idea is so creative!

DS Star

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2012, 12:07:55 AM »
Beggar, this is so so cool... I really like the dynamic and creative people in DorjeShugden.com   ;D

When all DS practitioners, Tibetan or not, come together to do more, we definitely can speed up the process to cause the ban to be lifted faster.

Unity is very very important for all DS practitioners at this crucial moments, to come together to put more and more pressure to CTA. The pressures have to come from all over the world. If only the Tibetan DS practitioners fight their cause, the process will be very slow and may not be effective because CTA has authority over them. However, if the pressures come from other parts of the world, the officers in CTA have to be careful to handle this issue because they need international supports for their cause to claim back the administrative power in Tibet.

Yes we can make a difference!

bambi

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2012, 04:09:14 AM »
This is such a GREAT idea! You guys are really smart and full of surprises! Great initiative as well I might say. People can just download and send the letters to the anti-Shugden practitioners!

IF we really love Lord Dorje Shugden and want people to benefit, just like all the hard work that this forum is doing, we should do the same. We should print the letters to send, print brochures, print comics, print DS pictures, etc to give away to people so more people are aware of what is going on. When they come to this website and read, it will be so beneficial for them. May all of our collective work create the cause to lift the ban asap! So, let us all start printing and distrbuting... ;D

brian

• Email
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2012, 06:01:12 AM »
this is way too good man! I love the dynamic and vibrant minds in this fabulous dorjeshugden.com website. They have worked so hard to create the noise of our struggle to the ban.

When everyone of the Dorje Shugden practitioners do come together and contribute every part of their best abilities, WE can definitely can create the of cause the ban to be lifted. And what more with the pressure that we can potentially give to the Tibetan Excilled Govt. The gloomy situation can become a better day!

All we gotta do is that we unite everyone of our fellow "comrades" (haha) and stand against the ban to make it be lifted as soon as possible to eradicate the sufferings of some of our fellow practitioners in India and Tibet! Its very heartbreaking to see all these sufferings falling to them.

We gotta do it peacefully but yet penetrative! We do it here and there and I am confident that the ban will be lifted very soon!